Espn College Football Pickem Group

Tyler

Pickem group  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join?

• Yes
    • No

I was just wondering how many people would be interested in joining a ESPN college football pickem group? Maybe have some kind of prize where everyone donates something hookah related in the $10-$15 range, depending on how much we get we could do 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes. Just trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested. The way it works is every week, ESPN picks the top 25 (it might be 30) games per week and you pick the winners and rank them in order of how confidant you are in your pick to win. So say USC is playing Ohio St and you're 100% sure USC would win, you would pick USC and rank them #30 and assuming you win, you get 30 points. The person with the most points at the end of the season wins. So yeah, just a pre-screening to see if this is a viable thing to do.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so it's 10 games per week, I was thinking of the bowl week which is a seperate game altogether for the 25/30 lol. But as you can see, I was 100% sure that FSU would beat Maryland so I picked them to win and put them at my 10 point pick, and since I won that game I got 10 points. I wasn't sure Vanderbuilt could beat Tennessee so I picked them and put them #3 because I thought I was more sure about that than the Cal and Oregon State games.
Edited by FSUReligionMan

If you voted yes please leave your name so I know who to contact about this, I know one is me and another is Judge, who is the 3rd?

Cool, I'm thinking we can definately give this thing a go with 10 people. I was thinking that everyone buy $10-$15 in shisha or hoses or coals or something like that then when we have the pool of "prizes" we can divey up what should be included in each prize pack, I was thinking (assuming there's 10 people):
1st place gets 5 of the items
2nd place gets 3 of the items
3rd place gets 2 of the items

We could vote to have more "places" if we get more people or we can just make the 1, 2, 3 places get more things.

Nice, up to 8 people! Looks like this might happen. I'd like to get input from you guys about what you think the donation should be in terms of $ value. I was thinking of throwing in a 100g tin of SB that's about $12 but other brands you can get 250g for slightly more. Should we put any bans on any contributions? Like no hookah-hookah or no certain flavors? I personally hate coconut flavors. Maybe have all donations put on a list and the winnters get to pick from the list the items they want?

I'd probably throw in a Nak mizo 250g. I think the idea of creating a list and letting the winner(s) choose would probably be the best way to do it

Ight guys looks like we have a good start up, I think we should start focusing on making the rules and things official. I want input by the other people too but this was what I was thinking.

Everyone who is participating must 1) make an account on the ESPN college football pickem website and be a part of the group that I will be creating when it opens. 2) must have an item to contribute to the prize pool that costs at least $10 and probably not more than $15, you can make it more, like a pack of Lucid Tangiers or something like that but do not go over $20. 3) If everyone is okay with it, I would like everyone to mail me their prize pool item so they can be all in one place and people who don't win can't pull out their contribution, item must be recieved by the end of the first week. 4) Depending on the final number of people, there will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes which will have a set number of picks from the prize pool. 1st place gets the first picks, 2nd get the 2nd, and 3rd gets whatever is left. 5) In the event of a tie, the tie breakers will be tallied, and the person with the most points (closest to actual score) will be given the nod for the win.

If you want to change these rules, add to them, or change them, please let me know!

Edit: I will cover the shipping costs for all prize packages unless international shipping is required, depending on the cost of it. Edited by FSUReligionMan

Sefless bump to hopefully get more interest biggrin.gif

I was trying to get 10 people min. first before making anything official. Anyone have any friends that want to get in on this?

PMs have been sent to everyone who had an interest.

• 2 weeks later...
I need everyone to PM me their e-mail address so I can send them an invite to the group, or, google ESPN College Football Pickem and then search for private group Hookah Forum, password is Gasket. One you sign up, let me know who you are so I can PM you my address to send me the prize pool addition.

do you think it will be easier if we just say what our prize is, you keep a list. then the winners pick what they want and we ship it out? that way we don't have to pay to ship it to you, then you don't have to pay to ship it to them?

If everyone's okay with that. I'm just worried that some people who lose will not contribute what they say and screw up the prize system, I don't mind paying the double shipping on two of the prize boxes, as I intend on winning one of them biggrin.gif It's fine with me though if everyone else is cool with that idea?

I'd be fine with either, but as you said FSU, if you have it before everything starts its leaves less room for problems to arise. Also, if you don't mind paying shipping for 2 or 3 of the packages, that's awesome.