Home Made Hookah...ever Heard Of Crystal Head?

Fujin

Hey y'all

I stumbled across this site while at work and found that there's so many people here who have as much passion (if not more) as me for hookah, and the creativity to make hookah even more of an art form....Meh, enough banter....anyway

I came across a bottle of crystal head vodka---Dan Akroyd's vodka--at my friends liquor store and said to myself "I must turn it into a hookah!!!" Well, i did, and after doing some research, spending some time at the home depot, and some extra money to make it look nice, tada! I made this several months ago, but never really thought about posting it online, so....you may have come across someone else who converted this glass skull wonder into a masterpiece of a hookah. More power to them i say! Just here to show you my treasure! FIY, i probably could have made this better if i had actual tools, but hey, it's my first go at making one. Plus, all the parts from home depot were from the plumbing and electrical departments. Enjoy!
image 1 image 2 image 3

QUOTE (Fujin @ Jun 29 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey y'all

I stumbled across this site while at work and found that there's so many people here who have as much passion (if not more) as me for hookah, and the creativity to make hookah even more of an art form....Meh, enough banter....anyway

I came across a bottle of crystal head vodka---Dan Akroyd's vodka--at my friends liquor store and said to myself "I must turn it into a hookah!!!" Well, i did, and after doing some research, spending some time at the home depot, and some extra money to make it look nice, tada! I made this several months ago, but never really thought about posting it online, so....you may have come across someone else who converted this glass skull wonder into a masterpiece of a hookah. More power to them i say! Just here to show you my treasure! FIY, i probably could have made this better if i had actual tools, but hey, it's my first go at making one. Plus, all the parts from home depot were from the plumbing and electrical departments. Enjoy!
image 1 image 2 image 3

Really cool skull!

I was at the liquor store at the base up here in Edmonton, and I saw that bottle... the first thing i thought was "Hookah vase!".

Is the vodka any good?

For $50, the vodka had better be decent, but I'd probably be paying for the bottle more than anything else.

thaaaat is fucking cool. nice job man, looks awesome.

The hookah you made is ONLY stupendously great!!! Admiration for that. Where did you find the bottle? Is "Dan Akroid" the company name? Nice photos also. Edited by TizaNabi

wow i'm a total fan of that.. all i saw was $$$'s and heard a cha ching lol man you need to take that to the market and make your fair share of money!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Also--the vodka wasn't all that great--i'd say about smirnoff quality...maybe a little higher. It's definitely drinkable with a mixer. All in all, i think it's worth it! i use this bad boy all the time. even found some mesh wire and put it at the bottom of the stem as a diffuser! Good times. Cheers!

(First post on the hoohahforums!)

That's one mighty fine looking hookah! I really like the metallic design, it goes well with the skull.

Couldn't you tell us (me) more about how you made the stem and hose? How did you make them fit together smartly?
Tell us more details about your rather-queer-looking-geniously-put-together-contraption? tongue.gif Edited by Greenveg

QUOTE (TizaNabi @ Jul 16 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hookah you made is ONLY stupendously great!!! Admiration for that. Where did you find the bottle? Is "Dan Akroid" the company name? Nice photos also.

Tiza, Dan Akroyd is an American comedian, musician, restauranteur, and actor. He played Elwood Blues in the movie The Blues Brothers. He was on Saturday Night Live in the late 70's and throughout the 80's. Since the early 90's his popularity has died down quite a bit.

From Wikipedia:
Crystal Head Vodka is a vodka manufactured by Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It is claimed to be quadruple-distilled and triple-filtered through Herkimer diamond crystals. It is sold in a clear glass bottle in the shape of a human skull, and is promoted by actor Dan Aykroyd

• 1 month later...