so im living at home for the summer and i got my parents to smoke my hookah with me (outside) my dad absolutly loves it and my mom thinks its drug paraphernalia but that's asides the point. My mom loves the smell of it and said i can smoke downstairs but she doesnt want the walls to turn yellow. She makes the old man smoke his cigs outside ha plus one for me anyways will hookah smoke make the downstairs walls turn yellow?

Mush is right, any thing that smokes can yellow your paint. Cigs, cigars, hookah, incense, cooking, all of that kind of stuff can turn your walls yellow. But i will say this, i have been smoking in the living room of this house for 3 years and i am not seeing any signs of yellowing and no one else has either, living in this house or elsewhere.

QUOTE (blendertimebud @ Jun 29 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so im living at home for the summer and i got my parents to smoke my hookah with me (outside) my dad absolutly loves it and my mom thinks its drug paraphernalia but that's asides the point. My mom loves the smell of it and said i can smoke downstairs but she doesnt want the walls to turn yellow. She makes the old man smoke his cigs outside ha plus one for me anyways will hookah smoke make the downstairs walls turn yellow?

Honestly , don't worry about it. I smoke in my room sometimes even though my mom doesn't want me to and the only thing is it smells good from the shisha. NOTHING on the walls what so ever. Just don't drop a coal on the carpet wink.gif she will be pissed.

if you really want to see the coloring of the smoke that you exhale, take a hit and exhale through a tissue...
if you want to see the color of the smoke that goes into your lungs, try putting a tissue on the nozzle and gently inhale through the tissue...
Try the tissue test with a cigarette too. you should be able to see the difference in the amount of tar you inhale/exhale.

I tried doing it with naklah. It actually did turn the tissue a very faint yellow on inhale. I couldn't see any color on exhale.

Thing about cigarettes is that unfiltered burned tobacco smoke comes off the tip... i suspect the sidestream smoke from a sitting cigarette is what actually causes walls to turn yellow rather than the secondhand smoke you exhale...

Hookah doesn't have tobacco sitting there burning... well at least it shouldn't be burning tongue.gif... so it won't just sit there emitting tar smoke. If it is set up right, the only tar is in the vapor that you inhale.. and that is mostly filtered by the water, tubes & lungs. Edited by Plex

I also have smoked very often in one particular room indoors and there has never been a diff in the color of the walls. I have not even noticed a change in my computers fans either, I have a friend who smokes cigs all the time and his computer fans have a lot of gunk, mine just get the normal dust. I don't know that hookah smoke even would yellow a wall, but there is always a possibility so just be careful.

-Z

Step 1: Go to Lowes
Step 2: Buy a gallon of yellow BEHR paint
Step 3: Paint the walls
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Almost profit, at least she can't say the smoke did it.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 29 2009, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shisha is tar free right?
ayways, my walls are cool, I had to check, I have a painting thats been up in my living room for 3 years, I smoke inside, outside, wherever I feel and I don't see a difference in wall color.

exacto. no problems here.

i smoke majority of the time in my basement, but i do smoke in my living room 1 or 2 times a week, for the past ... oh 4-5 years .... not one spot of yellow on any of the walls ... and they are white as well ... you should be just fine.

I don;t think it does. There's no smoke, unless you like piling the coals on zaghloul. Everything that's left over is water soluble. We move a lot of tobacco around, cooking....not to mention smoking. The stuff just washes right off the walls. Cigarettes, on the other hand, leave a yellowish tar stain on things.

I've been smoking in my apt for 2 years, and there is no smell or discoloration of anything. Unless you count the coal burns in the carpet...

You're safe so long as you don't drop the coals.