The Next 'it' Thing

QUOTE (ammoura1 @ Jun 24 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I ask myself (and fellow members), what would be the next 'it' thing that will redefine the hookah industry? Easily available natural coals, huge clouds of delicious flavor, washable hoses that guarantee only smoke (not rust), phunnel bowls and wide diameter hookahs are now standards. But think about it, 6 years ago, we were only dreaming of these!

So, fellow hookah maniacs, I await your opinions, hopes and dreams!

Smokable caffeine added to sheesha or DIY sheesha kits where you get all kinds of flavoring, the molasses, the tobacco, and everything shipped to you in a big box and you get to mix it how you like. OR custom blends.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading back through a lot of comments about another heat source I started visualizing a halogen lamp designed to hang over a hookah bowl, adjustable of course. Then I thought, why light? You just need heat. Even a simple, small, heating coil designed not to have something set upon it but more like a lamp where the heat can be directed down on something, wouldn't be impractical. It would be adjustable for hookahs short and tall, would have self-regulating temperature, and have a sensor on it like an iron so that if it fell over, it would automatically shut off. Of course it wouldn't cool off fast enough to prevent a fire but neither do falling coals.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 24 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Jun 24 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your not making millions off my ideas j/k I think i would be pretty cool to see a hookah base like those beer mugs that has liquid in it you just put it in the freezer and BAM! 10-20 minutes later pull it out and it's ice cold.

It's called the SheeCool Hookah

http://www.sheecool.com/

theses look cool anyone own one? is it a good smoke?

stems sections filled with some sort of liquid that stays cold for longer than ice, so you can take it out your fridge whenever and just pop it on and not worry that it's all melted within half an hour.

Also glass stems.

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jul 1 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mushroom Head Bowl wink.gif

Which i am still waiting to see dangit.

You mean a mushroom shaped bowl with the top being slightly hollowed out for the tobacco?

QUOTE (ammoura1 @ Jul 1 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what would be the benefits of a mushroom head?

I am guessing looks. Possibly if it's solid more ceramic would have better heat retention?

QUOTE (ammoura1 @ Jul 1 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what would be the benefits of a mushroom head?

It would fit right in with the dong-shaped custom hose tips that I keep seeing floating around.

Seriously though, I'd love to see some sort of compact hose modification that allows for rapid cooling of the smoke. Like maybe just an oversized handle that you can freeze or something. That way I could achieve the nirvana of hot water in the base, for maximum flavor extraction, and a cool smoke.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 1 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, no. I have several prototypes of a mushroom shaped super chief. They're quite difficult and expensive to make, unfortunately. They work pretty good.

I remember you were sending one to someone who won a contest i think for that voice chat thingy we did that one time. I never remember him having talked about it afterwards so hence me bringing it up wink.gif

Haven't tried it, don't know if anyone else has, I saw online some pre-packed ready to go shisha. I guess you just drop it in the bowl, add coals, and smoke it. Pretty cool idea, but the store I saw it at didn't have photos of the actual packets, just the boxes.

Anybody tried it? Any thoughts about it? Seems pretty cool but it was a brand I'd never heard of.

QUOTE (bungiman @ Jul 4 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are thinking of HookahHookah shots.

Nope, just went and looked at those and they aren't it. I looked around quite a bit and I think I found it again--although I couldn't find the store where I originally saw it. It's called Poof Poof Shisha, it's in foil and everything and you're supposed to be able to just lay it in the bowl, poke your holes, and go.

It is apparently made by Al Fakher. Edited by Genie

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (Genie @ Jul 4 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, just went and looked at those and they aren't it. I looked around quite a bit and I think I found it again--although I couldn't find the store where I originally saw it. It's called Poof Poof Shisha, it's in foil and everything and you're supposed to be able to just lay it in the bowl, poke your holes, and go.

It is apparently made by Al Fakher.

whoaa, that's interesting. couldn't find it anywhere on their sites. has anyone seen/tried this??

QUOTE (elsemyano @ Aug 3 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whoaa, that's interesting. couldn't find it anywhere on their sites. has anyone seen/tried this??

http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=14378
http://hookahbowl.com/tag/poof-poof/

QUOTE (Zinite @ Aug 4 2009, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks. yea i found the hookahbowl site, which claims it was a fairly good smoke, but mush says it tastes like kitty litter. lol confused unsure.gif . the hb articles are more recent, though. guess it doesn't really matter if it's not availabe anywhere, in the states at least

QUOTE (elsemyano @ Aug 4 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zinite @ Aug 4 2009, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks. yea i found the hookahbowl site, which claims it was a fairly good smoke, but mush says it tastes like kitty litter. lol confused unsure.gif . the hb articles are more recent, though. guess it doesn't really matter if it's not availabe anywhere, in the states at least

That gives me chills.... reminds me of Mabruk http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=24525