The Next 'it' Thing

Nuclear Hookah Coals smile.gif

Look Scalli is smoking hookah... Next thing, BOOM there goes the neighborhood..... Three city blocks do not exist no more and 20 blocks radius is evacuated...

A rock or a chemical mixture in a closed metal container that can retain heat for 30 minutes to an hour would be sweet. You can have 3 of those and you would never need to buy coals again.

Or just adopt one of those coffee shop boys from back home. He will be glad to get the citizenship and after 10 years of having him prepare your hookah, you will be obligated to put him through college. tongue.gif Hell, ADOPT ME. I will prepare hookah for you every day as long as I can smoke it with ya.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gunsboy @ Jun 24 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nuclear Hookah Coals smile.gif

Look Scalli is smoking hookah... Next thing, BOOM there goes the neighborhood..... Three city blocks do not exist no more and 20 blocks radius is evacuated...

A rock or a chemical mixture in a closed metal container that can retain heat for 30 minutes to an hour would be sweet. You can have 3 of those and you would never need to buy coals again.

Or just adopt one of those coffee shop boys from back home. He will be glad to get the citizenship and after 10 years of having him prepare your hookah, you will be obligated to put him through college. tongue.gif Hell, ADOPT ME. I will prepare hookah for you every day as long as I can smoke it with ya.

Scalli comes to town and there goes the neighborhood sad.gif

i think we're going in the wrong direction thinking about something to replicate coals. we already know that nothing can imitate coals so why are we trying to do it? i think contemplating this idea of replacing a coal with something coal-like is doomed to fail. we should instead be thinking of another way to heat. coals are not necessary, just heat. i think that finding a way to heat up the head to cook the tobacco would be much more productive. just my 2 cents.

My mom has this stone she puts in the bottom of the bread basket during dinner that retains heat...or a pizza stone retains heat pretty well. Hell, Tangiers phunnels retain heat well.

I'd say a another round of Super Chief bowls or mini phunnels. Eh, Eric??

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 24 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mom has this stone she puts in the bottom of the bread basket during dinner that retains heat...or a pizza stone retains heat pretty well. Hell, Tangiers phunnels retain heat well.

I'd say a another round of Super Chief bowls or mini phunnels. Eh, Eric??

yes i would love to see another round of mini's

i think the next big thing is going to be glass everything, aka bowls hookas and maybe glass handles who knows

i thought glass would be the next big thing too...however, i don't think the bowls are worth the cost...especially compared to the price you pay for a standard egyptian or a Tangiers Phunnel....those two bowls are inexpensive and perform amazingly well.

QUOTE (arcane @ Jun 25 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought glass would be the next big thing too...however, i don't think the bowls are worth the cost...especially compared to the price you pay for a standard egyptian or a Tangiers Phunnel....those two bowls are inexpensive and perform amazingly well.

all the bad news on here about glass phunnels and bowls et al is completely killing my desire to blow money on anything glass and shelve my tang phunnels

mnhookahs glass phunnel is better than my tangiers phunnel to be very honest. now i love my tang one but the glass heats the tobacco so well and i can get it to last longer with less shisha.

was well worth the money for me

I think "Glass everything" would be a pretty neat idea. Hey, it would look good but I don't think it would improve the smoking session. Also, the fragility of a glass vs a stainless steel shaft will make the all glass hookah a <gizmo> more then an industry standard....
.....but I still want one smile.gif

National Hookah Holiday!

Everyone gets the day off and goes to parks and smoke till we can't smoke no more!!!!!

QUOTE (bungiman @ Jun 25 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back to the coal thing. What about something ceramic? Can't ceramics absorb and then emit/distribute LOTS of heat? This could be a cool idea.

the physics for heating a conductive material works a bit like this. The longer the material holds heat the longer it takes to heat it up and it takes more energy than you get back. That is a very general statement but unless something generates energy/heat on it's a good rule of thumb on conductive materials.

The ultimate cooling would have the 'gel' used in the shecool hookah but inside the hookah stem as well. Think about it, you take your shaft (ehmmm, hookah shaft) and place it in the freezer. It doesnt need to be all in the freezer (think Mya shaft that can be broken down to many parts). Also, if possibly, why not a cooled flexible hose...

The hose also doenst need to be cold in all its length. I see a KM size hose with the lower tip (which is about 10 inches) with cooling gel in the outside membrane (thus not touch the smoke, just cooling it)

You end up having a cooled shaft, cooled vase and a cooled hose. Mix in some of favourite shisha and you have one amazing hookah experience!

Actually, as far as cooling, I am not much on it, I could care less...but on youtube, there is a video of a couple guys who modified a snuss cooler so they could put there hookah in it...pretty neat. Keeps the entire hookah (except bowl and hoses or obvious reasons) cool the entire session. Plus they put some BA blue lights in it.