107 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Ready?

• I'm ready like Spongebob, man.
    • What's a 2012?
    • Yeah, but we're all gonna die.
    • I don't care. Alls I knows is that my hookah will be by my side when it comes around.
    • 2012 is a fluke.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/1/11 Eric will eat food. You've been warned.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm all for the doom and gloom.The myan calander dosn't just end though its based on a huge planatary cycle that resets to the begining.Its also supposed to signify a great cleansing and awakining.I think that in 2012 we will be able to tell weither or not the sun is going to start one of its long down cycles or not.Triggering another ice age.Like clock work the earth will freeze over agin.And then warm up agin, then freeze agin.I think that we greatly under estamate the knowledge and wisdom of the ancient world.For example the aztec's grew more food per acre then we are able to acomplish with our modern technology.If you look at how much we have advanced in the past 400 years its not hard to imagine what the ancient worlds could have came up with in thousands of years.Its just that maybee they had the wisdom to know better.Technology will be mans downfall an evolutionary failer.As man tries to make his life eaiser we become weaker and less able to make the critical evoulotionary progression necessary for survival.

Like most species. We will not advance until faced with a problem that threatens our existence.
Seen as how our communication has gotten to the point where most of the worlds population can receive and exchange information with each other. Our need to work together has become more important.
Hundreds of years ago when this was not the case. They worked together to formulate solutions to problems that were only threatening their local existence. Which is why the Aztecs learned to grow so much crops in so little space, and why the Mayans were able to pinpoint the start of their drought and floods. They all faced these extinction dangers enough times to know that they would not be able to overcome them without working together and finding solutions.
Now look at us today.
The problem we have is that we are not facing any type of extinction dangers. Our current 'qualities' aren't being pushed to their limits and we fail to present the world with any extraordinary solutions to anything. The closest thing to a problem that we have we are ignorant to. It it is global pollution. Yet I bet 60% or higher on this board alone drive SUVs and use an un-necessarily large amount of energy elsewhere.
Now that human kind has become a communication powerhouse. We'll learn to run from our problems before we work together because it will be too much effort.

We'll learn to populate another planet before we save our own.

"Hello! I'm a human. Welcome to Earth, where we destroy and exhaust our resources will full knowledge of its consequences."

• 2 weeks later...
I didnt watch the youtube vids but my sister has been watching zeitgeist lately and she has become obsessed. Im not surprised though since she is only 16 but I havent watched it or any other doomsday thing here lately, but I dont care.

If the world is going to end, its going to end, and if I die, then I die. I can do nothing to stop it or my death, it is inevitable so Im not going to worry about it.

I know what happens in 2012. Turns out we think on different wave length's... I was all excited for a new president but we are talking end of the world.

The Mayan's civilization ended a long time ago, 2012 was a bit ambitious. Plus my brother is part Mayan (adopted from GT) and he suck's at predicting things so... meh.

QUOTE (Nameone @ Aug 30 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 word.

Y2K.

Remember that?

Yeah and I was only getting frustrated at the fact that NOBODY would do their freak'n research on why they thought that networks would fail.

There was no logic behind it. At all...
The only people that believed anything would happen were the ones that didn't research it.
So what?!...a counter was going to roll over.
2012 on the other hand has a toss up of different idea's with a ton of different theory's all ranging from different philosophies to scientific concepts of what is to come.

Honestly I consider it all to be entertainment for me=)

If something does happen though....

'Well I'll be dammed...'

2012 is when I shall shed my disguise and reveal myself to the world. Not to mention my intergalactic space-travel horse "Diptard" will be back (the name fits, there was life on Venus until he ate too many burritos and farted there). Hopefully he's wiser this time....

QUOTE (mustang_steve @ Aug 30 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2012 is when I shall shed my disguise and reveal myself to the world. Not to mention my intergalactic space-travel horse "Diptard" will be back (the name fits, there was life on Venus until he ate too many burritos and farted there). Hopefully he's wiser this time....

WIN

QUOTE (ashes87 @ Aug 30 2009, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didnt watch the youtube vids but my sister has been watching zeitgeist lately and she has become obsessed. Im not surprised though since she is only 16 but I havent watched it or any other doomsday thing here lately, but I dont care.

If the world is going to end, its going to end, and if I die, then I die. I can do nothing to stop it or my death, it is inevitable so Im not going to worry about it.

I think that film is extremely over played and over hyped. All it really does to ones conscious is fuck with it and freak you out. While alot of the stuff in the videos are true its not like the stuff they're doing is new. It just seems new because your hearing about it now in some video that everyone is going insane over because it tells "secrets!!!".

Im not here to advertise any website but www.abovetopsecret.com <--- is where I go for that sort of stuff. Not everything is true but there are alot of stuff on that website that make you think twice about certain things..

• 1 month later...
I got 4 theories.

1. The sun's charges some how die out and we all freeze to death.

2. The earth stops rotating and whatever side is on the sun burns to death, the other freezes to death.

3. The earth gets 2 close to the earth and we all burn to death.

4. All bumble bees die because we killed them all and they loose interest, without them, we can't live. Bumble bees polinate flowers, flowers provide oxygen, we can't live without oxygen.

Think abt it...

yea without bee's alot of plants will die out.But other things pollinate like butterflys,other flies
and humming birds

I think a grand solar mininum is gonna be our problem.
I think the myan's astrological knowledge and accuracy is amazing.
the thing with 2012 in there prediction is a huge planitary solar system and galaxy and solcitice allignment event.Pretty amazing we actually cross a galaxy plain/equator/parallel type plain
that some think will cause a magnetic reversal. Like how tropical stroms spin in the opposite direction in the souther hemisphere or like how water in a toilet spins the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

QUOTE (twoapplesplease @ Oct 12 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea without bee's alot of plants will die out.But other things pollinate like butterflys,other flies
and humming birds

I think a grand solar mininum is gonna be our problem.
I think the myan's astrological knowledge and accuracy is amazing.
the thing with 2012 in there prediction is a huge planitary solar system and galaxy and solcitice allignment event.Pretty amazing we actually cross a galaxy plain/equator/parallel type plain
that some think will cause a magnetic reversal. Like how tropical stroms spin in the opposite direction in the souther hemisphere or like how water in a toilet spins the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.

So there's no end of the world, just toilet water spinning the opposite direction?

Jesus, that sounds cataclysmic.

Ohh, and speaking of Jesus, is this 2012 thing a Religious BS hoax like the 7th day adventists or do we actually think the Myans had the means to calculate the end of time?

Oh, I also think that global warming has all the possibility to cause an Ice Age, but we will drown in our own garbage before that happens, or just drown in general because Glacial ice is melting and raising the ocean water levels... Edited by Hippo_Master

So there's no end of the world, just toilet water spinning the opposite direction?

Jesus, that sounds cataclysmic.

Ohh, and speaking of Jesus, is this 2012 thing a Religious BS hoax like the 7th day adventists or do we actually think the Myans had the means to calculate the end of time?

Oh, I also think that global warming has all the possibility to cause an Ice Age, but we will drown in our own garbage before that happens, or just drown in general because Glacial ice is melting and raising the ocean water levels...
[/quote]

HAHA the water spining the other direction in toilets is just an example of the kinds of forces at work.
Meaning that if we cross this galactic plane or equator somehow something like a magnetic reversal might happen.Not to mention what if the gravitational forces and what not that makes hurricanes and toilets swirl in a paticular direction were to change in the opposite direction might cause some sort of giant tidal wave or something.

I don't think global warming is man made just a natural cycle that the earth goes through.
during the last iceage co2 levels were higher than they are today atleast thats the data there getting through ice core drillings in antarctica.

yes will drown in our own garbage...but seriouslly when the earth goes into iceage mode the glaciers advance pretty rapidly.scintific evidance shows that in 20 years time the glaciers advanced hundreds of miles in europe during the start of last iceage.

but its all just what scientists think.No one knows for sure.
Its like we think we know so much and then they build a bigger telescope and we relize we don't know shit.