107 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Ready?

• I'm ready like Spongebob, man.
    • What's a 2012?
    • Yeah, but we're all gonna die.
    • I don't care. Alls I knows is that my hookah will be by my side when it comes around.
    • 2012 is a fluke.

So pretty much everyone knows about the year 2012. Who believe the Mayans have successfully identified the last year of our planet? When I was younger(High school days) I was like OMG da world iz gunna endz!! Just because the Mayan's moon calendar stops in 2012.
I just wanted to see what you all thought about 2012.
But I personally do not believe the world is seeing it's end in 2012.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I graduate from college in 2012....the world better not end.
Regardless, I'll have a hookah by my side...fuck it!!!!

wow on Stuie's article

...ya I knew their calender was based on cycles and it was the end of the big one...I figured that 12/21/12 would start some major catastrophes(figured major flooding and shit due to us shifting to the Age of Aquarius), but there would be survivors and the world would slowly start over.

for giggles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oq_IskRIg

Well, if the world does end in 2012, the joke is on the everyone I owe money to for student loans... good luck collecting after the apocalypse!

time travel would be pretty rockin smile.gif otherwise, i think it just signifies changes, which could mean people interact differently due to technology, which has been seen gain speed progressively in the last decade...usually there's some progression toward whatever change will take place for each bout of time. My guess is it wasn't meant to be "the end" just rather the end of how people are used to communicating for the most part. A new era, a new line of thinking. The person whose job it was to predict this stuff...well maybe he just up and croaked and nobody else was born with that "job" as people's "jobs" were based on when they were born. It's what gave them their name and whatever their job would be in the mayan society.

*shrugs*....could be aliens too, but they haven't made their presence yet, so idk if it should be anticipated or expected. While I was anticipating the end of the world, who the hell knows. Unless someone time travels to find out, it's obviously an unknown. smile.gif

Most people got it all wrong. 2012 is the end of the Mya long count, but for them it wasn't an "Apocalypse", it was a new beginning. And the whole alignment thing thats supposed to happen to signal the whole end, has actually been going on for quite some time now. And the height of it has already past as well wink.gif

I think 2012 signifies when we start moving our settlements into the ocean, we start colonizing the ocean more. The age of Aquarius signifies water. We shift to the water. It's a fundamental shift in the way we understand living.

I could care less either way. If the world ends, then the world ends, and I can die knowing I at least did everything I could to enjoy my time here.

If the world does not end, well then thats another day to keep living. I will probably be listening to Ministry's "End of Days Pt. 2" for most the day just because I can biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Jun 23 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The age of Aquarius

The only thing I could think of when you said this is 40 Year Old Virgin....ending song...

Honestly, the government is always trying to shift our focus on other things. The government is fucking up so badly they need our focus to be elsewhere and shit like this works. We say "damn government, get your shit together, I'm pissed...blah blah blah" and there response is "hey, look over there, something else is happening"

This is probably just an another one of their attempts to divert our attention away from how crappy of a job they (the government) is doing. Unfortunately, most americans have an extremely short attention span and shiney things easily distract them. Edited by delSol_si

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 23 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is probably just an another one of their attempts to divert our attention away from how crappy of a job they (the government) is doing. Unfortunately, most americans have an extremely short attention span and shiney things easily distract them.

You could not have said it better, and it is true. Most americans do have the attention span of a peanut, so saying "look over there, something new is happening", most people will look, and be like "ohhhhhh". It is ridiculous in all honesty, but I am of the mind that society, and humans in general - no one get offended, this is just one of those generalizations I have - are getting stupider by the day, and do not seem to care that they are.

I actually read an article in the local newspaper that said my generation - aged 19-27 - is lazy and seeks instant gratification. If that is the truth, our society will collapse before the world ends. Just my $0.02 to everything. smile.gif

QUOTE (ashes87 @ Jun 24 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is probably just an another one of their attempts to divert our attention away from how crappy of a job they (the government) is doing. Unfortunately, most americans have an extremely short attention span and shiney things easily distract them.

You could not have said it better, and it is true. Most americans do have the attention span of a peanut, so saying "look over there, something new is happening", most people will look, and be like "ohhhhhh". It is ridiculous in all honesty, but I am of the mind that society, and humans in general - no one get offended, this is just one of those generalizations I have - are getting stupider by the day, and do not seem to care that they are.

I actually read an article in the local newspaper that said my generation - aged 19-27 - is lazy and seeks instant gratification. If that is the truth, our society will collapse before the world ends. Just my $0.02 to everything. smile.gif

I'm offended...

Er, no, I agree completely, but to get offended at something seems to be in vogue these days, so I want to be offended, and agree at the same time. Can I do that?

Society seems to have come to a point where everyone wants to be a victim of something, so might I add that whatever the outcome, it's not going to be their own fault for anything. Let's blame the Myans! 774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif

QUOTE (ashes87 @ Jun 24 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, we are all getting lazy. Watch the movie Idiocracy, seriously! I watched it and then a few weeks later my dad asks me if I have a suggestion of a good movie to watch. I tell him "Watch Idiocracy, it's pretty good" and I gave him a copy of it. He comes back in the next few days and tells me "Wow, that was a weird movie, the sad part is, when I turned the movie off and went back to regular television, I thought I was still watching the movie." This movie explains how Americans are getting lazy and dumb. If you can't find it, I can send you my burnt copy (as long as you won't turn me in!). Make sure it is this one:

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jun 23 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most people got it all wrong. 2012 is the end of the Mya long count, but for them it wasn't an "Apocalypse", it was a new beginning. And the whole alignment thing thats supposed to happen to signal the whole end, has actually been going on for quite some time now. And the height of it has already past as well wink.gif

Thank you!!

The Mayans stopped the calendar at the end of the Age of Pisces. This didn't mean destruction, many researchers now believe that the Mayans were expecting an age of renewal, where the old is renewed, which doesn't necessarily signify the end. The only thing that they are concerned with is how the alignment may or may not affect the Earth's magnetic field. They are hypothesizing what would happen if the poles were to shift.

Anyhow, I spent a good Sunday watching all this stuff on the discovery channel about it. All I have to say is that a few days before December 21 my best friend and I are planning to gather all the illegal substances known to man and give them a whirl. If we end up becoming junkies and don't die, that would really suck. :/

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Jun 24 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Society seems to have come to a point where everyone wants to be a victim of something, so might I add that whatever the outcome, it's not going to be their own fault for anything. Let's blame the Myans! 774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif

Victim mentality is rampant. I have a friend like that. Everything is either worse for her or better for her than everyone else in the world. Nevermind the roof over her head! :-/

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Jun 23 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think 2012 signifies when we start moving our settlements into the ocean, we start colonizing the ocean more. The age of Aquarius signifies water. We shift to the water. It's a fundamental shift in the way we understand living.

Bioshock?