Hooked On Hookah

natgnat

Lounge: Hooked on Hookah
Refreshments: Water, Soda, Energy Drinks
Hookahs: Everyone was using an MZ
Hoses: SocialSmoke standards
Coals: They were either 3Ks or Belgians... I'm not 100 percent sure which.
Bowls: Mostly small generic Egyptian heads, some SocialSmoke standard bowls here and there.
Shisha: Mostly Starbuzz; not as many flavors as I've seen at other places, but a decent selection nonetheless.
Price: $8.00 per person for the first bowl (one hookah per two people), $6.00 refills. They upped the price by a dollar since I last went, but there's really no reason to complain.
Overall: 8/10
This was my first time going to their "north" location in the Springs. I was very impressed by how ventilated it was by comparison (granted, it wasn't very crowded, but nevertheless lacked the giant clouds of smoke billowing out everytime someone opened the door). Bunch of comfy couches everywhere, with a movie room and ping pong setup further in the back. Bowls smoked pretty well (even for SB...ha ha), although I may have gotten into an argument with one of the workers about the definition of a "fully-lit" coal (he didn't like me much after that, but agreed to go relight the coal in question). The music was all over the place, and I felt many of it completely detracted from a comfortable atmosphere. In reality, this isn't a big deal since I don't tend to go to lounges for the music. We did manage to sit fairly close to the theater however, meaning random explosions would pop up now and again.

All in all it was a good experience. I'd been to their south location a few times before, and this newer one certainly didn't let me down. Staff was friendly (again, sans me being finicky about how lit a QL should be), atmosphere was good, and in a town that almost completely shuts down after 9:00 pm, it's a nice place to be able to go. I docked points for the coals and music, but everything else does not disappoint. If you find yourself in town, stop by for sure.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
In my opinion, one of the better lounges, if not the best, in town. The workers are all friendly, great atmosphere, and since I've been going they don't use SB. They make their own stuff and its just some of the best stuff I've ever smoked. Definitely need to check it out if ever in the Springs.