Acclimation Issues With Tangiers By Sonthert

The tobacco I have here at the lounge does have periods that need acclimation, but not as much as people with acclimation problems do. 4/20 acclimation is supposed to mimic how the tobacco is stored/used at my lounge.

4/20 is open for four hours, seal for 20 hours in a plastic tub to acclimate it.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 22 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tobacco I have here at the lounge does have periods that need acclimation, but not as much as people with acclimation problems do. 4/20 acclimation is supposed to mimic how the tobacco is stored/used at my lounge.

4/20 is open for four hours, seal for 20 hours in a plastic tub to acclimate it.

Should you ever stir the tobacco during the 4 hours? Just wondering.

I don't stir it, so if you want to mimic how my tobacco is stored, I would say no. On the other hand, my tubs are quite shallow and long, so if you're using deeper containers, it might be a good idea. Use you best judgment. smile.gif

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Sonthert' date='22 November 2009 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1258941863' post='430940']

[/quote]

Honestly, I hate to rub it in but I opened mine this morning, let it sit out on my window sill for a few hours and its ready to go. I'll test the smoke and taste later tonight but it definitely has the smell and texture down. Then again this is NC and it is humid and hazy and hot.

wow that is one intense study, i read most of your posts eric but i didn't see anything about this kinda question, what is best to acclimate in set tobacco outside in 92F heat with 18%-20% humidity, or keep it inside with air conditioner running between 70-80F. It may be dumb question but anyway to improve my acclimation problems is a win..right?

[quote name='Sonthert' date='12 June 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1244860940' post='378845']
Who has Trouble Getting Tangiers to Acclimate?

Answer the following questions for yourself, at home:

1. I have never been able to get any Tangiers to Acclimate. (True/False)
2. I have tried different packing methods and none of them work. (T/F)
3. Tangiers always smells burnt or like soy sauce. (T/F)
4. I have tried leaving Tangiers out for extended periods of time, to no avail, it doesn't change at all. It still smells off. (T/F)
5. I have tried smoking it and it tastes bad. (T/F)

If you answered false to any of these questions, I can't use you for this study. Don't respond to this thread. Thanks for your participation and cooperation. All the posts I moved to this thread are appropriate for the scope of this study.

Also, for these purposes, I want primarily people inside the U.S...if you're outside the US, you can participate, too, if you have Tangiers tobacco handy to use. It'll be obvious why after awhile. Hopefully we'll be able to make some progress and you non-US users will benefit, too. You non-US users can be adjunct members of the study, maybe help, too...

Unfortunately, my post came up late because it has a newer post date, so as it goes...
[/quote]

1. F
2. T
3. F
4. T
5. T

I've had extensive trouble with Cocoa, and Green Apple Noir

I acclimated Green Apple for 16 hrs, and it still smelled rank. I tried smoking it and it was terrible. Cocoa still smells like gasoline and chocolate but has that gasoline aftertaste. Grapefruit smells like gas, ashtray, and a hint of grapefruit. I was able to get it to smoke alright, but it still had a hint of ashtray flavor.

All of these flavours had been acclimated for 16 hrs +or - a couple of minutes.
I've had no trouble with Mimon, Horchata or Static Starlight.
I live in Utah where it is dry (most of the time) Edited by thatonethere

i acclimate for 8 hours upon the very first opening in a 73 degree room stirring once after 4 hours.
from there on i open the shisha for 2-3 hours before smoking if it has been sealed for more than 36 hours.
works everytime for me but its virginia....its like a hot ass swamp right now. Edited by thecoalition

[quote name='thecoalition' date='22 June 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1277253715' post='472542']
i acclimate for 8 hours upon the very first opening in a 73 degree room stirring once after 4 hours.
from there on i open the shisha for 2-3 hours before smoking if it has been sealed for more than 36 hours.
works everytime for me but its virginia....its like a hot ass swamp right now.
[/quote]

NC is the exact same way. Better to bring back an old thread than repeat the same one again and again.