Goodbye Hookah Forum

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 11 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Lunatic768 @ Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jezter6 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, nothing is worse than a "goodbye cruel world" forum post. If you don't like it here, you're free to leave and join that other super cool HookahSpace something or other.

+1

just by the way

Cyncism much either of you? While you may not feel the posts are necessary, some people who leave this forum have been here for some time and they have the right to say why they're leaving. Stoicism died out with the Spartans. If you're a human being and part of the human experience then you actually feel things, good, bad, mature, childish, brave, fearful, all through the range of human emotions and sometimes you might want to share those. It makes you human. Just as he's free to leave, you're certainly free to skip the thread, aren't you?

'Rani

on the same token, they should be allowed to respond how they feel fit, no?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (arcane @ Jun 10 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 11 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Lunatic768 @ Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jezter6 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, nothing is worse than a "goodbye cruel world" forum post. If you don't like it here, you're free to leave and join that other super cool HookahSpace something or other.

+1

just by the way

Cyncism much either of you? While you may not feel the posts are necessary, some people who leave this forum have been here for some time and they have the right to say why they're leaving. Stoicism died out with the Spartans. If you're a human being and part of the human experience then you actually feel things, good, bad, mature, childish, brave, fearful, all through the range of human emotions and sometimes you might want to share those. It makes you human. Just as he's free to leave, you're certainly free to skip the thread, aren't you?

'Rani

on the same token, they should be allowed to respond how they feel fit, no?

LOL..... You've got me there. bye.gif However, the statment seems to be a rather disrespectful attack on him feeling the way he feels and choosing to show that on the forum. Remember the old saying that if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say anything at all?

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 10 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember the old saying that if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say anything at all?

Very true, and a phrase to live by. However, when FSU's parting words were saying something not nice about the forum as a whole, and a mod in particular, I think it deserves some sort of response. I like the guy, but that really seemed a childish move. Better to stay and make things better than leave in a blaze of drama.

QUOTE (Sherwood @ Jun 10 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very true, and a phrase to live by. However, when FSU's parting words were saying something not nice about the forum as a whole, and a mod in particular, I think it deserves some sort of response. I like the guy, but that really seemed a childish move. Better to stay and make things better than leave in a blaze of drama.

+1 again

i would have felt a lot better about this if he had made a thread about how he feels brand bashing on the forum has gone to far and that people had been rude and he wanted to address these issues
but instead he made this "Goodbye Hookah Forum" thread
saying how he had been wronged and that he would leave the community
which is not constructive to either parties
i dont know if i am missing information
thats just my impression on the situation (assume= ass out of u and me)

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 10 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember the old saying that if you don't have something good to say about someone, don't say anything at all?

Thank you.

Guys, FSU didn't personally offend or attack anybody specifically in his parting post, so unless you're the member or mod who transgressed against him, we could do without your wisecracks and disrespectful sentiments - and even so, this is not the right place for backlash. To find the silver lining, at least we have a better idea of who is guilty of stoking the coals of hate which undoubtedly contributed to FSU's resentment.

Take care buddy. You've been good to the forum and me personally, I for one will miss having you around.

See you when I get there,
-Dr. B Edited by Dr. B

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 11 2009, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take Dr.B here... He hates my username. thats his tough shit. I'm not goin anywhere.

your username makes me want to puke my lungs out. graphically and vividly. words cannot express my complete and utter hatred of your username. Every time I see it I just scroll down past your post so it won't be there on my screen. It's possibly the worst username in the history of the internet. i really don't know what else to say. Just kill yourself.

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 11 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, its good to see Dr.B isn't alone.
now i could say something like....blow it out your ass, but I take it in stride. lol_hitting.gif

ilikeilikemyusername's username. ilikemyusername makes me wish ilikedmyusername more than idolikemyusername. myusername pales in glory compared to ilikemyusername's username. one day maybe ilikemyusername and myusername will have babyies and they will be iliketuscaniusername or tuscanilikemyusername.

for the record... no homo. but seriously... i love ilikemyusername

tuscanilikemyusername for life! =p jk jk

QUOTE (Tuscani @ Jun 11 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 11 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, its good to see Dr.B isn't alone.
now i could say something like....blow it out your ass, but I take it in stride. lol_hitting.gif

ilikeilikemyusername's username. ilikemyusername makes me wish ilikedmyusername more than idolikemyusername. myusername pales in glory compared to ilikemyusername's username. one day maybe ilikemyusername and myusername will have babyies and they will be iliketuscaniusername or tuscanilikemyusername.

for the record... no homo. but seriously... i love ilikemyusername

tuscanilikemyusername for life! =p jk jk

sweet!

even more fun to participate in or facilitate said collapse smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

BANANASSSS!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hate to crash in on a closed thread, but I was having internet problems.

I'm the first guy to say chill out, almost every brand has something respectable to be said about it. I can only think of one that's not true about.

I never finished High School, actually.

I understand your situation. If I could tell a story, if it'll help or not. Either way, I understand your position.

My mother is fairly old, and I try to make sure she's happy, taking her pills, well fed, etc. About 5 years ago, I learned how to play bridge, the card game. Its an OK game, but I learned it so her and I had some activity to do together so she wouldn't feel so lonely, me being her last living relative in San Diego. We'd go and play bridge twice a week before business started getting better...sometimes three times a week. I grew to dislike a number of people that played bridge regularly, but there were still a lot of nice people and it was good that I interacted with older people and my mom loved it so much. I'd learned the rules of bridge to some degree, more specifically the rules governing competitive play and I'd had obnoxious people harass me and I'm the kinda guy that is an asshole to assholes and nice to nice people. One of these people, who really isn't anywhere near the most obnoxious bridge player I'd ever met gave me grief when I started asking legal questions regarding how him and his partner played bridge. He said he didn't have to answer them. I called the tournament director and she really didn't listen to my side of the story and said he didn't have to answer the questions he legally had to answer. I was extremely annoyed. At the end of the round, I told him off. I said that he was one of the reasons that people didn't want to play bridge and that I was fed up with him and people like himself. I told him to think about it because I was never going to play bridge again. I still haven't. I feel bad because my mom loves playing bridge with me, I'm her favorite bridge partner she always says. The echoes of the time there gone by have begun to fade and I miss it very little, and I feel like I did the right thing, I didn't need to put up with these people and if nothing was going to be done about it, I didn't care to waste my time or my money there. I feel bad, because the reason I started playing bridge in the first place was still there, mom, and I regret making such a rigid stand, but I wouldn't go back. I love my mom...but I'm not that strong a person to put up with rude and obnoxious people when they go out of their way to be objectionable, I guess. In a way, I don't really care, in a way, I'd just like to play bridge with my mom.

So, I understand where you are coming from. Betrayal, annoyance, a compulsion to do it and a repulsion to avoid it. Feeling like the people who should be preventing BS aren't. I'm not judging you, by any means.

If you stay, I'll give you a free 250g of Tangiers Lime when its ready. I may have a secret 250g of old Tangiers lime I can give you too...to compare and contrast...collectors item stuff. If you don't, alas, I'll have to say you gave up trying to argue the side of religion against me and that I won. smile.gif I will understand your decision, however and I hope you find the bridge game with mom that you are looking for.

Again, apologies for breaking in a closed thread.