Goodbye Hookah Forum

I saw this in someone's post before. LOL

I started smoking double apple Nkhla and thought the world of it until I tried AF double apple. Now I think Nakhla is shit. tongue.gif Bring it on Nakhla people.

BRING THE HATE SISTERS......

lol_hitting.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support everyone, perhaps I will give it a few days more. I was going to call it after the incident but I didn't want to make a decision in heat. There are more reasons than the brand bashing and the mod incidentS; however, I do not want to bring up isolated things with specific people. If nothing else I might just get on to chat a few times to talk to some of my usual people, check PMs, and lurk -- but I can't say that I'll be posting much of anything.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jun 9 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the support everyone, perhaps I will give it a few days more. I was going to call it after the incident but I didn't want to make a decision in heat. There are more reasons than the brand bashing and the mod incidentS; however, I do not want to bring up isolated things with specific people. If nothing else I might just get on to chat a few times to talk to some of my usual people, check PMs, and lurk -- but I can't say that I'll be posting much of anything.

I have enjoyed your posts. But I just cannot help myself. I have to say "EMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" tongue.gif

I am just kidding. I have been a member of this forum since 2005. And I post alot at different periods but then I go back to lurking when I get busy with life. I do not like anyone in here. Everyone here has an ego bigger than the Atlantic Ocean. Come to think about it, I hate you all. I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ALLLLLLLLLLLLL.

This is my final post until an hour or so from now because I have to go to an awards ceremony for my little sister ... BORING...

But seriously dude. We come here to learn about new things and techniques about this good habit of smoking shisha. I hope that we will see you around and hopefully one day smoke together in "1st Hookah World Convention"....

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are leaving a community/forum because you like one thing and other people do not agree with you?
you will come across many many many disagreements in your life, are you gonna run from all of them? i hope not.
i think you should stay.

+1 word!

You better still come to the smokefest in indy!! ...and bring the Santino bowl!! haha

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 9 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And If you have had any unpleasant interation with any moderator,or feel they were being rude, I would ask you to raise it to one of us.
Even if it's about me.

Baring in mind that Adrock has very little todo with teh day to day running, and Mushrat is up to his earholes in everything!!!

A hell of a lot of things get misunderstood using the medium of text.

JD

Listen to JD man. I thought JD was being rude and unpleasant. I brought it to his attention (not directly, but still to his attention). We PMed back and forth a few times and go it worked out really well. Now I feel closer to JD (in a non homosexual way) than I ever did before. I went from thinking he was a complete jackass to thinking he is cool as shit. The whole thing was just a misunderstanding. Shit happens. We are cool now. smile.gif

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 9 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And If you have had any unpleasant interation with any moderator,or feel they were being rude, I would ask you to raise it to one of us.
Even if it's about me.

Baring in mind that Adrock has very little todo with teh day to day running, and Mushrat is up to his earholes in everything!!!

JD

Listen to JD man. I thought JD was being rude and unpleasant. I brought it to his attention (not directly, but still to his attention). We PMed back and forth a few times and go it worked out really well. Now I feel closer to JD (in a non homosexual way) than I ever did before. I went from thinking he was a complete jackass to thinking he is cool as shit. The whole thing was just a misunderstanding. Shit happens. We are cool now. smile.gif

That's just because JD is from the UK... It happens to the best of us...

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Jun 10 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if it's about me.

JD

*Looks at delSol_sis avatar*

i like 3kings
and i hear about how they sucked from a bunch of people, cocos blah blah
then eric set me straight and told me that if they work for me, fuck em
if SB is your favorite enjoy it
and fuck em
other people might disagree
other people might be dicks about disagreeing
but in the end, they are hundreds of miles away and you are at your desk (or whatever) smoking your favorite SB flavor
so who cares?
and i dont have cocos, or a KM
because i have good luck with quicklights and i think KM's don't look very attractive
people have told me i am wrong
but its all IMO so...

(i'm one of those nakhla people btw, nice and dry, and delicious)

I hope you stay man. Please dont let some ignorance from others ruin your experience on this forum. I understand when people refuse to think that you have a right to your opinion as I have been through that before but you just have to realize that they do that out of ignorance...dont let it get to you. In any case I have no problem with what anybody smokes. I have never tried tangiers and quite frankly I probably never will because I can not see the use of packing so much tobacco into a bowl...but than again I am a cheap person lol. To each their own and I honestly I would smoke alot more SB if it wasnt priced so high but it is good quality tobacco. Every one has their own opinion and dont let others who bash you for your opinion ruin ur experience on this wonderful forum

I hope you stay man.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are leaving a community/forum because you like one thing and other people do not agree with you?
you will come across many many many disagreements in your life, are you gonna run from all of them? i hope not.
i think you should stay.

This

Dont jump out of the boat yet man. We all have preferences, you have yours, I have mine, giant ninja robot has his, mushrat has his. We all have em. They are like assholes.

You gotta look past forum BS and read some posts, post in topics you have something to say about, and then go play the Xbox or watch TV or whatever. Dont take anything all personal.

All the best if you dont come back, but I'd like to see you stick around man.

QUOTE (Kapten Kanel @ Jun 9 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of the issue is that most people here are the "hookah-guru" of their social network. Then we all come here believing more or less that we are hardcore hookah smokers that know everything and then we clash together. Well, kinda...

buuut iron sharpens iron, so long as we are respecting eachother's opinions. It's what allows us to stretch ourselves and learn from eachother, honing ourselves as weapons of smoky destruction.

At any rate, sorry you feel that way , it's your decision bro and either way I hope you enjoy life and whatnot. I do understand the mod part of it as I've had that happen to me as well (I don't handle percieved or actual abuse of authority well), but you owe it to yourself and the person in question to try to talk it out. Of course this is the internet so you don't HAVE to lol. I am an emotional person and have let it fly a few times on the forum, you can find em if you search, and have felt silly to varying degrees afterwards each time, wishing I had done more to solve things from my end before posting in reaction to the real or percieved offense. What I've personally decided is that the internet is not forcing me to type or post and that I can wait untill I'm calmed down to do so therefore avoiding any melodrama from my part.

I don't really think you're right or wrong but hey, other people have dealt with stuff here too and have come out the other side with much more respect and understanding for it, try to work it out before you go awol. The internet is rife with misconceptions and miscommunication.

Nakhla ftmfw, SB has some great flavors, Tangiers does as well, KMs rock but so do many other pipes, I love you, you love me, kumbaya! Let's all agree to disagree, imagine all the people, you get the idea. Peace to you FSU.

The mods are taking some heavy fire in this thread, people should think a bit about what they say, the mods are a vital part of the forum and keeps it running, i think they are doing a splendid job. Mods are not perfect, nobody is, disagreements are bound to happen, there are better ways of handling it than this, just saying...

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Jun 9 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well unfortunately I think I know exactly where FSU is coming from.. This is a tough forum to hang out in, if u dont like tangiers.. I get badgered all the time as well. I'm also pretty sure I was witness to the last event that just pushed FSU over the line. Not quite sure how to feel about this, I hate to see go man.. WE will be in touch.

I know the feeling though,, its like if your not smoking Tang out of a phunnel with cocos on a Km trimetal your a nobody, or you dont know anything about smoking.

So uhm listen hit up John,, order some Kashmir something or another along with some coco's and a trimetal.. When your order comes in,, you can hang out with us again.. ok? BTW we will need pictures of the order just for verification purposes. When the pics have been authenticated we will let you post again..

Cheers Bro I'll smoke sum Tang dream in your Honor.. sorry.gif

Hope Canon apologizes!!

i understand what you're talking about but....
here's a little story about me when i was younger in high school (1992-1997)
i hung out with all europeans, mainly italians..
my first clubbing experience was weird. i was the ONLY non-european person in there and it remained like that for quite some time.
did that stop me from clubbing because i didnt "fit in" with the rest? hell no! i used that to my advantage. all the hot euro chicks would look at me because i was the different one. damn those days were great.

FSU: everyone has an opinion, its more apparent on online forums. just ignore the people that bug you and keep going.
opinions are like farts. everybody's stinks except your own.

ps. farts i would recommend running away from. opinions you need to learn to just deal with.

QUOTE (gunsboy @ Jun 9 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jun 9 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not just because of this reason, there are others but I don't feel like making a bigger deal out of it than it already is. Some (one in particular) of the mod(s) are just down right disrespectful and rude. I have the upmost respect for Eric, Mush, and a lot of the regular members like tiny, fcb, china, scalli, SS, Tati, and the list could go on forever. In this case, a few sour apples have spoiled the bunch.

^^^^^^

I am not in that list!!! Is it just because I am Canadian??? ohmy.gif

nope. im canadian and i made the list. tongue.gif

I would like to STRESS the point that I am in no way downplaying the role of the mods. Every mod has done a FANTASTIC job on monitering the foums, it just seems that main one -- who from what I've heard -- has caused many personal problems with many people. To reiterate, this is not an attack on mods in any way, shape, or form. Please do not take it as so.

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 9 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (freeOS @ Jun 9 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why someone can be so emo about, of all things, brand opinions.

One word - immaturity.

'Rani

now i think calling him immature is a little harsh. it has nothing to do with a person's maturity level.
everyone deals with situations in a different manner. some deal better while others do not.
i just hope FSU listens to our advice in this thread because running from all bad situations can eventually make life miserable.

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why someone can be so emo about, of all things, brand opinions.

One word - immaturity.

'Rani

now i think calling him immature is a little harsh. it has nothing to do with a person's maturity level.
everyone deals with situations in a different manner. some deal better while others do not.
i just hope FSU listens to our advice in this thread because running from all bad situations can eventually make life miserable.

I didn't call him immature China...... It's immaturity to insist only "your" brand is the worthwhile one. And I don't think FSU is the type to run from all bad situations. Sometimes though you have to make a choice whether or not to hang in the same place with the same thing happening over and over. To do so means you're taking responsibility for avoiding things that are bad for you because they mess with your mental peace.

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Jun 9 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jun 9 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One word - immaturity.

'Rani

I didn't call him immature China...... It's immaturity to insist only "your" brand is the worthwhile one.

'Rani

I agree with the girl wisdom

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jun 10 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to STRESS the point that I am in no way downplaying the role of the mods. Every mod has done a FANTASTIC job on monitering the foums, it just seems that main one -- who from what I've heard -- has caused many personal problems with many people. To reiterate, this is not an attack on mods in any way, shape, or form. Please do not take it as so.

I didnt really mean to point any fingers, its very important that issues with mods become public, it was more that some people in this thread seamingly meaninglessly "bashed" all the mods in one swipe for some few incidents with someone.

Take it chill man, you should stay!
It takes some time to acclimate (LOL ERIC I GOT YA NOW) to this forum but when its done its really nice, i dont really visit any other forums anymore, this got everything!

Tips for faster acclimating:

- Mix yourself up with the juices
- Spread yourself out on foil, lie there for few days until you smell good

EDIT 300th POST post-5619-1201289386.gif

QUOTE (Kapten Kanel @ Jun 9 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Jun 10 2009, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didnt really mean to point any fingers, its very important that issues with mods become public, it was more that some people in this thread seamingly meaninglessly "bashed" all the mods in one swipe for some few incidents with someone.

Take it chill man, you should stay!
It takes some time to acclimate (LOL ERIC I GOT YA NOW) to this forum but when its done its really nice, i dont really visit any other forums anymore, this got everything!

Tips for faster acclimating:

- Mix yourself up with the juices
- Spread yourself out on foil, lie there for few days until you smell good

HAHAHAHAH It may be the wine and af mint talking but damn that was HILARIOUS