Stuie Is A Daddy!

Stuie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidence continues to mount that you're not gay, Stuie. Color me unconvinced, however.

Congratulations, man. I hope it turns out to be one of the best days of your life (it's okay if it doesn't feel like it for the next few months).

QUOTE (Kathrynx @ Jun 10 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats Stuie!

Canon and I have been talking a lot about you, your wonderful wife, and when your baby was gonna come already! From over here it seemed like forever!

yeah, i thought the baby was due in April. tongue.gif

congrats stuie.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 8 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cadence Joy Halverson was born June 8, 2009 at 4:04am. She was 7lbs 9oz and 20 3/4" Long.

After 24 hours of labor trying everything to do it naturally, Melody finally had to go on drugs to progress the labor and manage pain. After attempting to using the vacuum pump to help the baby we ended up having a C Section.

Melody and Cadence are doing fine. Melody and Baby should be released Wednesday Morning. It's been a long few 2 days. Going to try to get a little sleep and get back up to the hospital!

Secret Hookah Project Pics will be up soon. Waiting for Melody to get home so she can smoke with me in celebration. Several mods where not able to get done in time since she was 3 weeks early.

Awesome news! Congratulations!

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Now if I can just get through the week without killing my mother-in-law I might just be amazing.

Within 24 hours, she has brokedown my wife emotionally twice, put Dawn in the dishwasher causing my kitchen to fill with suds, and countless accusations and passive aggressive contents. My wife is totally distraught and she is on the edge of totally mental breakdown.

She won't leave till Saturday, but I expect my wife will kick her out before then...

... I am suppose to be enjoying this moment in my life, but I can't.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 11 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Now if I can just get through the week without killing my mother-in-law I might just be amazing.

Within 24 hours, she has brokedown my wife emotionally twice, put Dawn in the dishwasher causing my kitchen to fill with suds, and countless accusations and passive aggressive contents. My wife is totally distraught and she is on the edge of totally mental breakdown.

She won't leave till Saturday, but I expect my wife will kick her out before then...

... I am suppose to be enjoying this moment in my life, but I can't.

it might be postpartum depression...but, yeah...this is supposed to be a happy time in your life...might want to get rid of any negativity hanging around. smile.gif

take the bull by the horns and kick the bitch out yourself Stuie, you never get these first moments back and if she is doing more harm than good you and your wife owe it to yourselves to have that time untarnished.

From one man with a horrible horrible mother-in-law to another, do it for your wife dude, she needs rest.

I am giving her till i get home to straighten up. After the blow out last night, because my wife loves her mom, even though most of the time she is a self centered, passive aggressive....YEAH one of those.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 11 2009, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am giving her till i get home to straighten up. After the blow out last night, because my wife loves her mom, even though most of the time she is a self centered, passive aggressive....YEAH one of those.

Stuie, congrats!

Sorry about the In Law Issues....just remember, protect your wife....explain your actions.....then move on. In the long run, she'll respect you for it.

She probably doesnt even realize she is upsetting you two. Best thing to do is talk to her, let her know what youre thinking.
If this is her first grandkid, shes worried, and wants you to do a good job.

Make sure that you, mom and baby dont get too stressed out by the mom-in-law.

QUOTE (Tati @ Jun 11 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She probably doesnt even realize she is upsetting you two. Best thing to do is talk to her, let her know what youre thinking.
If this is her first grandkid, shes worried, and wants you to do a good job.

Make sure that you, mom and baby dont get too stressed out by the mom-in-law.

Actually, it's not her first granchild. We trying talking last night she just huffed, walked out and slammed the door.

Wish I could give her the benefit of the doubt...but I gave her that 5 years ago and she hasn't proven niceness or average intelligence yet.

kiiiiccckkkk her ouuuuttttttt. I completely understand dealing with a passive agressive mominlaw who will only interact with people on their own terms and wont see normal logic and reason. It took us untill she was attempting to frame me for child abuse to seperate from her, not that that drastic of a solution is needed for you, but you get the idea.

How's the baby doing? All is well on that front I hope? Freakin babies. Awesome! Like 4 of my coworkers have concieved in the last month lol. Love it!

congradulations

Man, I remember when my daughter was born, she'll be 5 in a few days, she had cholic, she threw up her $22 formula and it smelled like rotten swiss. The mother in law stayed for a week. Cholic made hr scream non stop, I didn't get a decent nights sleep until she was 2.... the list goes on.
perhaps a "good luck" is in order.

congrats she is a beautiful baby, i wish you luck with the first few months ,lol
as for the mom in law, i found that when they are exactly like you describe, i have one myself, you need to draw a line and stick to your gins, most of the time when you get in their face and dont back down they realize what it feels like and stop. now my gf mother if like this and when i finally did stand up to her and held my ground she understood, and she respected me for it and we havent had any problems like that since.

hope this helps and congrats again on a beautiful baby girl.