Indiana/illinois/michigan/kentucky/west Virginia/tennessee/missouri

delSol_si

Ok, so K1024 is hosting a 4th of July Smokefest!! He lives in Indianapolis, Indiana, but I went ahead and listed neighboring states as well. I am personally from Springfield, IL, so it is going to be roughly a 5 hour drive for me. Well worth it. There is also someone I might be able to talk into going that lives in Michigan, so if you are in one of the states mentioned, I encourage you to come. Heck, regardless of where you live, if you want to come, by all means, come!! The more people the better!!

I am NOT the one hosting this, K1024 is so if you have questions about this, if would probably be a good idea to address them to him. The only reason I am posting this instead of him is because he doesn't have the time. He did tell me it was ok for me to post it though.

I think the ACTUAL date of the Smokefest will be the weekend before or after as most people will probably want to spend the actual 4th with their families or working. I think the weekend before is goal. Here is the thread that this originated in, it has a few more details: http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=30449. I am personally not 100% I will be going myself, but I am going to make every attempt possible so that I can. Hope to see everyone there!! RSVP please!! I'm sure K1024 would appreciate an approximate head count.

BTW, if anyone lives close to Springfield Illinois, let me know, I MIGHT be able to pick you up and give you a ride, no guarantee though. PM me if interested. I drive a 2 seater though so probably only one other person.

I'm guessing K1024 will fill us in on more precise details once the date gets closer. Let's make this fun!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Charley @ Jun 10 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im going to be there (providing i can find a ride there and back. YES im a bum so what.)

I have a feeling it might just be the three of us. Or four if you bring someone. Everyone I have tried to get to come has an excuse sad.gif Then again, I am not 100% sure I will be going. All depends on my potential job. I am thinking about getting either another KM ice from thomas, a syrian off ebay, or a MZ off hookahjohn, can't decide. It would be nice if I could make up my mind on which one to get and if I can afford it so I could bring it with me.

K1024, do you have an shisha shops around where you live? I may not get around to ordering in time with an online vendor. I don't want to place the order until I am sure I can make it. I have 2 250g containers and several other used containers which should be enough, but like I said, most are Layalina, a Nakhla, a Mizo, little AF, and some Al Waha. Be nice to get some Tangiers or maybe more AF.

John just got those badass KM leather hoses in again so I am really tempted on that, plus his deal with CH coals right now and the MZ, but he doesn't carry regular Layalina and the $11 shipping is higher than other places w/o a hookah purchase. If HJ had the selection and price on Layalina that HC has, this would be much easier.

Man, being unemployed sucks, I have to watch what I buy.

I want to go, but I've been lazy about things around here, and just found out this week I got a reunion the second weekend of july, so I got a lot of catching up on bills and such since I afforded that slight dent. I apologize for the false hope setting :-p I was kinda excited to go too. So....if I can go, I'll know that Tuesday the 23rd. smile.gif