Scalli's Olivewood Micro Phunnel

EternalSoil

Please post all reviews of Scalli's Olivewood Micro Phunnel in here.

I am sure many would love pictures of these unique handmade bowls!

Remember! To discuss your review, please post a new topic in the main review section!

• 2 weeks later...

OLIVEWOOD MICRO PHUNNEL BY Scalliwag
Purchase Price: $40
Bowl Size: Approx. 15g

As ya'll can see from the pictures above I purchased and recieved a wonderful Olive Wood Micro Phunnel from our resident innovator Scalliwag. I've now had the bowl for a month exactly and have probably smoked close to 50 bowls out of it in that time period, give or take a few times. When the bowl arrived it came with several items that make this bowl unique(On top of it being the only wood bowl on the market) those items included a screen for the bottom of the bowl(when using it as a regular bowl), a pipe and mod(for when you use it as a phunnel bowl), and a small candle foil to be used as a replacement for foiling your bowl with regular food prep foil. So as you've figured out by now THIS THING IS CONVERTIBLE!!! Although I haven't personally tried using the bowl in it's conventional form, using it as a phunnel just rocks too much, I trust that if I ever did need to use it as a conventional bowl the smoke quality would be excellent. So on to the good stuff, this bowl is exceptionally beautiful, and until it arrived I was a firm believer and regular user of Tangier's Phunnel bowls. I still believe that Tangier's bowls hold a nice niche in the market, but if you do a bit of solo smoking(or even with one or two other people) I think these new Micro Phunnels are an amazing investment. Currently, smoking a bowl of AF I'll use 2 starlight coco's(one at a time of course) and I'll be able to smoke the bowl approx. 1 1/2 hours. That's about the length of my usually session, but I could go through at least one more round of coals with this bowl and the baccy would still be in good shape. Smoke quality with this bowl is amazing, and heat management is about as easy as it gets, pop one coco on there broken up and your good to go.

OVERALL:
If the price doesn't stop you then nothing should. This bowl blows anything else I've used out of the water, it's easy to use, easy to clean, easy to manage heat with, and makes for some amazing clouds. I try not to give perfect ratings out to anything so I'm going to award this bowl a score of 9.8/10.0 Don't hesitate to give Scalli a PM to place an order for one of these amazing bowls smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I got both the olive wood bowl and one of the new hoses. I'm sorry, but the camera is down so no pictures.

First the bowl. First of all, it doesn't really look like real wood on the outside because it's so beautifully finished. Very smooth, and well made. It comes with screens to insert and a bell to turn it into a funnel type bowl. Either way works just fine. It's deep similar to a Mya bowl and perfect for both heat sensitive and heat loving tobaccos. It's deep enough to leave some extra space in the case of Tangiers or other heat sensitive tobaccos, and you can pile it all the way up with the heat loving brands. My main concern was that the wood won't transfer heat as well as ceramic does and I was really surprised. I couldn't tell I wasn't smoking out of a ceramic bowl. And it looks awesome on my KM. Because it's light and a natural material I was also concern about leaking at the bowl gasket. Didn't happen. I did pull the bowl gasket off the stem and inserted it into the bottom of the bowl before putting it back on the stem. It sealed perfectly. I've used it a couple dozen times and love it. There was a slight "woody" taste at first but a quick conversation with Scalli recommending the inside be rubbed with olive oil would get rid of it faster. Since I intend to keep it prrimarily for my cherry flavors, I used some of the juice from cherry AF instead and it was completely gone the next bowl. I highly recommend the bowl and will probably buy more of them in the future.

The hose. Easiest draw on any hose I've ever used. Period. Better than my Nammors. Better than my KM Grand. Certainly better than any regular hose I've ever gotten with a new pipe. It's very light and ultra flexible. I haven't used it more than a dozen times but I'm not getting any ghosting so far. And it just happens mine is a three piece wood version that almost exactly matches my bowl. Together they really add to not only the look but the functionality. Huge clouds with this paring.

I highly recommend them both.

'Rani