norcalsmoker

Lounge: Amarean Cafe
Refreshments: Soda, Water, Various Snacks
Hookahs: Magdy Zidans
Hoses: Vinyl Tubing
Coals: Not sure
Shisha: Saalaam, Hydro
Overall: 1/10
This place is absolute shit. They only serve herbal shisha. The place is lighted by black lights and has various black light posters hanging on the walls. They blast techno music and it gets really annoying. The seating was okay, they had couches so it was semi comfortable. It costs $1 to get into the building. After that it is $10 for a hookah and they don't really care how many people are on each hookah. For hoses they used neon green vinyl tubing jammed into the hose port. The tubing didnt have a handle or anything. They have an oxygen bar downstairs and an aqua massage. The only legit part about the Amerean Cafe is the magdy zidan hookahs they use. That is the only reason I gave it a 1 out of 10 rating. They have a young girl packing the bowls and setting up the hookahs and she totally f**ked it up. She overpacked the bowl and loaded way too many coals onto it. Plus they had metal bowls so it held the heat in even more so it was straight up harsh from the get go. Amerean Cafe sucks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Haha. Amarean Cafe is the reason why i spent so much time perfecting my hookah skills. I used to go there a couple times a week after college classes. At that time there was no $1 entrance fee and they served mostly AF and some other random sheesha. I agree though this place is terrible. Btw Norcal where do you live? Im in the city of Lodi.

QUOTE (Jabbles180 @ Sep 4 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha. Amarean Cafe is the reason why i spent so much time perfecting my hookah skills. I used to go there a couple times a week after college classes. At that time there was no $1 entrance fee and they served mostly AF and some other random sheesha. I agree though this place is terrible. Btw Norcal where do you live? Im in the city of Lodi.

Dude, I live in lodi too!

• 1 year later...
Hey have you guys tryied the new Hookah spot in Stockton on pacific and march they called Pepperonis pizza & Hookah cafe.Very good place to hang out. they have beautiful belly dancers. in my opion the tobbacco and hookas are top notch!:rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

Allow me to correct the nonsense written above as I owned the place for over ten years now:

Lounge: Amarean Cafe
Refreshments: 25 Cold Drinks from different Sodas, Energy drinks, Snapple etc. and 10 Hot drinks including Cappuccino, Lattes, Tea, Cocoa, Etc.
Hookahs: Magdy Zidans 
Hoses: Aluminum & Silicon
Coals: Coconara
Shisha: Al-Fakher. Al-Nakhla. Fumari, Starbuzz, Tonic. Fantasia. Saalaam. (About 6 flavors from each)
Overall: I would let the next person who visits and writes a review decide this one.

Our place is absolutely wonderful. We serve many brands of shisha. The place is a 3 story building; the upstairs has black lights and has various black light posters. We play a wide variety of music from country, to 90's pop, house music, and modern hiphop.. The seating is comfortable as we have restaurant type booths and heavily cushioned chairs across.

It has been $1 cover charge for the past 10 years and hookahs are $10 for a hookah and we don't limit how many people are on each hookah.

For hoses we used to use the tonic hose ends (they are actual hookah hose ends with modified tubes that last longer than the original tubes), now we use silicon hoses with aluminum ends.  We use Magdi Zidan Hookahs.

We use + size ceramic bowls (Not metal bowls).

We do not over pack the bowls! that's hookah 101.  You know what though - some guy came once to me and instructed me to fill the bowl only half way and he said he worked at a hookah bar and it's the best way to do it lol NOPE we didn't listen.  Anyway (=

We are on www.facebook.com/TheHookahBar

Also on www.Instagram.com/TheHookahBar

and on www.Amaraen.com and soon we will be on www.TheHookahBar.com

No we are not puppets to yelp and we do not care what people have to say about us on yelp (You can buy your way on yelp and we won't play their game). 

Edited by Amaraen