last night I had a pretty bad accident with my tablesaw. I lost half my left index finger and my middle req'd a lot of surgery. I was ripping a 3" board and got away from me and kicked back severely. Fortunately I stand to the side or this would have been worse. It was the wood and not the blade thay got me.

Typing is not easy and to be honest I'm pretty depressed. A long road on healing up.

Larry the wood guy has been really ill lately and was in the hospital. Of all things he was in the room next to me! Talk about a suprise.
We were both released at the same time and left the building together. If you PM and I reply in brief I'm sure you understand.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope your feeling okay, and they got you plenty medicated. Sorry to hear that your hurt and that your projects might get slowed down (but not stopped im certain of that.)

well get better soon buddy.

Aww.. that sucks. sad.gif

Funny that I myself cut off the tip of my thumb a week ago. It's been a long healing process on that too. Almost had to get stitches on it. One of those super sharp, brand-new chef knifes and a slip of my hand and *SLICE* went my thumb. Nasty bleeding mess. sad.gif

No, didn't cut the tip.. cut the tip OFF. As in thumb meat showing through wound. tongue.gif

Scalli, man totally sucks dude!

You seem to be in good spirits though, I would totally be pissed! I hurt myself all the time.

Get better!

Need anything just PM, I am not that far away!

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jun 1 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last night I had a pretty bad accident with my tablesaw. I lost half my left index finger and my middle req'd a lot of surgery. I was ripping a 3" board and got away from me and kicked back severely. Fortunately I stand to the side or this would have been worse. It was the wood and not the blade thay got me.

Typing is not easy and to be honest I'm pretty depressed. A long road on healing up.

Larry the wood guy has been really ill lately and was in the hospital. Of all things he was in the room next to me! Talk about a suprise.
We were both released at the same time and left the building together. If you PM and I reply in brief I'm sure you understand.

Damn, good luck man!

I was expecting this bad news to be accidentally breaking something like a bowl, not an injury. That's good to hear that you're alright though.

On a much happier note, I got my bowl in today and already smoked some mizo peach out of it. I'm very happy with it, and I'll post a review and likely a thread tomorrow after another session or two with it, thanks again. Edited by UnwiseZebra

QUOTE (UnwiseZebra @ Jun 1 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was expecting this bad news to be accidentally breaking something like a bowl, not an injury. That's good to hear that you're alright though.

On a much happier note, I got my bowl in today and already smoked some mizo peach out of it. I'm very happy with it, and I'll post a review and likely a thread tomorrow after another session or two with it, thanks again.

+1 thought it was another "RIP Mini Phunnel" thread or something
but damn, good luck with the healing process, musta been one hell of a sight!!

Oh, Scalli, I'm ssorry you're hurting....... sad44.gif Really..... Nothing I could say is going to make it better. Although I do know someone who had a similar incident with a table saw. And it didn't slow hiim down a bit after he healed up. It was his thumb he lost all the way down so he lost the ability to grip with his right hand - and yep, he was right handed. So it could be worse. I know you're not feeling it now, but there is a bright side....... You could have lost an appendage Ms. Scalli would have missed much more!

Would it help if all the girls on the forum offered to kiss it and make it better anytime we see you in the future?

'Rani

holy crappola Scalli! Glad you weren't injured worse my friend. Here's hoping you recover quickly man. Be well.

Arrrrrrrrrr!!! for Scalli, our innovator and friend!

Wow, crazy. Sorry to hear that Scalli, but like you said it could have also been much worse, so in a sense you were lucky. Just try to look at the positive side of things still and I'm sure you'll get through this. Hoping for a speedy recovery.