Food Coloring In Hookah Base

Has anyone ever put food coloring in their base and noticed the smoke change color?

...never done it before but curious if anyone has and noticed the color of the smoke change

...i'll probably try it in a couple days and let you all know what i think but throw out some thoughts in the meantime

QUOTE (OneGreenMonstah @ May 29 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone ever put food coloring in their base and noticed the smoke change color?

...never done it before but curious if anyone has and noticed the color of the smoke change

...i'll probably try it in a couple days and let you all know what i think but throw out some thoughts in the meantime

sounds interesting, give it a shot who knows what it can do

I dont think it will do anything. I've used alot of Kool-aid packets in the base and its never changed the color of the smoke. I think changing the color of the smoke would be something chemical you'd have to do with the shisha, in which case, I dont think can be done safely.

Maybe if you tried putting food coloring in a washable hose? That's the only why I can think of, since the dye comes in direct contact with the smoke at that point and you aren't adding chemicals or anything to the shisha/vase. You would have to clean it out, hence the "washable hose" part, but hey, if you want colored smoke bad enough...

I agree, we've all thought of it at one time or another and no one has ever come up with a workable/healthy idea. In my base i've used food coloring, extracts, juice, soda, tea. And they have never changed anything but the flavor. Sorry bud without a light you won't get different colored smoke.

Putting food coloring in the hose will just stain your hose and make everything taste weird.

QUOTE (liquidglass @ May 29 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Putting food coloring in the hose will just stain your hose and make everything taste weird.

Haha I've never tried it, but it seems like the only thing that hasn't come up in one of these threads yet. If nothing else it would have given me a good laugh if it turned out bad for him. tongue.gif

Shinerbock says thanks God that would not work. She also says that any colored smoke that came out would be leaving some seriously nasty colored residue in your lungs. Odds are better than not that you would have a respiratory meltdown within minutes.... but what the eff does Shiner know? wink.gif

QUOTE (liquidglass @ May 29 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to get colored smoke would be a device you could use on the exhale of the smoke. Which honestly in theory shouldn't be that hard to do, but the biggest question is....is it really worth it?

The even bigger biggest question is... who's gunna try it? blink.gif

QUOTE (clumsygrace @ May 30 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (liquidglass @ May 29 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to get colored smoke would be a device you could use on the exhale of the smoke. Which honestly in theory shouldn't be that hard to do, but the biggest question is....is it really worth it?

The even bigger biggest question is... who's gunna try it? blink.gif

Charley prides himself as the resident guinea pig so I vote him! smile.gif (hmmmm Charley Pride?)

Some flavors have a natural pinkish tinge to them...but there would have to be a colored gas thats external to the tobacco to make the color or suspended particles (Carbon makes cigarette smoke bluish-grey).

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 30 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some flavors have a natural pinkish tinge to them...but there would have to be a colored gas thats external to the tobacco to make the color or suspended particles (Carbon makes cigarette smoke bluish-grey).

bluish grey smoke coming off the tip of a camel light is SO sexy.....
WAIT! use the force... you ...quit... These arent the droids you're looking for.