*help* Namoor Hose Tip Problems

hello I just picked up a few namoor hoses and I'm having problems with the bottom tip coming off too easily. It's almost impossible to smoke with out the tip coming off the hose. I was thinking of putting some silicone on the OD of the gromet to set it into the hose. any one else have a recomendation or has ran across this problem before?

QUOTE (lokalori @ May 26 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello I just picked up a few namoor hoses and I'm having problems with the bottom tip coming off too easily. It's almost impossible to smoke with out the tip coming off the hose. I was thinking of putting some silicone on the OD of the gromet to set it into the hose. any one else have a recomendation or has ran across this problem before?

Wait wait... you mean the grommit is not keeping the tip secured in the hookah? I'm lost ohmy.gif

the grommet on the hookah hose port is holding perfectly fine. the bottom tip the one that connects to the hookah is coming off the hose. it's not coming out of the grommet the grommet is coming out of the hose. Edited by lokalori

wow that is a new issue, never heard of the tip connecting to the hose port falling out, only the mouth piece falling out. Since the piece that is coming out for you never needs to be disconnected from the hose, i'd say to just use a glue that is non toxic, and glue the grommet back in there, then take the hose tip put some glue around the tip of it, and pop it into the grommet, then let it dry of course.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ May 26 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow that is a new issue, never heard of the tip connecting to the hose port falling out, only the mouth piece falling out. Since the piece that is coming out for you never needs to be disconnected from the hose, i'd say to just use a glue that is non toxic, and glue the grommet back in there, then take the hose tip put some glue around the tip of it, and pop it into the grommet, then let it dry of course.

Listen to this man and do as he says.

yeah I figured some clear silicone would do the trick. on closer inspection the grommets that are in the hoses that are having problems are different than the grommet in the one hose that isn't acting up. I thought that was kinda odd.

Have you tried putting it in without a gasket? Try that and see what happens. If the hose stem is big, in relation to the hose port, a gasket can just make it flop out repeatedly. Alternately, maybe its the wrong gasket

QUOTE (lokalori @ May 26 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any one else have little quality issues like this with southsmoke?

Why would the retailer have anything to do with you nammor being bust?
silicone will work to make a good seal, but it doesnt REALLY stick to plastic and rubber, i use superglue and silicone on my razan, works.