Cleaning A Non Washable Hose

My stock Habibi hose started developing severe ghosting a month back. It's so bad now, that when I take a hit while it's disconnected, I want to vomit. It's a non washable, but it got so bad I started flushing it out with vinegar and baking soda. Even soaking the hose in that mixture overnight could not get rid of the taste, so I decided to get myself a new hose rather. The new hose is also of a non washable variety, but pulls 10x better than my stock hose.

Now my question is, if it starts ghosting again, how the hell do I get rid of that taste? Is there some magical handshake I have to do with my wife? Maybe a leprechaun could sort me out? I have no idea, do you?

Tangiers Cooling

Smoke that and it will remove any ghost.... except this one:

Respectfully though, air compressor is an option also... and just accept the fact that non washable hoses have a shelf life.

I got some non-washable hoses as well. Usually what I do after each sesh is take the hoses suck up clean water though the hose. Then I take them outside and spin them around so all the water is out. Worked for me and had no problems yet.

QUOTE (Stuie @ May 22 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tangiers Cooling

Smoke that and it will remove any ghost.... except this one:

Respectfully though, air compressor is an option also... and just accept the fact that non washable hoses have a shelf life.

Amazing picture stuie, love it!

Op, I have a KM non-washable and every session when I am done, I disconnect it and give it a good blow to get all the smoke out of it before putting it up. It's not a cure all, but helps.

I'd blow out the smoke after every session. And like Stuie said, and air compressor works great to get rid of flavors. Also, smoking straight mint can help to tongue.gif

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ May 22 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got some non-washable hoses as well. Usually what I do after each sesh is take the hoses suck up clean water though the hose. Then I take them outside and spin them around so all the water is out. Worked for me and had no problems yet.

So what you do with your NON-WASHABLE hoses is.......Wash them? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ May 22 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still going to cause them to rust on the inside. You are only getting most of the water out, not all of it. The metal has already been exposed to water, so it will eventually start to rust. Just prolonging the inevitable.

To answer the OP's question, the best way is just to blow through the hose after taking it out of the hookah after each session. Otherwise, just buy a washable hose (or make one). Edited by Matt-641

QUOTE (Matt-641 @ May 22 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cotsi95 @ May 22 2009, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still going to cause them to rust on the inside. You are only getting most of the water out, not all of it. The metal has already been exposed to water, so it will eventually start to rust. Just prolonging the inevitable.

To answer the OP's question, the best way is just to blow through the hose after taking it out of the hookah after each session. Otherwise, just buy a washable hose (or make one).

We have a winner, please, come on down!