Tangiers, What Makes It So Good

The board is blown up with the zealots and worshipers alike, everyone has pics smoking it, and its the number one buzz word on the forum...

TANGIERS

Im so curious about it. I love layalina. But im dying to try this. Even though ive read it take more patience, acclimation, and also skill in packing.

I want to hear why its so loved here. Specifics though.

I dont like sweet so i was thinkin of gettin Horchata, Nectarine and Brambleberry. Though i thougt the bramble might be too sweet.

Please advise and be specific. Cuz i know you all are quite uh **cough cough** discerning when it comes to products..
mocking.gif

-i have a feeling i might get addicted to this board Edited by beachkidcb

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tangiers is long lasting (smoke and flavor) and the cut is bigger. When I say long lasting, I mean you can smoke the stuff for hours, stop, and smoke the same bowl the next day. I really like how it's not dyed too. Some of their flavors are unlike any other that are on the market IMO. The horchata is my new favorite by the way.

QUOTE (Capt. Morgan @ May 13 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and a buzz like no other. edit: compared to starbuzz and fantasia

Had to =)

I've gotten buzz from tangiers a few times... but nothing more than nakhla buzz, and certainly less than desi murli.

Tangiers is good stuff, mainly what sets it aside from some other shishas for me is the mouthfeel... second only to nakhla for that. Tangiers also has some good unique flavors that are great to have around in case you get sick of the 'standard' type flavors.

So many reasons. Haha

For me, it's longevity and flavor. The smoke lasts for hours, you can get about 8 hours out of a medium phunnel and 12 to 15 out of a large--you can't beat that. The flavor is always spot on. Brambleberry is not that sweet and is one of my favorite flavors, pick it up.

It will take some time to get right but once it does, you'll keep it stocked all the time. Hehe

Oh man... where to even start.

how bout the word MASS.

MASS flavor
MASS clouds
MASS time one bowl can be smoked... over and over and over again.
MASS flavors to choose from
MASS BUZZ- ( from OG at least, have not tried the F-line yet. wink.gif )
MASS GENIOUS FROM ITS CREATOR !

Plus... I LOVE that it comes in 3 diff types ! OG, Lucid, and F-line!

Keep em commin !

that leaves me with a sub question:

what are the primary differences between the 3 styles of tangiers.

Lol im becomin an info whore here.

Hookah.gif

Tangiers Noir, or as some others say, "OG." - unwashed (buzz)
Tangiers Lucid, - washed (buzz free or buzz light)
Tangiers F-Line - caffeinated (nicotine and caffeine buzz in one).

QUOTE (beachkidcb @ May 13 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that leaves me with a sub question:

what are the primary differences between the 3 styles of tangiers.

Lol im becomin an info whore here.

Hookah.gif

OG (original gangsta) is unwashed tobacco with a much higher nicotine content, and sensitivity to humidity.

Lucid is washed tobacco -- similar in flavor, but not nearly as "powerful".

F-Line is OG with caffeine added. It will eff you up.

I've always liked Tangiers but it was generally just part of my staples I kept around with other brands and I smoked it no more and no less. But lately, I don't know what the hell he's doing, but nothing else seems as good anymore. I find myself reaching for the Tangiers ahead of any other brand and when I do smoke another brand, it's just not as satisfying so there I go packing another bowl this time of Tangiers. Sure there's a learning curve for most people, but when you get it right, amazing is an understatement.

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ May 13 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always liked Tangiers but it was generally just part of my staples I kept around with other brands and I smoked it no more and no less. But lately, I don't know what the hell he's doing, but nothing else seems as good anymore. I find myself reaching for the Tangiers ahead of any other brand and when I do smoke another brand, it's just not as satisfying so there I go packing another bowl this time of Tangiers. Sure there's a learning curve for most people, but when you get it right, amazing is an understatement.

'Rani

Wow, same with me word for word! In fact I will take it astep further, and say I find myself reaching for OG more than I should...............I am freakin hooked bad.

In my opinion, the reason why Tangiers is so good:

Hand made with quality ingredients in the good ol' USA. With each batch being handmade, there is a certain level of quality and specialness that cannot be matched.

QUOTE (shesha1 @ May 13 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ May 13 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Rani

Wow, same with me word for word! In fact I will take it astep further, and say I find myself reaching for OG more than I should...............I am freakin hooked bad.

You know...... It could also be the voodoo doctor he keeps in the back room to put a curse on every batch so we want more, and more, and more.

'Rani

When I do something, I don't half-ass it.

You're assuming, Mushrat, they can make something like Tangiers without charging $80/Kg for it like the rest of the molasses tobacco market is.

the flavor is great and the clouds are ridiculous.

i'd rather support Eric's business than any other, just because he stands behind his product 100% and he's very proud of it. not to mention, I'm a San Diego local and I take pride in purchasing stuff made in my hometown. smile.gif

One of the big things about Tangiers that I like, is that what the flavors are always spot on. You get juicy peach, it tastes like it. You get kiwi, and it tastes like. Hell, the schnozberries even taste like schnozberries! Needless to say, consistency. Every time I go for tangiers, I can count on it. I can't say the same for other brands, especially AF, which is more miss than hit. Nakhla is up there for me to, as they're a great consistent brand as well, that smokes great and has a good flavor. These 2 are my staples, with Nakhla serving up the more traditional flavors for me, and Tangiers the more exotic.

And what amazes me, is the 2 best brands out there are NOT the most expensive. You'll get bent over for stuff like fantasia, and starbuzz, and they're not worth their price in the least.

QUOTE (Barnaby @ May 14 2009, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what amazes me, is the 2 best brands out there are NOT the most expensive. You'll get bent over for stuff like fantasia, and starbuzz, and they're not worth their price in the least.

NOT surprising at all. Ive been a bartender forever and themost popular vodkas are shit normally. Its all marketing. Like heineken, its the skunkiest crap ever and ppl think its high class cuz its imported..

'" im not hatin', im just acclimatin' " Hookah.gif

QUOTE (Sonthert @ May 14 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I do something, I don't half-ass it.

You're assuming, Mushrat, they can make something like Tangiers without charging $80/Kg for it like the rest of the molasses tobacco market is.

nakhla is $20-$25 a kilo, who else makes a molasses tobacco? don't get me wrong here, i'm not trying to "call you out or anything, believe me, i've ordered your product a few times and i can certainly see a difference in the quality of the tobacco and the ammount of molasses, but who's charging $80?
QUOTE (beachkidcb @ May 14 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like heineken, its the skunkiest crap ever and ppl think its high class cuz its imported..

i like heineken, its good. heineken and guinness are my staples, and i have 347 different bottlecaps.
satan red being my all time favorite.