Lost My Purge Valve Ball Bearing

Hey guys,

I was washing my generic pipe when the purge valve came unscrewed and the ball bearing went down the sink. What would you guys suggest as a replacement? I'm using a piece of sticky tack right now and I feel gangster-as-fuck.

Maybe this is a sign for a nice new Mya.... smile.gif

That or make ur own ball out of aluminum foil and put the purge cover back on...did that to a hookah belonging to a friend of mine when I lost his ball bearing and it works just as well

QUOTE (srawas89 @ May 3 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That or make ur own ball out of aluminum foil and put the purge cover back on...did that to a hookah belonging to a friend of mine when I lost his ball bearing and it works just as well

Don't do this, it won't seal properly. I went as far as shoving a pointed piece of foil down the hold with a ball on the end, then covering the valve with more foil like you do your bowl and squeeze in into the threads, still did NOT seal. Like suggested before get some airsoft bb's, there are 2-3 threads on this. Be sure to check the seal of this before using it though...some bb's have a little plastic line in the middle where the 2 halves were fused together and it will keep it from sealing properly.

One more method I have used and am currently using is earring balls. I have my tongue and cartilage pierced. I think like 10 or 12 gauge maybe? But I have a bag of little balls that screw on the posts and I have used those before, work quite well, just have to make sure the little hold with the threads(on the ball) is facing up or down and not to the side.