$55 Bottled Water

Charley

I don't think it's visceral lol, just passionate, I'm not attacking you bro, just voicing my opinion, it's nothing persoanl, I'm sure I make as much unnecasarry waste as everyone else.

I'm a ninja not an ecowarrior

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Apr 30 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not attacking you bro, just voicing my opinion, it's nothing persoanl

No worries, never felt that you were:

I'dmake these staements, though, in the interest of sharing our points of view:

1) Does drinking bottles of water made in Fiji harm the drinking water supply there in any way? I can't find any indication that it does. Moreover, I imagine it's a net positive to their economy, and enhances their profile as a tourist destination, which is their primary source of income. I think Fiji water is bland and ridiculously overpriced for what it is, but I have no qualms with it.

2) I've heard the tap water statistic, and I can say this. If I lived in rural Iowa, I would happily pay for bottled Colorado tap water. Iowa's water tastes terrible, and Colorado's is delicious. Luckily, I live in CO already, so free!

3) San Pellegrino is the way it is because of volume. As I understand it, it was originally a bottled-at-source spring, and the current operation was embarked upon to maintain a consistent taste while shipping more bottles than the original spring could produce.

4) Plastic water bottles are recyclable. That we don't recycle them is hardly the fault of Dasani.

5) Clean drinking water is one of the basic necessities most lacking in developing nations. Simple access to safe drinking water can do more to halt the spread of disease per dollar than any currently available medical treatment. Incredible advancements in well technology have made it more possible and affordable to provide clean drinking water than ever before. I encourage anyone interested in this issue to check out charitywater.org. So much more can be done by actively giving to the solution than passively attempting not to contribute to the cause. Edited by Sherwood

drinking tap water is disgusting. the chemicals they use to treat the water are absorbed by your body...there have been studies that the water has tons of drugs used by people, hormones, and other filth...you can drink that all you want. you have to be a total sheep to believe thats not harming you. listening to the fda ftl...

There are very few bottled waters I will ever touch. Smart water being one, anything distilled I'll drink and maybe some double RO highly alkalized water.

Water is essential for your existence, why would you drink contaminated crap lol...never could understand people.

$55 dollars is nothing! Haha. This shit is $230 dollars a bottle for the queen and king versions (The bottles in the pic). And the regular version of the water goes for $100 a bottle! (Im not sure what the difference is between the versions?)

Grew up in the country drinking well water. Really don't like city water especially in the nearest towns to where I live it is absolutely disgusting even by people who live in towns standards. So when I'm not home I drink bottled water. Just get the 3.00 a case stuff.

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Apr 29 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i actually have a bottle of that stuff, got it from a friend who lives in the states. had no idea that that stupid water bottle costs $55.

Whoa... did you drink it?!?!?

Also... My fave is Fujii

The tap water up in Flagstaff is great, thats all I drink, well as far as water goes... And for $55 that water better be divine and give me an HJ.

I used to buy a lot of Fiji water and still buy a bottle occasionally if I'm on the road going somewhere.

However, PUR filters for the win! It saves so much money...especially for a college student.

You might as well sell a bottle of piss and call it Bling Lemonade because YES bottled water companies are not the cleanest and do use tap. I do live in an area that was rated for the best tap water in 2003.

My refrigerator comes with a filter and the water tastes fine no chlorine taste or anything. You should see what the water looks like in Jamica Queens NY. It comes out Cloudy and shit and you have to let the water settle before it gets clear.. Absolutly digusting.... So yeah some people in certain areas need to either have a refrigerator with a filter or get bottled water which unfortunately sucks but at least you know its better then your tap.

QUOTE (Vladimir @ Apr 30 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about drinking more bottled water after I found out most scientists seem to think fluoridation of the water is baaaad. But I was raised on well water without fluoride anyway so I figure a few years worth won't hurt biggrin.gif.

That may or may not be true. Fluoride is naturally occurring in some aquifers. The well water I used to drink back home I think has more naturally occurring fluoride in it than some treated city waters.

tap water is good enough for me having traveled to countries in mexico and south america where thay have no running water and drink from nasty rivers