Modding A Regular Bowl

alibaba

I don't know if this has been discussed before. But do you guys think that inserting some small 1/4" rubber tubes into the holes of the bowl would stop the juices from going down the stem (much like a phunnel bowl)?

I'm gonna try and find some high temp tubes that would fit inside the holes and see how this mod works biggrin.gif but I would like to have your input. Edited by alibaba

QUOTE (alibaba @ Apr 27 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how would you do that? just shape the foil so that it resembles a funnel while covering the holes?

I agree this is easier but wouldn't it impair some of the heat transfer?

....and rubber wont? rubber is going to melt.

never mind that its going to be impossible to pull, because you constricted the airflow even more.

search phaking the phunnel and it should come up, either in the how-to section or in discussion.

essentially you just mold some foil until its shaped like a phunnel and then press it into your bowl for a tight seal. make sure the holes in your bowl can still breath though.

Thanks a lot K1024!

I'll try the phake phunnel mod and see how it works. And when i get my hands on some decent heat resistant rubber tubes with thin walls i'll probably try my mod as well, I'm really curious if it works . Hookah.gif Edited by alibaba

good luck!

oh and I think youve noticed, but every time theres an f sound and the word phunnel in a sentence its important to spell the f sound with a ph.

lol Edited by K1024

• 1 year later...