So I Hear Someone Bought Hd....

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Apr 23 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we're.....ok with someone threatening to shoot people because they are complex tapestries? I dunno about that. That's a pretty damn big personality quirk.

I didn't say that, now. Just don't be too quick to judge other people...or not. Whatever you want...I dislike quite a few people, but I think I understand them.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Apr 23 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Voski @ Apr 23 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cotsi, Neal was actually the first to introduce the glass tips to the market.

False, Meduse was but neal is the first one to market them to the masses...they do look like shit though.

and neals the one that designed the Grand hose to 

QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Apr 23 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get that piece of info?

Hard to believe since multiple retailers have it and Caravan Trading Company had it before Neal.

Can you explain why he felt the need to put a sticker that says Caravan in English and Arabic near the end of the hose?

QUOTE (Stuie @ Apr 23 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Apr 23 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you get that piece of info?

Hard to believe since multiple retailers have it and Caravan Trading Company had it before Neal.

Can you explain why he felt the need to put a sticker that says Caravan in English and Arabic near the end of the hose?

Stuie's right, the Grand Hose is a product of the Caravan trading group. I know your a fan of Neal Dreamer, but you can't believe everything he says.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Apr 23 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Apr 23 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we're.....ok with someone threatening to shoot people because they are complex tapestries? I dunno about that. That's a pretty damn big personality quirk.

I didn't say that, now. Just don't be too quick to judge other people...or not. Whatever you want...I dislike quite a few people, but I think I understand them.

I understand and I try to be very slow to judge but repetatively threatening people is not acceptable behavior, regardless of my understanding of what is behind such actions. I get what you're saying. I've held out for a long while before making any solid conclusions about Neal in my mind, even defending him on the forum after exchanging emails and seeing his side of things a bit, but I feel I've seen enough to at least know it's not someone I want to deal with at all anymore. I get where he's coming from I just really don't like how he handles himself as a business person or a person in general. Can't say anything bad about the one large (about 200 dollar) transaction I had with him though that actually went very well to give a little credit.

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Apr 23 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

False, Meduse was but neal is the first one to market them to the masses...they do look like shit though.

I thought you were talking about the mouth tip he had in his video.

I don't know, HM, that last one had your toes over the free throw line. If another mod or Mushy thinks its OK, they have my permission to unhide it. I'm still laughing, though.

Hold on, I'm still laughing.

Good one.

GNR, I completely understand any misgivings you or other people might have about doing business with Neil. With other people's views and experiences, I totally see what you're saying and I agree.

Lets move the rest of this line of thought to the Serious Discussion Forum.:Questions About How we Deal With Violence

I would not even allow one of those glass tips he sells into my house they look like nht pipes.

also if he is threatening to shoot ppl take that shit seriously. ppl are crazy in this day and age (not like they were any better in any other age tho) report that and get a restraining order on his ass. (words of advice I should listen too myself lol the last guy who threatened to shoot me wound up getting a restraining order against me. apparently in the state of Indiana its considered a threat to snap a rake handle in half and walk twords someone with it.)

QUOTE (Dreamer_1969 @ Apr 23 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Apr 23 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya and i designed the pyramids...

seriously neal didnt design shit...

edit: he also recently said he designed the hammer tongs on hc and was getting them "made" in SS oh wait HC already has them...HMMMMM

Just wanted to add a last thought from my perspective.

I was thinking about it and it was dumb for me to egg you guys on because Neal's racism irked me. I usually pride myself on taking the higher road so forgive me for encouraging a pack mentality of anger, even if many of us think it's justifiable.

So personal feelings aside, I think the best thing to do from an objective standpoint would be to let the bully alone because there is no reason to bully an unresponsive and immovable object. Why don't we strive to be that object and keep our foundation of respect and maturity intact, which is what makes us the premier forum to begin with?

I move to close this thread soon since 10 pages seems like enough time to vent.

ive often commented on his being a racist, both here and when i posted occasionally on hd. One of the things, well, oneof the many things, that got him in trouble over there.

Eh, I think we'll leave it open. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. Plus atleast we're not busting on one of our own for a change.

Oh, speaking of which, we wont be seeing Hippo for a while.

fair enough, in that case let's at least not follow in hippo's shadow for those who saw the damn funny but immature comment he left before it was hidden, and keep it reasonable?

and I do welcome a change from the inner forum attacks although maybe not the ideal form of change lol.

Agreed...but hey, we're all human.

Plus his having the GALL to call me and want to talk is just so typical as to be just that much funnier.

I know you read this as a guest Neil. So I hope you are enjoying the Roast in your honour.

And please, stop calling my business and my home, I have nothing to say to you, really.

Oh, for the record, the Grand Hookah Hose, from informed sources, was basically a rip-off of the nammor hose. It was a joint project between Caravan, Neil and Hookah Company. Something got screwed up and the deal went south. In some degree, Neil had some design input, but in real terms, thank Sami Romman for his brilliant idea.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Apr 26 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, for the record, the Grand Hookah Hose, from informed sources, was basically a rip-off of the nammor hose. It was a joint project between Caravan, Neil and Hookah Company. Something got screwed up and the deal went south. In some degree, Neil had some design input, but in real terms, thank Sami Romman for his brilliant idea.

Am i the only hookah retailer that doesn't hang out with everyone else in the industry?? Does that have soemthing to do with being the only hookah bar in town? smile.gif

I've met Ali once from SS, only because he happened to be in town and came in. Real nice guy....