1. 1. for my volvo

• blue
    • red
    • black (boring imo unless spiced up)
    • white
    • yellow
    • green

Hey all
Need some help deciding on what to do for accent colors for calipers and engine bay/intake and maybe side mirrors. I like white, because it matches, but I want something more aggressive/custom overall because when put in the engine it just looks really bland. Also trying to keep it classy so yeah.
The car:
PS the car has been cleaned since

YES, A FRICKIN' VOLVO. I LOVE YOU.

To be quite honest, I think red is probably your best bet. It's a bit of a universal color on most cars. It looks sporty without clashing terribly like I think other colors might and seems to go well with aftermarket parts like bodykits (which I kinda sorta hope you don't plan on adding unless it's the factory one >_<), rims, etc.

I voted red but I've always been a fan of matte black or semi-gloss black matched to white or glossy black. It's a great muscle look but I don't think the volvo qualifies. wink.gif

Go with a high gloss red for the calipers and intake on the engine (the filter only, you can get these in red like a CAI filter or something--mine is blue), chrome accents are always great looking on headers, turbo's, intake pipes, etc. Chrome works really well with engine bays.

For the side mirrors, carbon fiber mirrors are great looking on BMW's and other Euros so I would look at that. Maybe just a simple glossy black would work. Stay away from a loud a flashy color on the mirrors. For this car I would try to hold a very simple, elegant look on the outside.

On a side note (probably more than you wanted haha) smoke those headlights! Hell, black them out, same with the taillights. It doesn't impact the light they give off at night and they look so badass during the day. I can't tell if your windows are tinted but if they aren't, drop on 15s all around--excluding the windshield.

Good luck! With a white car, you can make it look so sexy with just a few touches. smile.gif

Ehh. I'd leave it stock colored except for the windows, which need tint if they don't have it. Don't get anything lighter than 5%. Trust me, you won't regret it. Every time I get in my friend's car with 15% I'm so glad I got 5%. Even at night. Then lower it maybe and get a sound system and you're done. No need to paint shit on a volvo

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ May 27 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought I might update you all on what I did.
Went for silver, it got messed up cuz the paint reacted with the primer.
Got sick of it, went for red.

ok im gonna be the dick but that looks HORRIBLE!!!! paint it back ASAP! by red people meant red calipers which would look ok, but red mirrors....on a white car....WHY?! scratch_one-s_head.gif

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ May 28 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ May 27 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought I might update you all on what I did.
Went for silver, it got messed up cuz the paint reacted with the primer.
Got sick of it, went for red.

ok im gonna be the dick but that looks HORRIBLE!!!! paint it back ASAP! by red people meant red calipers which would look ok, but red mirrors....on a white car....WHY?! scratch_one-s_head.gif

Yeah that does look really bad im sorry.... keep the paint on the car the same Edited by newjacksm

White calipers will look horrible unless you clean them almost daily. I'd go with a metallic grey for calipers and possibly the engine....or an Antracite finish.

edit: also do something about that stock front grille.....chrome honeycomb or diamond mesh done properly will look fantastic on that car. Edited by mustang_steve

ok paint those side mirrors black, paint your calipers black because well they are stock and would look really ricer in red or any other color for that matter. want to spice up the ride try a pair of rims.

ok I can see the pic now that im at home and that look ghey as a mofo... PAINT IT BLACK! or leave it WHITE! get rid of that red NOW! that is horrible I hope that you dont think that looks good. and get that whip some new shoes.

and example of black accents...

with a touch of blue. I know its sex...

Edited by Tuscani