As Many Of You May Know About My Issues With Tang

aight, i'll hold onto it.

I would send it to eric but it is only like 60g because it was a sample.

Oh and i am almost positive it is not a bad batch, when has there ever been an actual "bad batch" of tang? Or any other brand for that matter? Other than some funky AF.

I think Eric said he has gotten like 20 packages from customers saying they were bad, and if i remember correctly ... only a handful were bad if any at all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Apr 30 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
today my trop punch smells like a mix of plastic and punch again.

I think imma just toss it, i hate to do it but ... i don't know what to think anymore.

In the future i may try gettin a 250g b/c this tropical punch was a sample so you never know what coulda happened.

This happened to me once. The shisha picked up the plastic from the cheap tupperware I was using. Make sure your using clean tupperware and a good brand tupperware.

Also no ziplock bags as they tend to saturate the flavor.

I just got my order in! _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif I opened one of the 2 tangiers grape flavors I got at 3:30 in Texas here just SW of DFW.

Weather: 80 degrees with 71% humidity. Smells amazing out of the bag, I packed a bowl and the flavor is awesome. I've been out of tangiers for like 2 weeks so I am REALLY enjoying this, I didn't have to wait any longer! No acclimation needed, I gave it a half hour and have literally just lit the bowl. YUMM! No problems with grape that I can tell. I also have passionfruit, spearmint, and 2 more I can't recall just now, none of those are opened yet though I'll report on those. If I'm reading this thread right we're trying to get some data built up? Hope this helps.

-Z

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Apr 30 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think imma just toss it, i hate to do it but ... i don't know what to think anymore.

In the future i may try gettin a 250g b/c this tropical punch was a sample so you never know what coulda happened.

This happened to me once. The shisha picked up the plastic from the cheap tupperware I was using. Make sure your using clean tupperware and a good brand tupperware.

Just as an aside, some really cheap tupperware has worked better then some expensive (ten bucks for a medium sized) tupperware, which I bought (price wise) for tangiers. The expensive stuff soaks up the juices, drying out the shisha.

This = half hour sessions for a few 250g, lols.

QUOTE (redjako @ May 1 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (newjacksm @ Apr 30 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just as an aside, some really cheap tupperware has worked better then some expensive (ten bucks for a medium sized) tupperware, which I bought (price wise) for tangiers. The expensive stuff soaks up the juices, drying out the shisha.

This = half hour sessions for a few 250g, lols.

I've noticed a lot of tupperwares soaking up my tangiers after a month... It really sucks...

However they dont mess with the taste in the time being. Edited by newjacksm

Polypropylene FTW! Look in the recycling symbol. Then number should be 5 and the letters on the bottom should be PP.
Polypropylene FTW! Look in the recycling symbol. Then number should be 5 and the letters on the bottom should be PP.

• 4 weeks later...
You were asking about humidity and whatnot (and I never remembered to check stuff way back when this thread was current), so here's some fresh, hopefully relevant info...

It's been rainy and super humid the last week and a half here (southern Missouri), and I got in the mail a few packs of Tangiers Noir.

The Kashmir Peach was fine in a day or two, but the other two (Static Starlight and Blackthorn) are still all BBQ soy sauce smellin', and they've been sitting open, stirred a couple times a day, for at least 4 solid days. When I wander into the kitchen (where they are) I can smell the grape in SS sometimes, and when I'm near the containers I can pick up bits of the flavor, but when I get up close and stir them up, it's just BBQ scent...

So it seems higher humidity is just killing the acclimation process, unless there's some other factors in play.....

Yeah, the blackthorn has a very stingy aroma. It may all be good to go. I'm linking the Soy Sauce smell to high humidity...the burnt smell must be low humidity...I'm listening...keep it coming...