Khalil Mamoon Kafae

Victim026

KM Challenge Review - KM Kafae 27"

This item is being reviewed for thehookah.com's KM Challenge. As a disclaimer, thehookah.com sold the pipe for half off in exchange for doing a detailed review. Even though I got this sexy deal, it has in no way, shape, or form, affected my review.

The reason thehookah.com did this is because Khalil Mamoon quality was being questioned. Because of this, I have decided to focus my review more on the craftsmenship/quality of the pipe, rather than just posting 10 pics of me billowing huge clouds. We all know KMs are some of the best smokes around, so the question is, "How well are they built?"

This is the pipe they sent me.
A couple things that bugged me that aren't related to the quality of the pipe:
Different hose than the one pictured (oh well, still KM)
The coal tray wasn't packed well, and was folded in a V when I took it out of the box. I sort of straightened it out.

You can sort of see the warping in the tray. No ones fault really, just sort of disappointed me.

Here you can see the weld on the hose port channel. It is obvious, but sturdy and clean for a hand made pipe.

The downstem is clean, with no corrosion inside or out (as far as I can see).

The camera flash picks up some of the flaws and scratches in this hand made pipe. You can also see some of the engraving near the end of the hose port.

Inside the hose port. You can see the rough brass on the inside. No corrosion.

This is the base for the coal tray. It looks beautiful in person.

No problems with the top port.

Last picture. This is the weld on the hose port. Very clean compared to my KM Ice, which looked a little bit nastier.

The first thing I noticed when I unpacked the pipe is that it is HEAVY. I have another brass hookah that is 4 or 5 inches taller than this one, and the KM is easily as heavy as it and much heavier than my tall KM Ice.

There are a few blemishes around the pipe. Nothing larger than a BB though. I think it just might need a good cleaning/polishing.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Kafae. If I had to assign it with a number rating, I'd give it an 8.5/10. What stops it from being higher are the few blemishes on it. I really like this pipe though. I highly recommend this pipe to anyone looking for a mid sized Egyptian. It feels much sturdier than the larger, hollow KMs.

As I smoke this pipe more, I'll update this review with anything I feel like adding.

***Added Pic of Hose Port Flaw**

• 3 years later...
Large KM Kafae
[b]Total Pipe Height: [/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]332 inches[/size][/font]
[b]Base Height:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] one foot[/size][/font]
[b]Tray Diameter:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] 7.5 inches[/size][/font]

[b]Stem Construction:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] awesome solid construction, heavier than other KM's ive owned[/size][/font]
[b]Heart:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Closed Chamber [/size][/font]
[b]Grommets:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Rubber [/size][/font]

[b]Pull:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Great[/size][/font]
[b]Purge:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] purges well, sometimes it sticks, but putting a plastic bb in there instead of the metal bearing fixed that problem[/size][/font]
[b]Appearance: [/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Awesome, a pipe i have wanted in my collection for a long time[/size][/font]
[b]Cleanability:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Easy to clean[/size][/font]
[b]Price:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] $ 90[/size][/font]

[b]Purchased From:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] the shop up the street[/size][/font]

[b]Overall: [/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]10/10 this is a pipe ive wanted for a long time, so when the local shop had some in stock i hopped on it. the shop near by always has great prices and the guy there likes to hook me up with deals. it smokes wonderfully. on a side note, ive seen this pipe labled as a large Kafae, a thoth, and monarch at different places, so if i put this in the wrong place mods feel free to move it [/size][/font] :lol: