Stovetop Grated Coal Pan

I am looking for I guess a metal basket with a handle so I can put the coals in this and then put them on the stove. My friend has one it is a box with a whole bunch of holes punched out and it has a handle.

http://coco-nara.com/new_items.html
edit: look at the bottom two images

i know that's what you're looking for; the developers of coco nara 'invented' it to make lighting cocos on gas stoves a quicker and more efficient process. my best bet would be to call Ra'ed at coco-nara in DC and see what he can do for you... Edited by antouwan

QUOTE (antouwan @ Apr 10 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know that's what you're looking for; the developers of coco nara 'invented' it to make lighting cocos on gas stoves a quicker and more efficient process. my best bet would be to call Ra'ed at coco-nara in DC and see what he can do for you...

It looks like that's a separate unit for lighting coals instead of a pan to place the coals on the stove... not sure though, I can't find anyone selling it.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Apr 10 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (antouwan @ Apr 10 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know that's what you're looking for; the developers of coco nara 'invented' it to make lighting cocos on gas stoves a quicker and more efficient process. my best bet would be to call Ra'ed at coco-nara in DC and see what he can do for you...

It looks like that's a separate unit for lighting coals instead of a pan to place the coals on the stove... not sure though, I can't find anyone selling it.

you put the coals in there and then sit it on top of the gas burner on your stove...

• 2 weeks later...
i have something LIKE what you put in the OP. maybe i can snag pictures later. it's like a coal holder with a handle, but there are a bunch of holes punched out of the bottom...that's how it was when i bought it...

I know what your talking about HS used to sell them and I had one it also had a metal base you set it on was square with lots of holes in the bottom made out of sheet metal and had edges that could slice into you hands real good.

Mattarios is right....use a computer fan grill, I did when I bought coconaras a while back and they work wonders on gas stoves, granted I dont really know where to get em I kinda just took one from my dad's office (he owns a computer store). Anyway either that or what charley posted should work.