Stung By Customs In The Uk!

Hey everyone,

So almost 2 weeks ago I placed an order with H-S for roughly 2.5 kilos of shisha, a small Mya hookah, some Coconaras and a couple of Nammors. I wasn't too surprised at the time its taken to arrive in the UK, I've placed an order with H-S before and everything went smoothly, despite it taking just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. Now as I'm tracking my package I see it has arrived in the hands of UK Customs "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING" as it displays on the tracking information. The total order cost me around $390, does anybody have the faintest idea on how much I may be charged in customs?

Thanks,
Mr.Shisha

it would probably benefit you to RTS the package and take whatever fees H-S will charge you. id contact H-S and JD on the details. JD lives in the Uk.

also some ways to get tobacco by on customs is to order small amounts at a time, you pay more in shipping over time but you save in the long run.

It doesn't necessarily mean that you're screwed. I always get a similar looking message on the tracking-site when it enters Norway. And so far I've yet to be taxed. Usually order about 4kg of shisha at a time too, which in theory should cost me roughly 1000$ in tobacco taxes. But as I said, so far it's never more than a couple of bucks in fees for "processing costs". Don't think they have a clue about what the boxes really contain, although most of them come with a health-warning.

Did you ask HS not to include words like "Tobacco" or "flavored tobacco" on the package slip? I always tell the vendor to avoid this, and to put a fictional value on the packages, and as I said, I've never been charged extra.

Thanks for the help guys, umm well I've yet to be told anymore information so like Ballthazar said, there is still hope for me haha. I've ordered from H-S before with no problems, so had no hesitation with placing an order a second time. I would have gone with other vendors like MNH or HJ but H-S had all the items i needed for this order biggrin.gif Hopefully all goes well, I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks,
Mr. Shisha

Yep...H-S failed on their "discreet" shipping for me. it doesn't matter what you right on the customs forum, if your address label says "Hookah and Shisha Central"

thumbdown.gif

dude, you're going to prison.

Yep...H-S failed on their "discreet" shipping for me. it doesn't matter what you right on the customs forum, if your address label says "Hookah and Shisha Central"

LOL both of those made me laugh! haha thanks guys, still no update perhaps some new news tomorrow.

Hmm. I recently ordered 1kg of tobacco and 2 boxes of coal from H-S and it was labeled as a gift and I'm 99% sure a personal address was used. The package was marked as a gift.

Hope you don't have to end up paying any tax though, let us know what happens.

QUOTE (arcane @ Apr 8 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thumbdown.gif

yup, h-s failed for me too.

QUOTE (arcane @ Apr 8 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thumbdown.gif

Really? Every package I have got from them...even the one yesterday says Romman for the name and then their address.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Apr 9 2009, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (arcane @ Apr 8 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thumbdown.gif

Really? Every package I have got from them...even the one yesterday says Romman for the name and then their address.

same for me. The label never says hookah and shisha central

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Apr 9 2009, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't use HS for international. It ain't worth it with so many other good vendord willing to help the international community.

JD

I don't think so. H-S is one of the best vendor for international buyer IMO. I never get problem when i purchase shisha from them. My case, they alway write to the label as Fruit molasses.

QUOTE (mr.shisha @ Apr 8 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone,

So almost 2 weeks ago I placed an order with H-S for roughly 2.5 kilos of shisha, a small Mya hookah, some Coconaras and a couple of Nammors. I wasn't too surprised at the time its taken to arrive in the UK, I've placed an order with H-S before and everything went smoothly, despite it taking just shy of 2 weeks to arrive. Now as I'm tracking my package I see it has arrived in the hands of UK Customs "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING" as it displays on the tracking information. The total order cost me around $390, does anybody have the faintest idea on how much I may be charged in customs?

Thanks,
Mr.Shisha

Call Doug at H-S - is that an option??? He goes above and beyond. Someone there will be able to help you out

QUOTE (bobo_piggy @ Apr 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think so. H-S is one of the best vendor for international buyer IMO. I never get problem when i purchase shisha from them. My case, they alway write to the label as Fruit molasses.

I've asked them specifically to do this in the past, and they said they wouldn't... so I just ordered the non-tobacco stuff I wanted from them. On that I also requested that they reduce the value and mark it as a gift if they could, and they didn't, so I got hit with customs. It was a small amount though, just GST and a brokerage fee.

I've ordered from many vendors online personally, and I've read many posts about international orders on these forums, and I'd say H-S is without a doubt the worst choice for international buyers among the popular vendors. I know about 5 or 6 people off the forums that have ordered from H-S and every one of them has gotten hit with customs on their order.

QUOTE (phatlucyhookah @ Apr 10 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mr.shisha @ Apr 8 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Mr.Shisha

Call Doug at H-S - is that an option??? He goes above and beyond. Someone there will be able to help you out

i worked with Seamus Somers to get all my broken pieces fixed...and he assured me he'd get things right with shipping this time around. He's a good guy to have handle your complaints.

QUOTE (jfaltous @ Apr 10 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bobo_piggy @ Apr 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've asked them specifically to do this in the past, and they said they wouldn't... so I just ordered the non-tobacco stuff I wanted from them. On that I also requested that they reduce the value and mark it as a gift if they could, and they didn't, so I got hit with customs. It was a small amount though, just GST and a brokerage fee.

I've ordered from many vendors online personally, and I've read many posts about international orders on these forums, and I'd say H-S is without a doubt the worst choice for international buyers among the popular vendors. I know about 5 or 6 people off the forums that have ordered from H-S and every one of them has gotten hit with customs on their order.

I wonder why they wouldn't.