Would it be possible...

txbrit31

Would it be possible to get a thread going of only reviews- that is take all the reviews minus comments from everyone and make it into one group by itself.  I am quite familiar on how to use the search feature  but I think it would be rather nifty if we had one group of pure reviews. This isn't to say that new reviews shouldn't be posted in the main section so we can go of on our own tangents on fruit, or coals, or one legged monkeys in red velvet suits*.  Just a thought.

*- coming to a post near you!

I would actually like to see the reviews completely seperate from the forum, with a more organized system making it easy to categorize by brand/flavor, and rated with 1-5 stars (average rating) with it linking to a page where individual user's rating and comments would be displayed.  Same time of reviews many online stores seem to use.

I kind of like the 1-10 scale, actually, it allows people to, using 1/2 increments, have 20 available rating levels. Although Tyler does have a good point, I always find that most peoples ratings bottom out around 6...so why have a ten point scale? Having a 1-5 star scale would perhaps make reviewers be a little harder on the stuff they review.

I wasn't going to ask for a specified rating system, as I think (IMHO) it is cool for everyone to write their own style.. Plus it would be a pain in the ass for alot of people to go back and re-do their reviews to fit a new format.  I was just hoping for an area to have all the reviews in one spot.  But- still allow new reviews perhaps to be posted in the new spot but also in the main forum- as in the main forum it allows for tangents and such.

It'd be really cool for it to be like sputnik musics reviews.

[url="http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review_5872"]http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review_5872[/url]

You can do a 5 star rating and explain, and others can comment. Just an idea