not being able to stay logged in...

Cicada

I think its to prevent search crawlers from hacking or some such thing. I've noticed that as long as you confine yourself to certain actions, you can stay logged in, its just a matter of trial and error.

[quote name='Tangiers']I think its to prevent search crawlers from hacking or some such thing. I've noticed that as long as you confine yourself to certain actions, you can stay logged in, its just a matter of trial and error.[/quote]yeah that's what the security image is for...i just dont understand why the cookie timeout is set ridiculously low. i find i have to login multiple times just to be logged out again 5 minutes after.

mine stays on for pretty long actually.i close the window and when i go back to hookah forum even after logging off ill be logged on! - cool :D nothing we can do im afriad every forums has got problems...this has thousands!

I dunno this seems like a pretty big problem that should be fixed as soon as possible. This forum allthough it doesnt look like it by the amount of posting gets alot of new users a week. I'm thinking the reason why we get so few posting is because of having to actualy log in each and every time we wanna make a post. I know for me I personally wanted to comment on something but logging back in and putting in the security numbers (do we even need this security feature? I mean really its more annoying then anything) is more trouble then its worth.

• 1 month later...
This happens to me repeatedly.  If I go to look at anyone's profile, too, including my own, I'm informed that I need to login, and when I do login, and try immediately thereafter even to edit my profile, I am given the same message.  Also, when it gives me the security code to type in, it doesn't work the first time, and tells me that I've typed the code incorrectly even though it is correct.  In other words, it works only after the second time.  Would be really nice to have these problems remedied

Wooo! So it's not only me. heh. I've noticed that I will eventually log off when going going back a page... but sometimes I can even close the browser.. then came back to the forum and still be logged in... so with me it's very inconsistent... or so it seems. Who knows

• 4 weeks later...
I've had a similar experience to Tangiers.  As long as I just go to the URL:  www.hookahforum.com and browse and post, I stay logged in.  It always kicks me when I try to use the email notifications to post.