My Homemade Hookah

0ctane

Well, since I'm stupidly poor and want a hookah of my own to rip with I decided to try and make one. So here are the pics that explain almost all of it for me.....

The brass pipe is for fitting only, a new pipe will be sourced for the stem. The hosing used is huge and seemingly(without smoke) when attached it pulls easier than the hookah at the local bar. However I do realise water will change that, but flow wise, it seems to be bigger and better.

This will be updated over the next few days to keep up with progress. I need to find a grommet to sit atop the stem to fit the bowl to, and i still need to make sure its all water tight.

QUOTE (SuburbanSmoker @ Mar 19 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you going to make a purge valve?

besides that, looks pretty crafty. well done sir.

nah, purge valve can be installed later if i deem it fully necessary.

QUOTE (Cerritus @ Mar 20 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just have to ask, where's the downstem?

I have yet to finish that part, I have a cool idea for a removable ice chamber, but we will see.

i figure that the epoxy will never get hotter than room temp. so i dont think thats a risk.....

more updates, I rigged a stem for now, and got the hose and whatnot all hooked up. it sounds and rips pretty well. The stem should be replaced with aluminum soon, the copper was the jsut get the basics down

VIDEO IS HERE-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuLk0yEsR28

• 1 year later...
Holy thread resurrection!!!

Sometimes Year old threads may have missing pictures or vids due to account size limits...JFTR.