Shisha, Herbs, And Tea In Your Hookah.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joytron @ Jul 22 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 22 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (joytron @ Jul 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually completely agree. I think that the mention of all psychoactive substances outside of nicotine (regardless of legality) should not be discussed if we are to move away from stereotypes surrounding the hookah smoking community. While there is an obvious connection between hookah and NHT, the use of any mind altering substance (even if legal) only will solidify that connection.

if you dont think that nicotine is a mind-altering drug then you are terribly wrong. when people get that buzz, they are not in a sober state which means it is mind-altering. everything mentioned in this thread is legal and is still practiced in various cultures (just like we practice drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco).

Actually I did mention that nicotine was psychoactive, I just believe aside from it we should not mention other substances in that category as it brings unwanted attention. Plenty of cultures use entheogens legally in their community and yield positive results from the experiences, but those substances should not be discussed here. I believe the only way that hookah will not be synonymous with NHT is if we cut all ties with other mind altering substances that are looked at negatively in our culture. I think if we ban the discussion of NHT it should encompass substances legal and illegal alike.

These legal "buzzes" should not be frowned upon, yet I don't think they belong in the general hookah culture(for different reasons). The culture of most of these herbs is absolutely beautiful and has sort of an art to it in itself. Ya, if it was brought to the hookah world, I would use these shishas, but my friends would probably not be joining me(I wouldn't invite them). It would be for the journey, for the eye-opening, enlightening experience. I don't think its for everyone nor should it be made available to everyone, I feel its right place is with its culture. Those daring enough to dig it up(find it and research it, then experiment), like myself and others here, good for them.
But I do not feel these herbs belong in the soex ruled world.

anywho... Kratom was used to break addictions in China during the NHT wars. As far as I have studied, non-addictive. Very relaxing buzz, I used to add it my cigarettes back in the day.

Damiana is an aphrodisiac that also produces a light euphoria

Mugwart promotes prophetic dreaming and also gives a slight mind altering buzz when smoked...but more relaxing than anything. Be careful with this, can cause miscarriages.

does anyone know of legal herbs you can add to shisha that have caffeine effect or greater?

Planning in case F-Line really does disappear.

• 2 months later...
With the lovely Cardomon flavors, I've always wanted like a flavor or basil, thme or a heavy "herb / spice" tasting tobacco.

Anyone tried mixing Actual flavoring herbs to good effect? (I can't imagine that would work well, like trying to make strawberry tobacco by roasting strawberrys)

Also, if this is adiscussion, they are legal, but are these at herbal supplement stores, what?

A Caveat CALL OUT TO MUSHIE. Detail us some more on your experience / advicement wouldja, especially with concerns on utilizing a hookah.

Maybe roman tobacco finally found a calling as being cheap (mostly) crap to be used as legal herbal mixers.

• 4 months later...
I am very new to this whole smoking shisha thing (smoking anything for that matter). I am starting to get into trying to mix different varieties of shisha and even tried non tobacco and tea leaf based flavors.

Generally speaking I have found that the Tea leaf based stuff has much more flavor then tobacco does but it lacks the "buzz" most hookah smokers generally begin to search for. So what i started doing is mixing the tea leaf base with regular shisha. This yields a smooth flavorful smoke for me and keeps a relative buzz that most people are after.

I have only tried this hybrid mix a handful of times but it has gotten me thinking about what else i could try. I mean there is the mixing of molasses base and honey based shisha, the sugar cane based stuff, tea leaf based stuff. Those are options purely designed for smoking hookah in the first place.

My ever turning contraption above the neck didn't stop there though. my gf drinks loose tea which is very flavorful so i began to wonder what if that was added to the mix, what of adding juices to further flavor existing shisha you have. Please keep in mind I am not suggesting any illegal substances and wouldn't be interested even if i could suggest it. I am just looking for idea to enhance my legal hookah experience.

What have you guys tried mixing that worked and didn't work?

Has anybody ever added ground clove to their hookah? I was just smoking a clove cig, and the thought came to me.

• 2 years later...
Hi! Allow me to necro this to add a little something to the conversation. Regarding Kratom, I use this stuff quite a bit. Smoking it won't really do anything for you, so putting it in a hookah is rather pointless. It's meant to be ingested, mix the powder in with some pulpy orange juice and chug it, or buy it precapsulated. A light dose has a little more of a focus / energetic feeling, higher doses result in a more sedative nature. Either way expect minor degrees of pain relief, stress relief, anxiety relief, euphoria, and over all well being. Plus for guys it's an awesome sexual stamina enhancement. Having smoked it (and even mixed it with hookah tobacco) you won't feel any of the aforementioned characteristics.

That's all!

/necro