Shisha, Herbs, And Tea In Your Hookah.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 20 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Fluffy @ Mar 20 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eww smoking kratom, by the way kratom fucks you up and is very addictive. it is used in treatment programs for opiate addiction

passionflower is a maoi, stay awy

do you mean yerba santa or yerba lenna?

Cannabaceae are hops, and they suck but i get em for $5 an ounce.

I dont know much about kratom, just that its smoke-able and legal (for now). Is what you are saying true? Can you flavor kratom?

About passion flower, I have to disagree with you. Only in significatly high dossages (i.e. like a LOT) will you get a tiny psychoactive reaction, and nowhere close to even hallucinating, just a happy feeling. It isn't a problem at all to smoke a normal amount. I read up about this on other forums. I may be wrong though, but I am growing passionflower and I'll be able to see for myself.

Doesn't it depend on how you flavor and prepare the hops? Then it could be better?

i smoke alot of kanna (a ssri) no passionflower for me

QUOTE (K1024 @ Mar 20 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think kratom would be very easy to flavor, though ive only smoked the extract (20x i think?)...it had a very good taste, and a nice buzz. i dont smoke it often though because its expensive sad.gif

Ew you tkink it tastes good, well you obviously never drank it lol

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 20 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Mar 19 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 15 2009, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indian Warrior (plant)

good think you specified so i didnt have to dig up that indian grave yard behind my house

Damn this made me laugh in calculus class everyone was like wtf is so funny =/

you should have told them that e^x said he needs to integrate himself into the party better but its no use because it will just be the same

DAMN! double admin post!!! BURRRNN!!!

I just had to contribute something to this thread that didnt help the conversation at all....

has anyone obtained any of these? also, a nice picture post with the different herbs in a smokeable form would be cool.

• 4 months later...
I smoked grape leaves once...or attempted it...but that was long before I ever heard of a hookah. :-p

yes, yes...grape leaves...and they did have a grape taste...was concord grape-grape leaves....yummm......would've worked better if they were dried, but I didn't know wtf I was doing. happy.gif

kratom sounds like a terrible idea
as it has similar properties to an NHT i dont care to be banned for naming

but otherwise most of those our found in herbal mixes and pou pourri such as p.e.p. spice which as it stands is and ONLY is a pou pourri
so i doubt it would be detrimental but its a very touchy subject as mush said.

QUOTE (fezmeister @ Jul 22 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kratom sounds like a terrible idea
as it has similar properties to an NHT i dont care to be banned for naming

I actually completely agree. I think that the mention of all psychoactive substances outside of nicotine (regardless of legality) should not be discussed if we are to move away from stereotypes surrounding the hookah smoking community. While there is an obvious connection between hookah and NHT, the use of any mind altering substance (even if legal) only will solidify that connection.

QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 15 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got several PMs about the herb called "cannabaceae".
Unfortunately I did not know what this was. I heard of it in a different forum, it was a beer forum and they were talking about hops, the flavorful ingredient used in beer worldwide.

hops is actually in the same family as you-know-what. i watched a documentary about beer on tv and thats what they said.

QUOTE (joytron @ Jul 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually completely agree. I think that the mention of all psychoactive substances outside of nicotine (regardless of legality) should not be discussed if we are to move away from stereotypes surrounding the hookah smoking community. While there is an obvious connection between hookah and NHT, the use of any mind altering substance (even if legal) only will solidify that connection.

if you dont think that nicotine is a mind-altering drug then you are terribly wrong. when people get that buzz, they are not in a sober state which means it is mind-altering. everything mentioned in this thread is legal and is still practiced in various cultures (just like we practice drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco).

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 22 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you dont think that nicotine is a mind-altering drug then you are terribly wrong. when people get that buzz, they are not in a sober state which means it is mind-altering. everything mentioned in this thread is legal and is still practiced in various cultures (just like we practice drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco).

Think you mean worship. LOL

QUOTE (Vampy6997 @ Jul 22 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 22 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think you mean worship. LOL

haha thanks for the correction. happy.gif

Before I got into smoking the hookah I tried to smoke some of the aforementioned herbs. Most of them produced harsh and horrid smoke. I came to the conclusion that herbs belong in tea. Blue lotus makes an outstanding tea that is very relaxing, and is great with a good book.

I'd like to see a hop-infused tobacco.If there starting to make caffinated tobacco than a washed and hop'd tobacco would be nice and relaxing.You would have to use a form of the lupulin(i think its called)Anyway thats the important ingrediant in the hops its suppossed to be a mild sedative.Its available in I think a powder form and available at brewer websites.Its what gives you that beer buzz in beer thats differint than just booze.I've smoked hops and have tried hops tea and it does have relaxing qualities.Would be an awsome pre-bedtime chill smoke(supposed to help you sleep)Be great with floral flavors.

can't say much for all the other stuff there.But hops is tottaly legal and effective natural relaxiant and is a way better choice in my opinion to be infused with tobacco than caffine

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 22 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I did mention that nicotine was psychoactive, I just believe aside from it we should not mention other substances in that category as it brings unwanted attention. Plenty of cultures use entheogens legally in their community and yield positive results from the experiences, but those substances should not be discussed here. I believe the only way that hookah will not be synonymous with NHT is if we cut all ties with other mind altering substances that are looked at negatively in our culture. I think if we ban the discussion of NHT it should encompass substances legal and illegal alike.

QUOTE (Svaals @ Jul 22 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before I got into smoking the hookah I tried to smoke some of the aforementioned herbs. Most of them produced harsh and horrid smoke. I came to the conclusion that herbs belong in tea. Blue lotus makes an outstanding tea that is very relaxing, and is great with a good book.

i agree with this. any herb i have smoked out of there burns too quickly. i don't think anything but shisha works well with a hookah. they sell glass pipes for a reason... my friend is also a tea fanatic and he has experimented with several legal herbs, most of them containing good results. some of them add a nice taste, some of them give you a nice buzz, and others do nothing. normal tea and hookah is a fantastic combination though.

QUOTE (joytron @ Jul 22 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 22 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I did mention that nicotine was psychoactive, I just believe aside from it we should not mention other substances in that category as it brings unwanted attention. Plenty of cultures use entheogens legally in their community and yield positive results from the experiences, but those substances should not be discussed here. I believe the only way that hookah will not be synonymous with NHT is if we cut all ties with other mind altering substances that are looked at negatively in our culture. I think if we ban the discussion of NHT it should encompass substances legal and illegal alike.

this is true but, unfortunately, there will always be a stigma attached to smoking a hookah. hundreds of years of history has documented images and written word of smoking legal and illegal herbs with a hookah and there are many people young and old that will continue to associate hookah with illegal herbs because of their own ignorance. not bad people, just a tendency to react without accurate information.

cops on campuses are trained to identify the legality of a hookah, which i found to be commendable when i was staying in a dorm. i remember an episode of the office mocked the ridiculous stigma associated with hookah among the general population, listing it among popular drugs before one of characters put the main one in his place. pretty great haha