Shisha, Herbs, And Tea In Your Hookah.

Ok my last herbal thread went dead, and off topic. Anyways I have compiled a list of herbs (you can look them up online) that are smoke-able. Some are smoked by tribes in various parts of the world, some are used for medical purposes, and some are used in holistic treatments. Anyways all are legal (according to online sources).

Have any of you ever smaoked any of the following herbs using a hookah? How did you prepare it? Did you flavor it, and how?

What part of the plant did you use?

Wild Dagga

Kratom

Passion Flower

Mullein

Blue Lotus

Yerba

Cannabaceae

Wild Lettuce

Indian Warrior (plant)

Thats off the top of my head. You can easily google these and check them out smile.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! Why? sad.gif

These are all legal smoke-able substances
according to online sources. If not, and If I get more post about this being not in the direction of the forum, I will report it.

But in the meantime, lets see what other people say? Edited by HellCat

Ok guys, I have notified several moderators about this thread.

Hopefully they will check it out and see whether it is ok or not.

If I do get banned, I hope it won't be for long. mellow.gif

I do not know what these substances can do. All I know is that they are legal and you can smoke these herbs and was wondering if anyone on the forum has done so and if it is possible to do so with a hookah.

Ok still waiting for feedback from the moderators.

I got several PMs about the herb called "cannabaceae".
Unfortunately I did not know what this was. I heard of it in a different forum, it was a beer forum and they were talking about hops, the flavorful ingredient used in beer worldwide.
They are having a hop crisis and many home brewing beer enthusiasts are growing their own hops which come from the *cannabaceae" family. Heres a link showing you what hops are. Growing Hops For Beer
In that forum, people said they had smoked hops before, so thats why I asked if anyone here did. Edited by HellCat

Ok, the mods have discussed this and we are going to allow this thread for the time being.

That being said anyone who starts discussing anything not legal in all 50 states will be lucky to ever get their posting abilities back.

I myself, in college, experimented with legal herbs like wild lettuce.

I'm going to go looking for the similar thread we had going here a year or so ago.

So feel free to discuss this topic, but be VERY careful.

And yes, as you can tell from the name, Hops for beer brewing and NHT are actually related.

Huh, I din't know that Yerba is smokable...I've had the tea of course but that's interesting thanks for the info Hellcat.

I don't know about specifics used but a few years ago a friend who will be referred to as Nature Boy went off into the woods of the camping site we were at and came back with a bunch of wild herbs and apples.

He set out the herbs and tiny pieces of apple on some foil on the hood of his truck to dry them out and a couple hours later we packed the mix into a briar pipe (not hookah I know). It was freakin awesome tasting if somewhat devoid of much smoke. I'm sure a person could add honey and glycerine to a mix like that and work it out for a hookah pipe.

I DO remember that there was lemonbalm and wild spearamint in there, but not the others which had fancy shmancy names.

Cool thread.

hmmm, Dagga is the name of a NY rapper, wonder if there's any connection?

hmmm, on that note (thanks ridiculously short edit time allotment) apparently "dagga" is an nht reference and only when paired with "wild" is it a reference to the African herb in question. Feel free to change it mods, yet another reason to give us a bit more time to edit our posts grumble grumble smile.gif

Kava Kava is a root out from the south pacific... usually drank but i guess is smokeable as well... add that to the list, and anyone tried this?

Kratom i have been wanting to try for quite some time... if i recall i know its traditionally chewed on since its a big leaf but other than that i'm not soo sure

anyway throw on Kava Kava on the list, wormwood (in absinthe i believe), catnip?

... as far as preparations go for smoking these in a hookah i am not going to pretend i know because i dont... i really like this thread a lot though, Props!

o ya and to save my ass, these are all legal (i'm assuming because you can buy all three in smokeshops/herbal shops) Edited by OneGreenMonstah

In Thailand, kratom leaves are often chewed fresh (usually after removing the stringy central vein). Dried leaves can also be chewed, but since they are a bit tough, most people prefer to crush them up or powder them so that they can be swallowed. Powdered kratom can be mixed with fruit juice or apple sauce. This partially masks the taste and allows it to be quickly swallowed. Dried kratom leaves are often made into a tea that is strained and then drunk (this is the most frequently used method in the West). Kratom can be smoked, but doing so has no advantage over chewing or making a tea from it. The amount of leaf that constitutes a typical dose is too much to be smoked easily. A paste-like extract can be prepared by lengthy boiling of fresh or dried leaves. This can be stored for later use. Small pellets of this extract can be swallowed, or it can be dissolved in hot water and consumed as a tea. Some people like to mix kratom tea with ordinary black tea, or other herbal teas, before it is consumed. This is done to make it more palatable. Sugar or honey can be added to sweeten it.

For some reason some of them remind me of Scalli's Cherokee herbal shisha.

But all in all Hellcat, I want to show my appreciation. You took the time to get confirmation from the mods to make sure everything you posted was good to go. I really appreciate that instead of someone being dumb and posting references left and right.

Yeah guys, I am happy they looked at everything and confirmed that it is ok!

As you can see, the great advantage to this thread is that so many people can see it and put their knowledge of certain herbs that others may not know and vice versa.

I am going to grow some Passion Flower and see if I can mix it with the wild dagga, which is also commonly known as klip dagga smile.gif Lets see how that experiment goes.

ive smoked wild lettuce, mullein leaf, mugwort root, and kratom...and i think ive only done the mullein and mugwort in a hookah once.

some herbs, some shisha, mix well, maybe add some glycerin...

alot of these herbs would add a much differenty taste though.

As a brewer - I've attempted to smoke hops in my crusty old Chinese hookah.

It lacks in ALL categories of smoke quality, density, or any other category you may wish to think of.

Actually I just tossed them in semi-dried in brewing form. I could have dried them like tobacco and then chose to try it like that and/or with glycerin and honey, but I didn't feel like doing it.

Eww smoking kratom, by the way kratom fucks you up and is very addictive. it is used in treatment programs for opiate addiction

passionflower is a maoi, stay awy

do you mean yerba santa or yerba lenna?

Cannabaceae are hops, and they suck but i get em for $5 an ounce. Edited by Fluffy

QUOTE (Fluffy @ Mar 20 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eww smoking kratom, by the way kratom fucks you up and is very addictive. it is used in treatment programs for opiate addiction

passionflower is a maoi, stay awy

do you mean yerba santa or yerba lenna?

Cannabaceae are hops, and they suck but i get em for $5 an ounce.

I dont know much about kratom, just that its smoke-able and legal (for now). Is what you are saying true? Can you flavor kratom?

About passion flower, I have to disagree with you. Only in significatly high dossages (i.e. like a LOT) will you get a tiny psychoactive reaction, and nowhere close to even hallucinating, just a happy feeling. It isn't a problem at all to smoke a normal amount. I read up about this on other forums. I may be wrong though, but I am growing passionflower and I'll be able to see for myself.

Doesn't it depend on how you flavor and prepare the hops? Then it could be better? Edited by HellCat

i dont think kratom would be very easy to flavor, though ive only smoked the extract (20x i think?)...it had a very good taste, and a nice buzz. i dont smoke it often though because its expensive sad.gif