Making Herbal, Non-tobacco Shisha

So is that how you make herbal shisha?
I am ordering some hydro herbal shisha and see how that works out.
But basically instead of tobacco (in a normal shisha recipe) can I just put sugarcane instead?

If I can use sugarcane, how do I prepare it?

Is there any alternative to sugarcane?

If anyone knows how to do this stuff, and it tastes/smokes good, it could save people a lot of money and provide an alternative to nicotine all the time.

I'm thinking of contacting like a shaman, voodoo or a native american group. Don't those guys do this kind of crap all the time? Would you advise that? Do they smoke legal stuff? Will I end up crouching in the corner peeing while trying to scratch my teeth?

QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 12 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is that how you make herbal shisha?
I am ordering some hydro herbal shisha and see how that works out.
But basically instead of tobacco (in a normal shisha recipe) can I just put sugarcane instead?

If I can use sugarcane, how do I prepare it?

Is there any alternative to sugarcane?

If anyone knows how to do this stuff, and it tastes/smokes good, it could save people a lot of money and provide an alternative to nicotine all the time.

I'm thinking of contacting like a shaman, voodoo or a native american group. Don't those guys do this kind of crap all the time? Would you advise that? Do they smoke legal stuff? Will I end up crouching in the corner peeing while trying to scratch my teeth?

Don't use sugar cane. Inhaling the particles is known to cause pulmonary fibrosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagasse

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 12 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would they ban herbal when there are other things you can buy that kill you and people still buy them. Just use your brain and don't smoke sugarcane.

So what do you recommend I use then? Are there any alternatives to sugarcane when making herbal shisha?

QUOTE (Karot @ Mar 12 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny because Saalaam herbal shisha uses Saccharum officinarum bagasse, aka sugarcane

So basically, either they process the sugarcane differently or its even more dangerous than tobacco. WOW. Now those wimps who don't wanna smoke nicotine don't realize they are killing themselves faster than if they did smoke nicotine rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 12 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude most tobacco is washed it so they don't even have a lot of nicotine. I am not sure what you are getting at this isn't the same as a cigarette.

Sorry if I'm not being clear...
A hookah session of like 45 mins poisons you about the equivalent of 2 or more cigarettes.
So I was looking into herbal shishas or non tobacco smoking stuff that I can smoke out of a hookah.
I heard of this stuff (like Hydro Shisha or Saalaam) and they have sugarcane in it.
But an above poster mentioned that sugarcane is really harmful and can give you serious problems.
So now I am asking about alternatives to Sugarcane and am wondering if any of the 15,000 members on this forum know of any.
If not, I am asking if it is a good idea to contact Native American groups, shamans or the like.
smile.gif

while I can't speak for every Tribe, most of them have a medicine man that knows what is safe and what is not. However, if you go to a holistic foods/herb store, they should also know. My suggestion would be to start at the holistic food store, and if all else fails, speak with your local tribe. Keep in mind, they might not be very receptive to you wanting to know these things (many of them are used for religious purposes)... Or, you can shoot Scalliwag a PM, since he makes his own herbal shisha.

QUOTE (tinyj316 @ Mar 13 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while I can't speak for every Tribe, most of them have a medicine man that knows what is safe and what is not. However, if you go to a holistic foods/herb store, they should also know. My suggestion would be to start at the holistic food store, and if all else fails, speak with your local tribe. Keep in mind, they might not be very receptive to you wanting to know these things (many of them are used for religious purposes)... Or, you can shoot Scalliwag a PM, since he makes his own herbal shisha.

Hmm that sounds cool. A holistic store... I'm going to try that out. Hopefully it won't give me the creeps too much. About the Native Americans, they use that kind of stuff for religion? I thought it was for cerimonies and celebration? I will be gentle and polite when asking. You said LOCAL tribe? Gonna have to google that.

QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 12 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tinyj316 @ Mar 13 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm that sounds cool. A holistic store... I'm going to try that out. Hopefully it won't give me the creeps too much. About the Native Americans, they use that kind of stuff for religion? I thought it was for cerimonies and celebration? I will be gentle and polite when asking. You said LOCAL tribe? Gonna have to google that.

Depending on where you are... go to the tribe that's closest to you... For example... my local tribe is the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Band Indians...I wouldn't call up the Lakota bands in South Dakota, or the Seminole Bands in Florida... Where are you from, I'll tell you what tribe is near you.

QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 12 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how come soex uses it? If its that dangerous then it should be banned?

And what about contacting those people I listed. Anyone else I should ask?

Hry hell cat inhaling the fibers can, but im prettey sure smoking it in a shisha cant.

QUOTE (Fluffy @ Mar 13 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (HellCat @ Mar 12 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how come soex uses it? If its that dangerous then it should be banned?

And what about contacting those people I listed. Anyone else I should ask?

Hry hell cat inhaling the fibers can, but im prettey sure smoking it in a shisha cant.

Isn't that technically the same?

i would either edit those names out (of the links) or report yourself...i know its not on purpose but it would result in a google hit for NHT which the forum doesn't want.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 14 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would either edit those names out (of the links) or report yourself...i know its not on purpose but it would result in a google hit for NHT which the forum doesn't want.

I tried to edit the post, but I etided it once before so now it wont let me. I reported it to the moderator.