How Much Is Too Much?

Well after reading this thread: http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=28885 a thought came to mind.

How much hookah smoking is too much in your opinion? I've heard people here saying they smoke 3-4 times a day. At that point, do you consider you're addicted?

After being on this forum, I've learned tons of things and also find myself smoking more often. From about twice a week to about 4-5 times.

Not arguing that hookah is addictive at all, just looking for some opinions

I don't ever feel myself chomping at the bit because I can't get at my hookah.. I think there's a point where you may be excessively smoking but the only addictive thing in shisha would be nicotine, however I'm not sure how much nicotine a bowl of shisha has compared to a cig.

I've never felt like I have to smoke. I do it about once a day to relax after school or work or w/e, More on the weekends. I always smoke with my girflriend (lives with me). I've tried smoking alone once or twice, but get bored after a couple minutes.

Addiction? Whats that?

I think it would be safe to say if its a problem, it'll be obvious. You'll notice you're not keeping up with things the way you should (schoolwork, showering, etc.) or your friends might say something. If you are smoking 25 hours a day, something is definitely wrong. Presumably your clock is running an hour slow each day.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Mar 8 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never felt like I have to smoke. I do it about once a day to relax after school or work or w/e, More on the weekends. I always smoke with my girflriend (lives with me). I've tried smoking alone once or twice, but get bored after a couple minutes.

Yeah, I do it often at night to relax from school/work.

I like doing it with friends or on my own. It's different smoking for different moods. Sometimes I just want to have a good smoke and watch a good movie.

I love hookah so much because I can never get addicted to it.

Everyone has their own definition of too much, but for me, more than 1 bowl a day is already enough.

I work from 10 in the morning till 9 at night, so I truly appreciate it when I get a chance to smoke that one bowl after a nice shower and a nice meal.

I can say that i was addicted to cigarettes and quit (no helpers)!

But i remember wanting them... Even after a year? 2 maybe? I still want them occasionally. Yes, i do smoke them every once in a while, like when i'm drinking and stuff but not like then. I had to have them at certain times.

With hookah, it's not that i need to smoke, its that i want to smoke. I like to be at home in my room by myself at my computer smoking my hookah. It's relaxing, fun, tasty, and i feel calmer when doing it.

Hookah: It's more like a safety blanket; I'm not addicted, but I get upset when I can't have it!

I'm pretty new at this, so I've been avidly trying my new shishas every night for the last several weeks. Pretty much laid my briers down temporarily, and I have noticed a reduced nicotine blood level. So if anything, it seems to be less addicting in terms of nicotine. I've been smoking Nahkla, Tangiers, Desi Murli. Lately I can really feel a sniff of snuff, whereas pre-hookah, it would not have as much an effect. My lungs actually feel better too, which is surprising considering the volume of smoke from a hookah, vs the small amount of pipe smoke that I might inhale. I do like the hookah ritual, and blowing huge clouds of smoke is certainly novel.
Yesterday was a rainy, rainy day, so I pretty much vegged and smoked the hookah all day, had like 3 or 4 bowls. I had a mild headache in the evening, and a bit of a cough in the night. I guess it was too much for me. Feeling fine this morning, though.