Troubles With Mnh

I just wanted to say I don't think he doesn't deserve a refund or a reshipment of the package. I am saying since MNH hasn't refused to do those yet then there is no need for the negative attention towards them. I have actually never ordered from them.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with that entirely voski. i'm not saying anything ill towards mnh at all, i'm just saying i feel all to often members feel are favorite vendors are not capable of doing anything wrong at all, just because they have had great experiences.

i think i've done a really poor job of saying what i want to. i'm going to go to bed, i'll try again tomorrow night.

QUOTE (voski @ Feb 26 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to say I don't think he doesn't deserve a refund or a reshipment of the package. I am saying since MNH hasn't refused to do those yet then there is no need for the negative attention towards them. I have actually never ordered from them.

Exactly...

I also agree with you SixPack, if I had been waiting that long I would be upset to but I would also be doing everything I could to get it resolved which involves harrassing Fedex even if Tarik is doing the same thing. Surely two people calling about it could do no harm other then get Fedex to put a little more attention on finding the package. If it is lost I would indeed expect either a refund or a reshipment by MNH, and I don't doubt that they would resolve the problem if it came to that.

thats odd, whenever i use mnh i always get great service, somtimes hell even try to fit all my stuff in a smaller box, and refunds me on shipping a bigger box. and shipping time is really great. in most cases with me, it takes exactly 3 business days from Minnesota to Hawaii.

Can you clarify the time line for me? You ordered last Friday, at the time of this post it is the wee hours of Friday morning. As I understand it that means you ordered less than 7 days ago, yet you state it has been in transit for 8 and in your thread title you say it has been almost two week. Moreover, Tarik said you would have it by the end of the week and there are still 2 days worth of delivery time before. Am I misunderstanding you?

QUOTE (Heelie @ Feb 26 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you clarify the time line for me? You ordered last Friday, at the time of this post it is the wee hours of Friday morning. As I understand it that means you ordered less than 7 days ago, yet you state it has been in transit for 8 and in your thread title you say it has been almost two week. Moreover, Tarik said you would have it by the end of the week and there are still 2 days worth of delivery time before. Am I misunderstanding you?

DONT ORDER ONLINE IF U CANT HANDLE SHIPPING MISTAKES

QUOTE (trivial @ Feb 26 2009, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Heelie @ Feb 26 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DONT ORDER ONLINE IF U CANT HANDLE SHIPPING MISTAKES

+100
Let me just get this straight:
YOU the customer ordered from a reputable company, MHN from whom I have ordered over $500 worth of supplies from, with nothing but good experiences, and have not received your package which they shipped ON TIME using FEDEX who have DELAYED the package. YOU called MNH to complain, MNH called FEDEX, FEDEX did not return MNH's call which YOU as the customer requested THEM to do.
Read the capitals, get the gist?
MNH has at this point gone beyond what a normal vendor would do by prompty calling Fedex to see whats up. Fedex at this point has failed miserably, by not calling MNH back or by delivering the package.
Now of course I understand, you don't have your stuff, bottom line, but if you look at the situation, its not MNH's fault, and they used the best they could. Fedex is better than UPS and USPS as well.
I'm trying to put you into a fair perspective rather than the heavily biased one you have right now...

1) Frost, stop being a whiny baby about the situation. Shit happens when it comes to doing business online... If you needed that stuff sooner, I'm sure you could have found a "local" smoke shop within 100 miles, driven there, bought it, and had it sooner for roughly the same amount of money. Its not Tarik's fault that FedEx is incapable of shipping products. You need to call FedEx directly (1-800-Go FedEx) and hound them if its taking too long...The package is insured up to the amount of purchase. When you CALL FEDEX, they will, assuming the package is lost, refund your money (this will take about a week as well...) or they will refund Tarik the purchase price, and he will be able to ship you out another order (this will take another couple days) You said you had Tarik call, and they're dicking him around too... how is that his fault? Its not... Its FedEx' fault.

2) I understand you're frustrated, but bashing a reputable dealer for a situation that's out of his control is a little juvenile. You can't make demands that are unreasonable. Tarik shouldn't have to re-send your stuff before FedEx reimburses one of you for their mistake. Just put yourself in his position. You run a shop, and some malcontent, impatient customer is demanding you dip into your own inventory/coffers for someone else's mistake. You wouldn't want to do that, would you? The customer is not always right, regardless of how the old adage goes. Caveat Emptor...

3) The squeaky wheel gets the grease... Call FedEx daily, hell, hourly for all I care... The more you call them to complain, the hotter the fire will get under their feet to shut you up. They might blacklist you from shipping if you piss them off too much, but let them know that you don't appreciate how long its taking, and their general attitude of not caring. Ask to talk to a manager if the CSR isn't helping you.

4) Wait another couple days. If its already too late to give the tin of shisha to your brother/friend/cousin, then what difference does it make? Just sit back, relax, and wait it out. If it still isn't here by the end of next week, then I would definitely start raising hell with FedEx, and FedEx ONLY! You have a tracking number...the ball is in their court.

5) This thread should definitely be closed. I hate to sound like a dick, but its posts like this that make people not want to do business with certain vendors. Someone sees a "horror" story, and it spooks them...while I haven't personally done business with Tarik yet, I know he's a stand-up guy, and would never try to screw someone over. There's only so much he can do.

QUOTE (Heelie @ Feb 26 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is the wee hours of Thursday morning now. Meaning, he posted Wednesday evening. Ie: 3 business days post-order. Give 1 day for processing and delivery to shipper (FedEx). FedEx has had it in transit for 2 days or 3 at most?

QUOTE (Dunkel! @ Feb 26 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A pattern doesn't make his complaint any less justified. Though i have to admit you make an interesting point. smile.gif

QUOTE (tinyj316 @ Feb 26 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Frost, stop being a whiny baby about the situation. Shit happens when it comes to doing business online... If you needed that stuff sooner, I'm sure you could have found a "local" smoke shop within 100 miles, driven there, bought it, and had it sooner for roughly the same amount of money. Its not Tarik's fault that FedEx is incapable of shipping products. You need to call FedEx directly (1-800-Go FedEx) and hound them if its taking too long...The package is insured up to the amount of purchase. When you CALL FEDEX, they will, assuming the package is lost, refund your money (this will take about a week as well...) or they will refund Tarik the purchase price, and he will be able to ship you out another order (this will take another couple days) You said you had Tarik call, and they're dicking him around too... how is that his fault? Its not... Its FedEx' fault.

2) I understand you're frustrated, but bashing a reputable dealer for a situation that's out of his control is a little juvenile. You can't make demands that are unreasonable. Tarik shouldn't have to re-send your stuff before FedEx reimburses one of you for their mistake. Just put yourself in his position. You run a shop, and some malcontent, impatient customer is demanding you dip into your own inventory/coffers for someone else's mistake. You wouldn't want to do that, would you? The customer is not always right, regardless of how the old adage goes. Caveat Emptor...

3) The squeaky wheel gets the grease... Call FedEx daily, hell, hourly for all I care... The more you call them to complain, the hotter the fire will get under their feet to shut you up. They might blacklist you from shipping if you piss them off too much, but let them know that you don't appreciate how long its taking, and their general attitude of not caring. Ask to talk to a manager if the CSR isn't helping you.

4) Wait another couple days. If its already too late to give the tin of shisha to your brother/friend/cousin, then what difference does it make? Just sit back, relax, and wait it out. If it still isn't here by the end of next week, then I would definitely start raising hell with FedEx, and FedEx ONLY! You have a tracking number...the ball is in their court.

5) This thread should definitely be closed. I hate to sound like a dick, but its posts like this that make people not want to do business with certain vendors. Someone sees a "horror" story, and it spooks them...while I haven't personally done business with Tarik yet, I know he's a stand-up guy, and would never try to screw someone over. There's only so much he can do.

x2

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 26 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A pattern doesn't make his complaint any less justified. Though i have to admit you make an interesting point. smile.gif

lol oh man.i think you should just buy from smoke shops.

I know for a fact Fedex sucks, they've done this to me before too, with a very important check that I had to send through the mail because I was out of state. I got a call like 2 weeks after I sent it (on the priority, the 1-2 day deliver) and the people said they never got my check. I looked at the tracking number and sure enough, it's stuck somewhere in St. Louis "in transit". Luckily, I was able to show the tracking number to the people so they knew I had really sent the check. Point of the story - Fedex (and others, I have horrible luck with mail services) are not perfect, but, as the bank called ME about it, not Fedex because it was MY responsibility to get the check to them... weird, I think I just got on Frost's side a bit here.... I was originally trying to make a point about it being fedex's fault and not MNH (which it is, but MNH can and should -and I am sure will- help out).

I will also vouch for Tarik though, the few times I've had issues with orders they have been VERY prompt and helpful in getting the problems fixed. If there's anyone who will go out of his way to help it's Tarik IMO.

-Z

P.S. Fedex sucks

P.P.S. Really badly

This thread should be renamed "Troubles With Fedex". I agree that this thread is a false attempt at tainting Tarik's reputation. I understand your frustration, but your approach to this situation (and previous orders) seems incredibly immature.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 26 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Malcontents are always the most vocal... Seriously... I bet he's going to go thru each vendor, get his order screwed up somehow, then cry until nobody will want to do business with him. Although, I am noticing that the majority of his horror stories include FedEx as the courier...

QUOTE (tinyj316 @ Feb 26 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 26 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Malcontents are always the most vocal... Seriously... I bet he's going to go thru each vendor, get his order screwed up somehow, then cry until nobody will want to do business with him. Although, I am noticing that the majority of his horror stories include FedEx as the courier...

WHEN WILL HE LEARNNNN

FedEx most definitely sucks. They never knock on the door when they deliver to my house. The other day I was waiting for an important package and I hear the truck park outside, I look out the window and it's them. I rush downstairs (maybe like 45 seconds) and by the time I get to the door there's the "sorry we missed you" (or whatever) slip and no truck to be found...

They did this consecutively for like 3 days until the last one said that I had to go pick it up. I called the FedEx office pissed and told them the whole point of FedExing it was to receive it at home. So they sent the guy back and this time guess what, he did knock.

I prefer UPS or USPS

I dont know if you got my message but i got off the phone with fedex earlier and i guess what happend is the label got torn off and they had a new label put on there and it has been deliverd since monday! Hope you see this. Thanks everyone it was just a simple misunderstanding and fedex messed up but it has been there for a while now i hope he gets it.

Thank you,
Tarik
MNH

Ring ring ring ring Bananaphoneeee! Contacting people over E-Mail is convenient but when it comes to problems like this...... YOU MUST USE THE TELEPHONE. I still dont blame frost for freaking out he spent a lot of money in a shitty economy.