Mobile/iphone Version

willbb123

It would be nice if we had a mobile or an iPhone version of the site. I know we have Lo-Fi version for people on mobile web, but you cant post from that. I have an iPhone and am on this forum and another (theater not hookah) forum all the time. The other forum has a iPhone version and its so much easer to navigate then just the scaled down web version.

Also can we make it possible to make it so we can be logged in from more then one place. If I log in from my phone, I have to log back into my computer. Then when I log into my computer I get logged out of my phone.

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Mar 2 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummm +1 to the iphone version

-1 to mushs balls....

If we subtract mush's balls by 1, that puts him back down to an even number.

I wish my iPod Touch 2G worked with WPA-encrypted internet so I could use it at school. My grades would drop, but my Hookah Forum usage would skyrocket!

http://www.skinsforiphone.com/

"The skin uses a layout as recommended by Apple for lists and tabular content. Apple provide a set of guidelines at https://developer.apple.com/webapps/designingcontent.php and also downloadable kits to assist with this so that the skin looks like a native iPhone application.

The IPB credit remains on every page with a link along with a link to the skin site itself. It has been checked by IPS and confirmed that this is not against the license.

We feel the pricing is quite fair considering how much it would cost to have a custom skin created for your own forum but also that pricing of skins varies from $20 to $100 in our research, depending on the quality of the skin.

If you feel that the price is too high for you, feel free to get in touch via e-mail to support@skinsforiphone.com and we’ll see if we can work out a deal." - Guy who made this?

But I also have the logging out problem that will has

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Another forum that i view just added support for Tappatalk. http://www.tapatalk.com/ It is free for the forum to add themselves to there directory. The app costs 2.99. I just downloaded it and havent played around with it too much but it looks really nice. I have heard that there are updates waiting iTunes approval.

Hmm ya know i might be able to pull off a mobile version of this site fairly easily... never thought about using just a skin to allow it... Time to sneak off to my old IPB testing grounds. El might be making another skin for the forums. If permission is given. Well... ill work on it permission be damned ;P

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Jun 27 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i access this site by iphone all the time

as I access it from my G1 all the time. Problem is... it's just a bit on the crapola side.

A dedicated .m version would be bloody usefull.

You ever tried banning a spammer via an iphone/G1 thumbdown.gif

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 27 2009, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as I access it from my G1 all the time. Problem is... it's just a bit on the crapola side.

never have but an mobile version would be nice though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 27 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've actually done a few mod moves/bans during my tenure here with my Palm Pre (ftw) wink.gif