Possible Ways Of Removing Flavor Ghosts From Bowls?

Anybody have any ideas on how to remove flavor ghosts for bowls? I love my mya bowl and phunnel, but now that they are building up some decent flavor ghosts i don't really get the full force of more subtle or weaker or sensitive flavors.

I've sort of had this idea in my head about soaking them in water or lemon juice & water for a long period of time, but i'm not sure if it'll do anything really or if it might damage the bowl in any way. I might just have to go ahead and try it just to see.

Any inputs about this?

I don't have a problem with my fully glazed bowls flavor ghosting, but the mya bowls, definitely.

To get rid of the smells in the mya bowls, I made a paste of baking soda and water, and let it sit, I scrubbed it as well, worked wonders.

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Feb 22 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have no problem with my phunnel and ghost flavors...

Baking soda + lemon juice always works though for my stem though. wink.gif

you sure? cos as far as i know, eventhough they're glazed on the outside, they're not glazed on the inside though.. eventhough the juices never reach that part they still flavor ghost..

QUOTE (modisess @ Feb 22 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Feb 22 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have no problem with my phunnel and ghost flavors...

Baking soda + lemon juice always works though for my stem though. wink.gif

you sure? cos as far as i know, eventhough they're glazed on the outside, they're not glazed on the inside though.. eventhough the juices never reach that part they still flavor ghost..

Yeah but i do wash out my phunnel every session. Huh... Most of the flavor ghosting it in the pipe in all of my cases.

QUOTE (modisess @ Feb 22 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind that the inside of the bowl is only getting smoke on it, not the actual shisha and juices. It's the juices that are going to stain and leave behind flavor on your bowl.

What I used to do is just soak my Mya bowl in hot water with some lemon juice for about 20-30 minutes, that always did the job for me. Longer term solution: move away from the Mya bowl to something glazed smile.gif

QUOTE (jfaltous @ Feb 22 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (modisess @ Feb 22 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind that the inside of the bowl is only getting smoke on it, not the actual shisha and juices. It's the juices that are going to stain and leave behind flavor on your bowl.

What I used to do is just soak my Mya bowl in hot water with some lemon juice for about 20-30 minutes, that always did the job for me. Longer term solution: move away from the Mya bowl to something glazed smile.gif

yeah, most cases the juices never reach that part of the phunnel, but with tangiers time to time it does happen, but then i'll just scrub it with a stem brush haha. smell still sticks though.. i guess my main problem lies with the mya bowl..

but... i just love this bowl too much.... alright, gonna soak it in some water and baking soda now... hoping for the best.. Edited by modisess