Glass Hookah Stem

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

del Sol - yea you are right about that. I'm going to try something very similar but instead of cutting, i'm going to flare it open like the foot of a wine goblet. That way i can make it nice and big and sturdy.

and i like the ice bucket idea, and i think its possible i need an explanation on how that works though and where it needs to be located on the hookah to make it function properly.

well the way most ice buckets work is they go around the stem and the tray will sit on top of the bucket, you take the tray off fill it with ice and then put the tray back on and it is supposed to cool the inner stem

QUOTE (poncho @ Jul 25 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
del Sol - yea you are right about that. I'm going to try something very similar but instead of cutting, i'm going to flare it open like the foot of a wine goblet. That way i can make it nice and big and sturdy.

and i like the ice bucket idea, and i think its possible i need an explanation on how that works though and where it needs to be located on the hookah to make it function properly.

Unless it's just a matter of you wanting to say you "made every piece" you could do like I did on my Shiner hookah and drill a hole with a diamond holesaw in the middle of a glass saucer/small plate. I know it's not that special glass you are talking about but if I did tip one of those hookahs I'd like the tray to be the weakest link, hence absorb the brunt of the impact. Next best thing to side air bags wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (DrunK @ Aug 5 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
will u by any chance making them taller? BTW looks fucking amazing!!!!!!! good work

QUOTE (poncho @ May 26 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The glass on glass system will also allow the user to buy a extender stem piece, which haven't made any of yet but i will that has a male and female joint on it. This will allow you to be able to stack these extender pieces on top of your stem that will come with the hookah, allowing it to be taller. This system will allow you to make the hookah as tall as you want depending on how many pieces you buy. You could make your hookah 20 feet tall if you want to by stacking the extenders. The glass on glass joints are strong and stable and the fit is so perfect there is no play or wobble in them.

You will personally be able to make it as tall as you like!

QUOTE (DGreekStallion @ Aug 5 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sisonpyh @ Aug 4 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eager for prices too! Either going glass or brass smile.gif

Same here.

I'm either getting a brass KM or this new fangled glass I've been hearing all about...

Yeah this glass stem looks so awesome! Ordering my stuff soon, I hope he gets back prices up fast. I think he said he had a video but was having problems putting it up.