Glass Hookah Stem

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here. I am a glass artist and have had the idea to make a glass hookah stem for about 3 years now. So last night i was finally able to complete this task. So here's a sneak peak of the prodo type. It needs a bit of work but pretty soon they will be for sale! I can also make the bowl, dish, and base all out of glass, and i would like to have glass mouth pieces and connectors for the hoses, with the standard leather hose still.

Thanks for looking!

Jake

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit Jake that is one of the sweetest stems ever made!!! I'm serious that is incredible man. Welcome aboard BTW and I'm really looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. If you can keep the price in a decent range and make a consistently good product you will be one really busy guy making these. I know I want one or three already!

WOW! That is pretty awesome looking... wouldn't mind buying that if the price isn't too steep.

but i'll be nervous as a wreck handling that stem! also, if you're thinking about making a glass mouthpiece that'll fit nammors/razans/km hoses that would be more awesome! Edited by modisess

hey everyone, still trying to learn this forum, but thanks for the kind words. I started these with a 3mm thick tube. (thats the walls). They are pretty thick, they could be thicker, but the thickness doesnt matter so much for strength. They will be properly annealed (removes the stress out of the glass) and are made of the same borosilicate (pyrex is a name brand of this glass) that glass tobacco pipes, and glass on stove tea pots are made of. They are really strong glass. I can made some super thick versions and i think i will try to work on those. The downstem also has a diffusfer built into it. And if you have never smoked a hookah with a diffuser in it, it will change your life. You'll never smoke one without it again. I also make a diffuser for existing metal hookah stems. It just slides on the bottom. I'll get you a picture of that soon. The slide on diffusers are cheap, i'll do them for $15 including shipping for a clear one. All i need is the diameter of your downstem and i can make you one. I can do colors and custom orders on diffusers ( not on stems yet, still gotta master the clear), but the price will be more.

I created a new email ponchojake@gmail.com, if your interested in owning one of these stems, and or a slide on diffuser, let me know via that email. That way i can organize everything and not get to confused with all this fourm email communication. haha

As far as price goes for these, i haven't figured it out yet, but im going to keep them as reasonable as possible.

Again, thanks for the kind words and interest.

Jake

It's... BEAUTIFUL! *basks in the glory*

Very nice man, you're def gonna be busy if you can make them for an affordable price! I know I'll want one (or two) for sure! Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

-Z

i was a nervous wreck when i was fitting it into the base, but once i put it in there, it fit so nicely, i'm not worried about it anymore. I guess yes i'm a bit less worried about breaking glass than most (comes with being a glass blower i guess) haha but seriously they are sturdy.

If anyone's in the Cleveland area, maybe you can stop by and check it out. I'm trying to bring you the best quality product i can, i've very focused on quality, which is why they wont be for sale until i know they are 100% up to my very high standards. Give me a few weeks, and they will be super sweet.

I have been interested in a glass hookah for the longest time! i think glass is one of the neatest things and that stem turned out better than i could imagine!

The only thing that i think would be tough with it would be cleaning! especially with the bulbs in there. other than that it's flawless!

I may hit you up sometime on pricing.

Truly a work of art man!

+1, let me know when these hit production and I'll be ordering one with my Tax refund check... I'd love to have you blow a matching glass base to go with it and a clear mouthpiece for a nammor/razan hose as well, please lemme know by PM what your thinking price range wise.

hey eternal.. im not sure what you mean exactly by the bulbs, but cleaning should be easy. The glass is non porus, so all you need is some water and a little shake and it cleans right out. And for the downstem, all you have to do is stick one of those skinny hookah cleaning brushes down the stem and you should be set.

victim... yes i can make a base with black swirls, i have access and the ability to make the bases, bowls, hoses, stem, and coal dish. This will significantly raise the price though. I will be making versions that are fully glass, i just need some time.

can someone post a link for those hoses i keep hearing about. i'm not familiar with them and would love to know what everyone's talking about.

thanks jake

thank you, does anyone sell just the hose material? i can make the mouth pieces, handles, and the other end with the rubber piece, and i could make the hose connections glass on glass, once i get rolling