Ladies And Gentlemen The Rumors Are True

QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 19 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Anxiety @ Feb 19 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where did you order these from?

thehookah.com

Oh shit, I just ordered a hookah from them... So I can expect to send it back? great!

Yeah, I have to send it back. It looks like it's made out of cheap grade aluminum and my trey is freaking bent!
Stay away from this compay obviously... Edited by Red_Pyramid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 20 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thehookah.com

Oh shit, I just ordered a hookah from them... So I can expect to send it back? great!

Yeah, I have to send it back. It looks like it's made out of cheap grade aluminum and my trey is freaking bent!
Stay away from this compay obviously...

I would not say to stay away from this company, if you are having a problem contact them and ask them about it. They are helping me out and have great customer service.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 20 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 20 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thehookah.com

Stay away from this compay obviously...

I would not say to stay away from this company, if you are having a problem contact them and ask them about it. They are helping me out and have great customer service.

I ordered the rave 15" hookah, I'm new to hookah smoking so I thought I would graduate up the scale in height so on. But uh, no I got a real piece of shit.
We'll see, I contacted them little over an hour ago, so we'll see...

Well I got mine in today but haven't had a chance to take pics until now.

Mine came from Hookah-Company and appears to be top quality like the last one I bought from them was (Sitting next to it), the base+stem weight 8 lbs.. the stem weighs 4-5 lbs. I said I would post pics so here you are. I guess I should also note, the Med Phunnel and Grand Caravan Hose came with it as well.

QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 20 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ordered the rave 15" hookah, I'm new to hookah smoking so I thought I would graduate up the scale in height so on. But uh, no I got a real piece of shit.

No offence, but the rave looks like a P.o.S. Return it and buy something you know will work great.
If you want a small hookah, spend a few more bucks and get a mya gelato (they come in 3 sizes and shit tones of colors).
I smoked my friends the other day, its a nice hookah.

Hi guys

It's been a long time!!!

I just want to say that we value every ones opinion on this forum, we however don't want this thread to seem like a bash on KM products and our company. I am sure that I speak for other vendors as well since they as well carry the same products. It is also apparent in online forum history that rumors usually start by that one thread which pertains to an isolated incident.

As the owner of TheHookah.com I would like to give you my personal guarantee that the current KM batch is just as good if not better than any other KMs in previous shipments. KM does not compromise on quality nor is it easy for any other manufacturer to copy the KM quality in their metal work and especially in their welding. If you ordered a KM from us, please inspect it upon opening your package and if you are not satisfied for any reason give us a call and we will gladly accept your return (shipping paid) as long as the hookah has not been used. That's how confident we are in the quality.

On another note, I honestly think that much of the misconception on KMs is the level of expectation from people who have never owned or seen a KM or other Egyptian hookah in person before. There are a few things to consider and expect when buying a KM. As most of you may know, the tri-metals as well as the full cast stems are heavier than the all of the other KMs because of the way they are manufactured and the amount of metal used to make them. In addition the Small HOLs (22" and 23") are not made the exact same way as the bigger KMs because they are intended to be lighter and more portable. You cannot compare the small HOLs to the rest of the KMs because they fall in a different class. Not saying that they are of inferior quality, just meant to be lighter and more portable.

A KM is a hand made product and inconsistencies will always be a factor. For more information on this I recommend reading our KM disclaimer on the following page http://www.thehookah.com/pages.php?pageid=38.

As far as the multi-hose KMs. They are built the same way as any other larger KM in addition to more hose ports. There is no common chamber and the purge valve is included as well.

I would also like to clarify that KMs found on other vendors websites are most likely from the same distributor with different glass fitted to them which are all ultimately from the same factory.

Some stated that there will be a decline in the KM quality. My question to them is how do you even know that having never been to the KM factory nor dealt with the Mamoon family personally.

I am just asking you to isolate every scenario and not jump to conclusions based on rumors, other people's opinions or other isolated incidents. It just isn't fair to the vendors, be it ourselves or any other. We have sold over 100 KMs in the past 3 weeks and in all honesty this is the first time we hear a complaint. All the people who have walked in to our warehouse have fallen in love with at least one KM model immediately.

We like to think that hookah smoking encourages intellect and individuality. So come on people... Think for yourself and don't jump on the KM hate bandwagon just because someone had a bad experience!!!

Those who have bought a KM from us and are happy please speak up and prove these rumors wrong!!!

Happy Smoking you guys!!! (From a KM I hope)

QUOTE (TheHookah.com @ Feb 20 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 21 2009, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is great to hear, I'm back to being excited about my order coming in

You very well should be. The HOL trimetal is beautiful!

WOOT!

QUOTE (TheHookah.com @ Feb 21 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys

It's been a long time!!!

I just want to say that we value every ones opinion on this forum, we however don't want this thread to seem like a bash on KM products and our company. I am sure that I speak for other vendors as well since they as well carry the same products. It is also apparent in online forum history that rumors usually start by that one thread which pertains to an isolated incident.

As the owner of TheHookah.com I would like to give you my personal guarantee that the current KM batch is just as good if not better than any other KMs in previous shipments. KM does not compromise on quality nor is it easy for any other manufacturer to copy the KM quality in their metal work and especially in their welding. If you ordered a KM from us, please inspect it upon opening your package and if you are not satisfied for any reason give us a call and we will gladly accept your return (shipping paid) as long as the hookah has not been used. That's how confident we are in the quality.

On another note, I honestly think that much of the misconception on KMs is the level of expectation from people who have never owned or seen a KM or other Egyptian hookah in person before. There are a few things to consider and expect when buying a KM. As most of you may know, the tri-metals as well as the full cast stems are heavier than the all of the other KMs because of the way they are manufactured and the amount of metal used to make them. In addition the Small HOLs (22" and 23") are not made the exact same way as the bigger KMs because they are intended to be lighter and more portable. You cannot compare the small HOLs to the rest of the KMs because they fall in a different class. Not saying that they are of inferior quality, just meant to be lighter and more portable.

A KM is a hand made product and inconsistencies will always be a factor. For more information on this I recommend reading our KM disclaimer on the following page http://www.thehookah.com/pages.php?pageid=38.

As far as the multi-hose KMs. They are built the same way as any other larger KM in addition to more hose ports. There is no common chamber and the purge valve is included as well.

I would also like to clarify that KMs found on other vendors websites are most likely from the same distributor with different glass fitted to them which are all ultimately from the same factory.

Some stated that there will be a decline in the KM quality. My question to them is how do you even know that having never been to the KM factory nor dealt with the Mamoon family personally.

I am just asking you to isolate every scenario and not jump to conclusions based on rumors, other people's opinions or other isolated incidents. It just isn't fair to the vendors, be it ourselves or any other. We have sold over 100 KMs in the past 3 weeks and in all honesty this is the first time we hear a complaint. All the people who have walked in to our warehouse have fallen in love with at least one KM model immediately.

We like to think that hookah smoking encourages intellect and individuality. So come on people... Think for yourself and don't jump on the KM hate bandwagon just because someone had a bad experience!!!

Those who have bought a KM from us and are happy please speak up and prove these rumors wrong!!!

This i one of the things i love this forum for, vendors themselves participating in the discussions, thumbs up! Ordered a KM parad-ice 38" from thehookah a few months ago, everything went well, the KM did not disappoint, far from it. Its of nice quality, very sturdy, nice welds etc, ofc i can only speak for myself. The downstem-end-thingy on dafunks hookah does look crappy but that have been explained now (although it is kinda stupid of KM to to something like this). Also mechant, you could probably wash away most of the stuff on the KM, comparing two hookahs when one of them seems dirty is exactly optimal tongue.gif

Think I posted it somewhere else in the thread, but I ordered a KM from thehookah.com a few months ago. They were out of the model I wanted, so they 'upgraded' me to a large Ice for free (40 bucks more than the KM I originally wanted). The Ice I received was perfect. Besides a dead bee in the vase ( tongue.gif ) I have absolutely no complaints.

I'm not bashing KM hookahs, I'm fearing a slow move toward a brand culture that just wont work for hookahs. It's already this way as it is, but more so it will be that you'll have a choice between three brands, Mya, KM, and MZ, that's all you'll get. I dont think that's what we all want. It's the law of unintended consequences I suppose.

QUOTE (TheHookah.com @ Feb 20 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys

It's been a long time!!!

I want to say that George has been very helpful and we had a long talk about KM's. It shows that he does care about his products and that he is willing to stand behind them (which is rare in the internet market place). If it seemed I had implied that his company was operating in a shady fashion it was not intended. This was simply a response to the rumors we have all heard about low quality KM's coming in. I have no fear in ordering from his company (I have in the past and will in the future). I just want to reassure everyone that I was not dissatisfied with his company or anything in that matter. Like stated this was a isolated incident and to simply write off his company and service is unjustified.

QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 20 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 20 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offence, but the rave looks like a P.o.S. Return it and buy something you know will work great.
If you want a small hookah, spend a few more bucks and get a mya gelato (they come in 3 sizes and shit tones of colors).
I smoked my friends the other day, its a nice hookah.

And a bitch to clean due to their hollow bodies ohmy.gif