Ladies And Gentlemen The Rumors Are True

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah rust for sure if it was brass you would see it in the other side to. Well they are taking it back even though I have used it, my logic is that it doesn't matter that I used it, they sent me crap that shouldn't have been sent out in the first place. It is of poor quality and if they would like to maintain the image of a respectable company they will allow me to return it.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah rust for sure if it was brass you would see it in the other side to. Well they are taking it back even though I have used it, my logic is that it doesn't matter that I used it, they sent me crap that shouldn't have been sent out in the first place. It is of poor quality and if they would like to maintain the image of a respectable company they will allow me to return it.

good!!! that's awesome, If i don't like mine when it comes in I'll send it back instantly.

QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good!!! that's awesome, If i don't like mine when it comes in I'll send it back instantly.

QUOTE (Red_Pyramid @ Feb 19 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Anxiety @ Feb 19 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where did you order these from?

thehookah.com

Oh shit, I just ordered a hookah from them... So I can expect to send it back? great!

Check your hookahs and make sure they look good before using them, I obviously didn't check the ports or the downstems before using them. Echotc I doubt you will have a problem with yours, I would hope it is of higher quality.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Feb 19 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... way to ruin a brand name?
Yay for resale value skyrocketing right about.... now Hookah.gif

Not trying to ruin the name, but the hookahs I received were not up to par and would not like anyone to suffer the same fate. I love my other KM's and hope this is just an isolated incident. This is not a KM hate thread!

heh got my KM at the right time. Who knows though it might be that The Hookah bought these cheaply made KM's and put them out there site to profit off of us. While John put up nice KM's with all original equipment.

Who knows... We will find out in time if all vendors will be getting bad KM's.

Eric saw this coming way ahead of this little incident. No one should be surprised at all. There was supposedly a shipment of crates of KMs that werent up to standard coming into the US. Maybe it's isolated. Maybe not. I dont think it will be though. If it's a whole shipment, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people buying KMs soon.

For what it's worth, my roomate and fellow forum member Chiefin picked up a 3 hose double green pear from thehookah.com about a week ago and it's been great so far. The quality/welds/construction is just as good as any KM we own from the past and the "new" hoses work great for us. It sucks to hear the bad news for some of you guys but I don't think it's time to start jumping just yet.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (erufiku @ Feb 19 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... way to ruin a brand name?
Yay for resale value skyrocketing right about.... now Hookah.gif

Not trying to ruin the name, but the hookahs I received were not up to par and would not like anyone to suffer the same fate. I love my other KM's and hope this is just an isolated incident. This is not a KM hate thread!

Nah mate I'm not insinuating that you're slanderin the KM brand name. All I was saying is that it takes a lot of effort to build a brand name but just one bad shipment to ruin it. If this isn't an isolated then case many, many people will now think twice before spending their cash on a KM.

Well I ended up getting my KM today, but a little later than expected so I'm at work - I'll have to post pics for you guys in a couple hours. Fedex shipped it to the wrong house then tried to tell me it was delivered and signed for by someone I've never even heard of.

Weight and quality wise I couldn't be happier and more relieved... not a single spot of rust or corossion, the stem weights a good 4-5 lbs.. the base looks great and there isn't a single nick or scratch on the thing anywhere. There's also Khalil Mamon stamps and designs on the coal tray and stem. It also has the flared bottom as opposed to a nut.

I still feel bad for Dafunk though sad.gif

I talked to the guys at thehookah today. Just to let all of you guys know they were really helpful and willing to work on this problem with me, so have no fear when dealing with these guys. They are a good company and are standing behind there products and customer service. One thing that was discussed was the fact that these all come in on one big shipment so there is no difference between the hookahs they have and what everyone else has. It was also brought to my attention by them (and by moose and matt) that they HOL are not as high of quality as other KM's, mostly because they focus more on their larger versions. I just want you all to know that this is not a hate on thehookah thread. They are doing all they can to help me out with this problem. DO NOT THINK I AM SAYING NOT TO BUY FROM THEM. I am sure there larger hookah's are fine and you have nothing to worry about when you buy those. As of right now it looks like I will be returning the hookah and swapping it out for a different stem, which stem has not been decided.

Holy crap those are worse than I thought!!!!! haha I have been saying it for months now... and Eric was most definitely right as well.

I'm glad I got one of the last batches of good KM.

Those are in terrible shape, I'm sorry you guys paid more for a shitty rig then i did for a damn sexy one.