• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 19 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is depressing

My thoughts exactly.. I was actually looking forward to getting my order a couple hours ago.

I know! This really took the jam out of my donut.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 19 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 19 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that tray even legit? It looks like it was very poorly spun, and all the other ones I've seen looked like they were stamped.

which tray are you referring to?

The ice bucket.

Yeah the tray is legit, what i am more worried about is the stem itself....

QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 19 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is depressing

My thoughts exactly.. I was actually looking forward to getting my order a couple hours ago.

I know! This really took the jam out of my donut.

I'm sorry guys sad.gif

Don't worry your orders will be fine, and I will be the only one who got screwed smile.gif....oh wait...that sucks sad.gif

i told ya the HOL was lower quality funk. Wish I could have told you that before you ordered it, rather than today. I have one, it sucks to be honest. Every experience i have heard about with hookahs from thehookah have been shit. Can anyone tell me im wrong please? I hope so.

Anywhoo sorry to hear dafunk.

Everyone buy a tri-metal style if any KM.

There should be a "Survivors of poor quality KM pipes" fund.. to help relieve the pain caused by these dastardly events. Then donate the poor quality ones to charity.. so they can be used as clubs, doorstops.. and paper weights.

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 19 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There should be a "Survivors of poor quality KM pipes" fund.. to help relieve the pain caused by these dastardly events. Then donate the poor quality ones to charity.. so they can be used as clubs, doorstops.. and paper weights.

please help us sad.gif

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i told ya the HOL was lower quality funk. Wish I could have told you that before you ordered it, rather than today. I have one, it sucks to be honest. Every experience i have heard about with hookahs from thehookah have been shit. Can anyone tell me im wrong please? I hope so.

Anywhoo sorry to hear dafunk.

Everyone buy a tri-metal style if any KM.

Do you have the dual tone or regular? Mine smokes ok (has a tighter draw), and looks fine, its just not what i was hoping for....

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 19 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can I be its first beneficiary? empathy.gif

Can't speak to the stem. My new double pear from thehookah is great. Very heavy and very well made. So this may be an isolated incident. I hope it is, I don't want to see any more people disappointed.

As far as the hoses...I love them. smile.gif Great hoses but too short. The pull is nice and the flavor doesn't linger too well in them. My only complaint is that the glue on the hose is kind of...um...excessive. It's all over the place and looks bad but it just takes some picking to get that stuff off.

Sorry to hear about this, man. It really does suck.

QUOTE (click @ Feb 19 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The nut on the first KM is a bit larger, but even my high quality tri-metal has a nut like that. I have the exact same hose and it's bad ass. So i dunno what you got.

Yeah I have heard that some tri metals have the nut on the ends of um, and that more and more KM's will have that instead of the bulge. The problem I have with the hose is the fact that it feels like its plastic instead of pleather (marginal problem I know) and it just doesnt seem to be of the same quality as other KM hoses. (again this is a standard hose that comes with it, not a ultimate. I wasnt expecting super high quality, it was just more fuel to my fire)

"Survivors of poor quality KM pipes" fund
(pretend crappy sarah mclacklan music is playing)

"dafunk5446
hobbs
echotc

these are just a few of those effected by this recent travesty. For eighteen dollars a month, only sixty cents a day, you'll help rescue hookah lovers being abused by online stored. Call or join online in the next 30 minutes and you will receive this welcome kit. with a photo of a hookah lover who's been given a second chance thanks to you.

Right now there is a hookah lover who needs you, your call says "I'm here to help""

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem I have with the hose is the fact that it feels like its plastic instead of pleather (marginal problem I know) and it just doesnt seem to be of the same quality as other KM hoses.

I see what you mean. I just felt the new one compared to my older ones and it feels like slightly different.  Not sure if it's just cured differently. I don't think it will fall apart or anything though.  Time will tell.

Ouch sorry to hear that... given the prices I'm really not surprised that you're disappointed. If I were to drop 100$+ on a hookah I'd expect a premium hose.

QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"dafunk5446
hobbs
echotc

these are just a few of those effected by this recent travesty. For eighteen dollars a month, only sixty cents a day, you'll help rescue hookah lovers being abused by online stored. Call or join online in the next 30 minutes and you will receive this welcome kit. with a photo of a hookah lover who's been given a second chance thanks to you.

Right now there is a hookah lover who needs you, your call says "I'm here to help""

hahah good luck you guys and there is still hope!

the ice looks really cheezy, like its not even a KM, the HOL looks ok from the outside, but those hose ports are utter shit, sorry to say. i would return them man in all honesty. they look like they are gonna rust and break down real quick. the vases are not KM, and im not sure about the hoses. unless KM came out with some new hoses. very sad.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 19 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOL Dual tone

Mangled

Bottom of down stem

Now like I said, you wont be able to tell much from the pics, they aren't that bad they smoke ok (minus the HOL smoking like a QT), the quality in their construction is the issue.

WTF is that in the purge port RUST!!!???

and that downstem FUCKED! id forward these pics to thehookah and see what they say....

Terrible!

QUOTE (SmokinMoose @ Feb 19 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nikon1323 @ Feb 19 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is insane.....my best friend has always used heartofalion as a screen name and xbox live name so he wants to order that hookah but idk if he should now...im goin to look around see if another site has it

Tell him to get this one.

http://hookahjohn.com/product.sc?categoryI...mp;productId=30

It is the larger heart of Lion.

i would but i know he doesnt want to spend 109 bucks lol but yea i think hes just goin to order the one tone HOL hookah so when he does (prob in 6 months when we get an apartment) ill have to post on it

Do you have the dual tone or regular? Mine smokes ok (has a tighter draw), and looks fine, its just not what i was hoping for....

QUOTE (Hobbs @ Feb 19 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can I be its first beneficiary? empathy.gif

I have the regular one, and it looks about the same as yours does. Maybe a lil worse, the bottom part of the tray like the under side that connects to the top side that is stamped, had a big gap so water got in there and into the pipe when washing. Was a bitch to get out, so I had to glue, yes glue the bottom of the tray shut.

QUOTE (echotc @ Feb 19 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"dafunk5446
hobbs
echotc

add mechant to this list, he got fuxored on a exotica. he bought it used it like 9-10 times, washed it and dried it after each use, and he sent pictures of it and the down stem is already rusting. New KM Shit = Epic Failure