New And In Nj

Aaronvb24

Hey I am new to this forum and live in North NJ. I was wondering if anyone has opened in areas where there is no indoor smoking allowed. Wondering if it is possible with the law in place and if there were any special papers I had to get to do so. I have heard it can if you do not serve food, but could just be a rumor. I am trying to collect as much information on it. So any owners or customers that have heard or been to a place that opened with these laws in effect would be extremely helpful.

Thank You

Guest SmokeRider89
Just a tip. I wouldn't recommend opening a hookah lounge with the inability to serve food. It's good to have something to eat or at least drink while smoking hookah, and if you dont have someone to cook you up some grub while you smoke, why not just stay home right?
Try doing a place with hookah smoking outdoors, on a patio or deck of somekind. I've seen that done.

Well I had ideas for food and drink, but I heard rumor that if you make it a full fledged restaurant that you run into the smoking law issue. I feel that drinks are more important then food at a hookah lounge. I have yet to be to one in jersey that serves food. I would ultimately love to be able to incorporate something like that. The outdoor thing is a good idea, but I would be worried that during the colder months people would be less interested even with a tarp and heaters. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank You

QUOTE (Aaronvb24 @ Feb 19 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for the record new to the forum not to smoking Hookah

Welcome to the forums. I know of a local shop owner that is looking to open up a hookah bar. I know in jersey city there are some hookah bars that offer both food and smoking. If you need any assistance/a good employee, I might be up to it depending on where you plan on doing this.

You are in newark have you ever been to the one at the cafe shop on central? Is that the local one you know of? My main concern is the smoking ban in jersey? Does it not apply to smoking lounges? I would imagine people know its filled with smoke, but i am not sure if they just banned smoking indoors to anyone not grand fathered in.
Always good to know there is assistance out there. I live north of newark, but go to school there. I ideally would like to open near a campus that does not have many hookah lounges yet. I have researched investors and other such things.. I can put it together just need to finish getting funds if I do not have support from a franchise.

QUOTE (Aaronvb24 @ Feb 19 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are in newark have you ever been to the one at the cafe shop on central? Is that the local one you know of? My main concern is the smoking ban in jersey? Does it not apply to smoking lounges? I would imagine people know its filled with smoke, but i am not sure if they just banned smoking indoors to anyone not grand fathered in.
Always good to know there is assistance out there. I live north of newark, but go to school there. I ideally would like to open near a campus that does not have many hookah lounges yet. I have researched investors and other such things.. I can put it together just need to finish getting funds if I do not have support from a franchise.

Intrinsic sucks and they do their smoking outside. I am talking about legit lounges in Jersey City that are indoors. They are both legal and serve food.

Good I am glad someone agrees. I have never been there, but those people were chillen at my frat and they decided to just steal the little that we taught them and bounced with it. I will not give them a cent of my money.. I have only ever been to one hookah lounge called Alladdins. The atmosphere sucked they were blasting a wrestling show and ruined my experience since then I just smoke at home. What good places do you know of?