*official* Mya Acrylic Order Thread

SixPackSunday

OK guys. so here is a very unfortunate update....

somebody, not exactly positive who, and i'm not going to say who i think it was, has done exactly what i requested not and managed to say several things like hookah, shisha, etc in his message.

I am locked out of my own pp account. I cant log in/access anything. Not only is everybodys money from this group buy in here, but I also have a very large sum of money in pp at the time. I have been calling/emailing pp trying to figure something out and so far all I have received is 'We will take up to 30 days to investigate the matter and confirm or change our decision.

I dont know what to do guys because this flat out sucks. I will say 2 things. Since I ran this group buy and you all trusted me with your money, I will get your money back to you. one way or the other.

please be understanding here guys and know i'm doing everything I can to get this resolved.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can verify Logan's shitty situation, we spoke about it trying to figure out a loophole for us to get paypal to speed it up.

Hopefully things work out for the best whatever that may be, just know that Logan definately has you guys at the top of his concerns in this situation.

It seems weird to me.

The hold up before was "a hiccup between the seller and i" and now its because of some shisha reference in one of the paypal payments. Who was it? Why wasn't it brought up before when the payment was actually sent to you?

If your story is genuine, I apologize. But please try and understand why I would be a bit skeptical... ie give us a story with some evidence, not just anecdotes.

QUOTE (a_shimoon @ Apr 7 2009, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems weird to me.

The hold up before was "a hiccup between the seller and i" and now its because of some shisha reference in one of the paypal payments. Who was it? Why wasn't it brought up before when the payment was actually sent to you?

If your story is genuine, I apologize. But please try and understand why I would be a bit skeptical... ie give us a story with some evidence, not just anecdotes.

Shit happens. I don't think SPS is out to fuck any of us over. When dealing with a big order like this, hiccups do occur. It's a lot of money changing hands for a lot of product. I have heard multiple stories of similar things happening with others mentioning tobacco in PP messages and getting accounts locked. Afterall, that is why he made mention of it in the initial post. Either way, I am sure it will be worked out and you will get your money or the pipes in the end.

Believe me, I am disappointed too. I already bought another mya hose and a hose adapter for one of them. If it all falls through its money wasted. But you know, it happens.

Publicly announcing who did it isn't going to help the situation. They can be taken care of privately, so the mistake doesn't happen again. I know whoever it may be failed to follow simple rules, but I don't think public humiliation (and inevitable flaming and shit talking) is really the answer.

Fair enough.

I'm new here and SixPackSunday has been here a lot longer than me. That's why I felt comfortable sending him money for 10 pipes...

And I don't really want to submit the person to public humiliation.... but there's no other way for us to really figure out if this story holds up or not.

I guess there's not really much that can be done at this point anyways. All I can say is I'm crossing my fingers that I will see my money again or the pipes. Let's see how you handle this one.

QUOTE (a_shimoon @ Apr 7 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fair enough.

I'm new here and SixPackSunday has been here a lot longer than me. That's why I felt comfortable sending him money for 10 pipes...

And I don't really want to submit the person to public humiliation.... but there's no other way for us to really figure out if this story holds up or not.

I guess there's not really much that can be done at this point anyways. All I can say is I'm crossing my fingers that I will see my money again or the pipes. Let's see how you handle this one.

Actually as you stated, he's been here longer than you, so my advice is to sit back relax, and stop being so skeptical. Six Pack has set up tons of trades and favors, on a smaller level. He's not out to screw anyone over, and it would be retarded to try as it is through paypal and getting our money back would be easy to do by force.

He's already promised money or hookahs, depending on how the situation works out, so how about you quit stressing him, smoke your hookah, and just be patient.

I will not stop being skeptical because its not really a conscious choice I can make.

But, as I did say... he's got more reputation than I do. Also, his review threads are great. But as obey said... I've got a lot of my money tied up in it. That's why I'm asking questions... I can't help but being curious about the situation.

QUOTE (obey @ Apr 7 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
liquid...are you kidding me with that response? he has over $200 invested in these hookahs, he has every right to be worried.

Nope not kidding, no one held a gun to his head to force him to put money in, and no one gave him a written agreement that there would be no hold ups, it happens.

For example everyone getting miniphunnels paid their money 6 months in advance of getting the product. And it got pushed back a good month or two. And there was minimal worry with that. So no I don't think he has every right to worry, just the right to be vigilant in developments.

QUOTE (a_shimoon @ Apr 7 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will not stop being skeptical because its not really a conscious choice I can make.

But, as I did say... he's got more reputation than I do. Also, his review threads are great. But as obey said... I've got a lot of my money tied up in it. That's why I'm asking questions... I can't help but being curious about the situation.

I understand man, a dose of skepticism is always healthy, and I didn't mean to seem like I wanted to stifle that either (just got told I had to move out of my apt, so a bit of a sour mood), I just want you to be able to relax and understand it's gonna be all good in the end.

With my experience with paypal it's usually not immediate lockdown, it could have been even the last person to get his payment in, we can't be sure.

Also the hiccup with the wholesaler was probably because he was being cautious then when everything was straightened out he went to his paypal to pull the money out and boom, lockity lock.

As a seller on ebay I've had it happen once or twice (with items not related to hookah/shisha/etc) but none the less I know how seriously they take anything tobacco related because they can be held liable.

On a last note, all my experiences with SixPackSunday have gone smoothly and worked out just like I expected if not better.

This guy has made awesome trades with a lot of the people on the forum, started a shisha pass it around box with his own stuff knowing someone could just take it all and not continue the box, and even sent out 'bombs' (aka gifts) to people just because.

So that's why I can tell you with confidence everything with him is on the level.

QUOTE (a_shimoon @ Apr 7 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks liquidglass. That's exactly what I needed. Somebody that knows whats going on to reassure me as a newer member about the situation.

Genuinely, thank you.

You're genuinely welcome, I appreciate you understanding where I was coming from. I wouldn't want to run you off or cause you more worry, that wouldn't be good for anyone. wink.gif

I wouldn't worry to much guys, I'm sure logan will get this straightened out no matter what the end result is being money or hookahs. I've done a trade with him in the past and it went nothing short of smoothly, he even sent more shisha out when he underestimated how much he sent me in the original shipment(and more than what was missing at that). And then if that wasn't enough he sent me a phunnel bowl since mine broke so I could enjoy the tangier's he had just got done trading me since I was phunnel less at the time. He's a good guy and he'll take care of all of you.

Like a lot of other have said you have nothing to worry about with Logan. I have done quite a few trades with him and he is a stand up guy, and is working on fixing the problem

All he had to do was send me a free cigar and some free tobacco to buy me off smile.gif

No, really though, he's a good guy. Glad to see something handled maturely and well, maturely. Kudos to you a shimoon and liquid.

May i politely suggest avoiding this type of situation in the future? While i trust SPS, i did warn that this situation had the potential to get real messed up. Good luck to you all. And remember, If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I dont think thats completely fair to say Mush, it was simply an issue of a buyer making a stupid mistake thereby alerting paypal to the possibility of tobacco being sold, which isn't even true.

SPS was doing a solid for the forum and I dont think it's productive to discourage this stuff in the future, after all the miniphunnel deal was no different, same exact ordering formula, and that went very well.

What about the fact that a lot of people have been wanting some status updates on the situation... news of what is being done to resolve the situation, and SPS has yet to even respond. That doesn't sound like "solid" doings for the forum.

I understand that this is a bad situation for both parties but I must agree with shimoon, even if there is no news yet, it would be more professional and more comforting to the buyers to at least respond to their inquiries.

Last word was 13 days ago. Im going to contact SPS and tell him i expect DAILY updates on this clusterfuck.

The fact that the last 2 attempts at a mass buy have developed problems should be all the warning people need....just to save about 15 bucks.

If this ever makes it though we'll have half the people who got them trying to trade them inside of 2 months I'll wager. smile.gif

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates here. I had been checking the forum for 'new posts' every couple of days and hadnt seen this pop up. My fault entirely for not updating.

Thanks to those of you who are reassuring others that this will be handled one way or another.

I would prefer to not say which member it was, at the time I dont even remember, I know it was not a forum name I recognized as a regular poster. my emails to pp have gone unanswered lately and its getting frustrating. apparetly when they say 'within 30 days' they mean 'in 30 days, no sooner'

Mush, while you have every right to comment on this thread, your not a part of the group buy and your negative nancy attitude isnt helping anything. so thanks, but please let us handle this.

to answer a previous question. There was a small hiccup with the sellar where he thought I was going to just pp him a very large sum of money on the assumption he had a huge stock of myas and would ship them to me. I worked out a deal instead where the money will be held in escrow for the actual transaction (i'm paying escrow fee's out of my pocket). I hadnt opened my pp account for a week or so when I realized this.

I'll keep around this thread more often (specific thread is now bookmarked for me) and I will make sure to keep you all updated when I hear ANYTHING.

if you need to get ahold of me quicker feel free to email me at b.logan.brown AT gmail DOT com that should get you a fairly quicker response, within a day for sure.