For Those With A Burner, Do You Wait For It To Heat Before Putting Coals On?

Basically what I've noticed is that when I let the burner heat up before putting the coals on results in a more wholesome burn, meaning that the entire coal is heated equally instead of gradually. The best way to liken this is anyone who has made an omlet, with oil, if you put the egg in before the pan has heated vs after; I always get better eggs when I wait for it to warm up before putting it in.
Has anyone else noticed this? (the coal part not the egg part tongue.gif)

Well, for the first round of the day i put them on and turnm it on. After that the burner is going pretty much constantly. I flip them if i happen to be standing there at a time when they are about half done. At home i do it about the same way.

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Feb 12 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically what I've noticed is that when I let the burner heat up before putting the coals on results in a more wholesome burn, meaning that the entire coal is heated equally instead of gradually. The best way to liken this is anyone who has made an omlet, with oil, if you put the egg in before the pan has heated vs after; I always get better eggs when I wait for it to warm up before putting it in.
Has anyone else noticed this? (the coal part not the egg part tongue.gif)

wow, dude, thats a pretty bad analogy.
it should be more like do you put a pot/pan on the stove before it gets hot? or after its hot?
it makes no difference because the pan will get hot anyway.

if you want to use eggs in the analogy then you use that in place of the tobacco....
do you put the coals on top of the tobacco before they are fully hot? or after they are fully hot?

stove = stove
coal = pot or pan
egg = tobacco

QUOTE (chinamon @ Feb 12 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Feb 12 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone else noticed this? (the coal part not the egg part tongue.gif )

wow, dude, thats a pretty bad analogy.
it should be more like do you put a pot/pan on the stove before it gets hot? or after its hot?
it makes no difference because the pan will get hot anyway.

if you want to use eggs in the analogy then you use that in place of the tobacco....
do you put the coals on top of the tobacco before they are fully hot? or after they are fully hot?

stove = stove
coal = pot or pan
egg = tobacco

Ass.
Lol but why would you put coals that arent fully lit on tobacco? That would ruin the smoke...