Smoking Hookah Give You Gas?

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Feb 11 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure if it is the glycerin, but sometimes after I start smoking I have to take a break to go read the newspaper a bit wink.gif

I second this.. except I play some hand held Yahtzee!!

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Feb 11 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Feb 11 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure if it is the glycerin, but sometimes after I start smoking I have to take a break to go read the newspaper a bit wink.gif

I second this.. except I play some hand held Yahtzee!!

Clean up email addy's and numbers on my cell phone helps pass the time too. If Ms. Scalli is not home I will take the hookah with me. Smoking hookah keeps me "regular" HAHA!!!

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Feb 11 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made a thread on acid reflux/ heart burn could be an effect of it.

I get heartburn after smoking. But I get heartburn after drinking water too wacko.gif

On a side note, did anyone get a migrane attack after smoking hookah?

A few days ago I was watching a movie for class while puffing on some Lucid Tangiers. After two hours I got the worst headache of my life, literally felt like I was dying or something. That plus an elevated heart rate that wouldn't normalize. Never had this happen before (not a heart thing either... I usually work out at 80-90%MaxHR for more than an hour without any problems), but I'm gonna take a long break before I light up again ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Zyram @ Feb 11 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nicotine is a natural laxative. Hence, many of us will probably be affected with a bowel movement when smoking. Just a little tidbit I learned.

-Z

Learned this while smoking cigarettes. In regards to hookah, it'll happen about halfway through a bowl of tangiers that i may go need to take a break.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Feb 12 2009, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few days ago I was watching a movie for class while puffing on some Lucid Tangiers. After two hours I got the worst headache of my life, literally felt like I was dying or something. That plus an elevated heart rate that wouldn't normalize. Never had this happen before (not a heart thing either... I usually work out at 80-90%MaxHR for more than an hour without any problems), but I'm gonna take a long break before I light up again ohmy.gif

Had some similar experiences, crazy headaches which make you wanna rip your eyeballs out, need to throw up etc... I see the hookah more like a trigger though, those experiences has always been connected with bad sleep and crappy/irregular food intake. Then i get headaches pretty regularly anyway so... Edited by Kapten Kanel

if you are burping your probably swallowing some air/smoke or the nicotine is starting to give you acid reflux.

the lower intestine stuff is more than likely because you ate diner a little bit before you smoke and its starting to digest while your smoking. i dont think nicotine will effect you much by smoking it in the laxative department, i have celiac disease (eating any thing with gluten in it causes issues) and had almost all of the digestive issues with it, and might have a little IBS or IBS like stuff and nicotine never makes me move more

-matt

QUOTE (erufiku @ Feb 11 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to get pretty bad headaches after smoking. Not anymore though.