[offical] "omg! I Got My Mini Phunnel!" [offical]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (cotsi95 @ Feb 21 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EPIC austin EPIC!

yeah it was delicious, I used the scoop method and instead of an oyster fork I used a spoon, worked great!

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Feb 20 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any special tips I should keep in mind when packing tangiers in these sucker?

Well I just did the break in bowl on my mini, and I did the "pack the living shit out of it method". I just filled the bowl and squished it down with my thumb, and kept doing that till I was over the rim. Used a lot of holes, not huge but not small either. Threw two CH coals (then another 2 after those), got a good two hours out of it, most likely could have gotten more but the flavor was starting to decline.

I know when I went to the narg and cotsi loaded a bowl he used a similar method, maybe not as much packing as I did (maybe he will chime in), and I got about an hour and half out of the bowl, but the flavor was declining rapidly by that point.

So keep in mind if you want a longer session to just pack the shit out of it.

So apparently mine is here! (Sort of).

I never got a notification email, but I went to check my mail, and it says I have a package waiting in the front office (which of course is closed at this point...Argh!). Went to check on paypal...and that's most definitely what's sitting about 200 ft away from me in the apartment office...

I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know if I'll be able to use it then! Can't use it Monday either! Talk about torture!

I'll post pics once I get said phunnel in my hands.

Obviously, I didn't get one...but seeing all of you get yours is making me wish I had. But the reason for this post is to say:

IV, you are an amazing person for doing all of this especially considering your schedule. It makes me happy to know that there are people in the world that are willing to sacrifice for the happiness of others.

Thank you IV, not for a mini, but for for being such a cool person.

Obviously, I didn't get one...but seeing all of you get yours is making me wish I had. But the reason for this post is to say:

IV, you are an amazing person for doing all of this especially considering your schedule. It makes me happy to know that there are people in the world that are willing to sacrifice for the happiness of others.

Thank you IV, not for a mini, but for for being such a cool person.

YEAH IT ACTUALLY DID WARRANT A DOUBLE POST! Edited by shalowlow

your so gay pooky

congrats on the pass landing though.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So keep in mind if you want a longer session to just pack the shit out of it.

hahahah
funk wasn't the point of the mini to get shorter bowls...
so let me correct it
QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Feb 22 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So keep in mind if you want a longer session buy a small phunnel.

I nearly peed myself with excitement when I finally got the box. No, really.

Yeah, it's a real penny. wink.gif
[attachment=3077:0222091327a.jpg]

Out with the old...
[attachment=3078:0222091328a.jpg]

This is the only bowl grommet I have!!! Anyone have any brilliant ideas?
[attachment=3079:0222091329a.jpg]

So I thought I ordered Celedon Froth...and I think this one is Oasis Green. To be perfectly honest, I think I like the color scheme better here, but I just don't want someone down the line to end up with the wrong bowl.

QUOTE (natgnat @ Feb 22 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out with the old...

So I thought I ordered Celedon Froth...and I think this one is Oasis Green. To be perfectly honest, I think I like the color scheme better here, but I just don't want someone down the line to end up with the wrong bowl.

Wet paper towel does the trick nicely. I fond that the opening was a bit on the small side. My MYA silicone grommets have been doing the trick to some extent but I was thinking of using wet paper towel.

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Feb 22 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (natgnat @ Feb 22 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out with the old...

Wet paper towel does the trick nicely. I fond that the opening was a bit on the small side. My MYA silicone grommets have been doing the trick to some extent but I was thinking of using wet paper towel.

I'll have to try that for the meanwhile until I can find some smaller grommets. Assuming I don't have to return it because it's the wrong color that is.... smile.gif

QUOTE (clickhea @ Feb 22 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
howd some of you manage to get 2?

i thought the rule was 1 each :[

1. IV loves me more than most people.
2. When he had finished taking all the original orders he had a few people who hadn't paid and he made it a first come first serve for the remaining few. I was lucky enough to be here.

anyway I let Zinite borrow my blue one. If he breaks it he has to give me his when it arrives. or a kidney.

QUOTE (clickhea @ Feb 22 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to clear this up now before it goes and gets outta hand. There was a time limit on the original purchase/payment phases. When those times ran out I offered the possibility of multiple bowls on something of a first come first serve basis with preference to the senior members who I have gained a lot from. So there are going to be people with multiple bowls.

QUOTE (drabin @ Feb 22 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2. When he had finished taking all the original orders he had a few people who hadn't paid and he made it a first come first serve for the remaining few. I was lucky enough to be here.

anyway I let Zinite borrow my blue one. If he breaks it he has to give me his when it arrives. or a kidney.

Smoking some AF mint out of it right now smile.gif

BTW, the Mini Phunnel holds about 3/5 as much as a Medium (measured with salt).

QUOTE (natgnat @ Feb 22 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have to try that for the meanwhile until I can find some smaller grommets. Assuming I don't have to return it because it's the wrong color that is.... smile.gif

What do you mean wrong color? I had you down for oasis green from the beginning.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Feb 22 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (drabin @ Feb 22 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smoking some AF mint out of it right now smile.gif

BTW, the Mini Phunnel holds about 3/5 as much as a Medium (measured with salt).

How is that in comparison to a small? And you have to remember these bowls are handmade so the size is not exact.